Six Flags might not survive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Six Flags might not survive

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 03-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
Captainofiron
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Six Flags might not survive

Well guys this is sort of a call to action

If anyone of you has ever gone to Six Flags and had a great time, and has fond memories of the nearest Six Flags to your city please take action guys.

Six Flags is in danger of closing due to low ticket sales and accumulating debt.

check it:
Quote:
Six Flags. (SIX; about 30,000 employees; stock down 84%). This theme-park operator has been losing money for several years, and selling off properties to try to pay down debt and get back into the black. But the ride may end prematurely. Moody’s expects cash flow to be negative in 2009, and if consumers aren’t spending during the peak summer season, that could imperil the company’s ability to pay debts coming due later this year and in 2010.
Anyways guys, I know for sure this summer I plan on going a few times. I really hope that if we all start going and taking the family we can save the parks.
Do It.

82 Chevy K10 Silverado Single Cab, Short Bed, 3" suspension lift, 350 SBC, TH-350, NP 208C, 10 bolt 8.5 axles front and rear (open diffys for now), Warn Premium hubs up front, 33x12.50-15 BFG A/Ts
Captainofiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
aggiejeep07

Maybe it shouldnt cost so damn much to go there.
aggiejeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

cost as much as disney world plus the parking fees, $4 for a 20oz soda
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That's why they sell beer and wine now. I think they even sell mixed drinks. They're sure to survive with booze on the menu. What redneck doesn't want to get drunk and go ride the Titan?
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
PanthersFan
Not old, just older

2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm sure their financial trouble hasn't affected their roller coaster maintenance!
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
PanthersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
What redneck doesn't want to get drunk and go ride the Titan?
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
Captainofiron
1991 XJ Cherokee 

what 50 bucks, I never paid over 39 dollars.
You can always get in for childs admission with a can of Coca Cola
Or usually my credit union offers even cheaper tickets sometimes.

Anyways, I think its up to us to save it.

Yea it might be expensive, but hell, take your girlfriend its probably one of the best dates I have ever had. Expensive, maybe, but just count how many times you feel like you are falling or just how much adrenaline you used that day.
I think its worth it.

82 Chevy K10 Silverado Single Cab, Short Bed, 3" suspension lift, 350 SBC, TH-350, NP 208C, 10 bolt 8.5 axles front and rear (open diffys for now), Warn Premium hubs up front, 33x12.50-15 BFG A/Ts
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

My tickets cost like $29 from my company so people from work go all the time. I hope it doesn't shut down.

If it does though, what the hell happens to all of those rollercoasters?
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #9
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post

If it does though, what the hell happens to all of those rollercoasters?
No kidding. Yard sale? I have 10 acres. I'll take Superman and Goliath.
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #10
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I remember getting in for fifteen bucks...

I helped build "The Boss" wooden coaster in St Louis. Never seen so many skunks in one place. At least one night a week you'd have to wait for the skunks to clear off to get back to your truck!

That said, I can't say losing Six Flags would tear me up inside all that much...

"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens
tales from the bard side
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
twobit
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I grew up 10 minutes from the ORIGINAL Six Flags in Arlington Texas (and I know what the phrase "Six Flags" means )*. It opened in early 1960's. The plumbing contractor my father worked for did all the plumbing there as it was built. I first went there in the late 60's. Tickets were around $5 in the 60's then about $7 in 70's. A season pass in the 70's was about $21. Many of my teenage friends worked there, although I did not. My summer construction jobs paid three times what the kids at Six Flags made. Six Flags has changed alot over the last 50 +- years. Maybe they are too big and greedy for their own good ? Six Flags Arlington has been remodeled and expanded numerous times over the decades.

*Texas is the only state to have had six sovereign flags fly over it; France, Spain, Mexico, United States of America, Conferderate States of America, & the Sovereign Nation of Texas. The original Six Flags was built with six areas of the park, each reflecting the theme of one of those nations. It was weird when they built "Six Flags over Georgia" which I think was Six Flags #2 because the theme "six flags" no longer fit.

Last edited by twobit; 03-12-2009 at 10:52 AM..
twobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
aggiejeep07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainofiron View Post
what 50 bucks, I never paid over 39 dollars.
You can always get in for childs admission with a can of Coca Cola
Or usually my credit union offers even cheaper tickets sometimes.

Anyways, I think its up to us to save it.

Yea it might be expensive, but hell, take your girlfriend its probably one of the best dates I have ever had. Expensive, maybe, but just count how many times you feel like you are falling or just how much adrenaline you used that day.
I think its worth it.
If i'm going to a theme park in texas, i'm going to one of the schlitterbahns. Cheaper, lots of water, lots of hotties running around in bikini's, and you can bring in all of your own stuff so i could get drunk. Not to mention, they might as well call it six flags over mexico now, at least in texas. Every cholo around walks with their *** hanging out and shirts down to their knees.
aggiejeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #13
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiejeep07 View Post
Maybe it shouldnt cost so damn much to go there.
They do offer some deals. I remember the last time I went I brought a coke can with a buy one entry, get one free deal. I do agree that things are way expensive, however it's like that everywhere. They can't run the place on $25 a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
Captainofiron
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
If i'm going to a theme park in texas, i'm going to one of the schlitterbahns. Cheaper, lots of water, lots of hotties running around in bikini's, and you can bring in all of your own stuff so i could get drunk. Not to mention, they might as well call it six flags over mexico now, at least in texas. Every cholo around walks with their *** hanging out and shirts down to their knees.

schlitterbahn, I hate those man, yea yea, you might see a few hot chicks there, but it sucks man. I went a few times, then I realized, yea its fun, but You wait just as long if not longer at schltterbahn, pay just as much.
But you cant compare Six Flags to schlitterbahn, I would rather be going 70+ miles per hour going nearly straight down on a rollercoaster than be lying on my back in a dirty river

oh by the way I am Mexican, watch yourself.

Unread 03-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #15
battelax
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I agree thats exactly how six flags great adventure is here in NJ. Also your paying alot of money to wait in long lines. I can think of a more productive way to blow 100 dollars. As I am older now I appreciate my parents taking me when I was little but I personally feel it is way to expensive.

They have very good security though. My brother and one of his loudmouth friends almost got into a confrontation with a large puerto-rican family that was hassling a ride attendant. People came out of the bushes to stop the fight.
battelax is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.