Showoff your Guns Thread! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Showoff your Guns Thread!

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 11-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #91
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samYJ View Post
All right, I gotta ask you guys about this.

Now, to preface, I'm a gun owner, I support the second amendment, and I plan to buy more guns as soon as I get the money together.
So, somebody earlier said they needed to run out and buy an assault rifle and a .50 cal sniper rifle before they get banned.
Why?
What useful purpose do those weapons serve you, other than letting you put up a little better, but ultimately short-lived fight against the government, should that day ever come?
If you want them just because they are fun to own and shoot, that's good enough for me. The 2nd amendment says nothing about the arms needing to be practical. But are we just arguing the principal of the matter on gun rights when we get "up in arms" so to speak, when percieving a threat to ownership of these weapons? I'm just curious about the ownership ideology involved with these weapons, since there's been so much talk of a ban lately.
They are both fun rifles, which is the best reason to own them. They're also both handy to have if the need should arise for you to protect yourself, which is the second most important reason to own them.

These people are taking their cues from states like California, where these rifles are illegal because they scare the uninformed masses who allow spiteful politicians to dictate their opinions to them. As a firearm owner and enthusiast, you should be concerned with the combination of Pelosi and Biden. Do some research on them and prepare to cry.

Unread 11-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #92
tcourdin

I bought these on Wednesday morning, I guess I should thank Obama for being elected? On another note Gary bought them the very next day.
guns.jpg  
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #93
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
I bought these on Wednesday morning, I guess I should thank Obama for being elected? On another note Gary bought them the very next day.
You had to get the SOCOM, huh? Good luck on that, I hope yours is a Wednesday rifle. I would like to take the 556 for a spin though.

How pissed is your wife?
Unread 11-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #94
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
You had to get the SOCOM, huh? Good luck on that, I hope yours is a Wednesday rifle. I would like to take the 556 for a spin though.

How pissed is your wife?

I HAD to have the Socom. I've read lots of good reports on it, I'm going to take it for a spin and if I hate it I can sell it and probably make a few bucks on it! I mean if Gary hates it he can sell it. I'll let you know if it functions or not.

My Wife was with me, I felt like Tim the Toolman when she said "go ahead hunny, it's probably a good investment at the moment"! I lurve her.
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
Unread 11-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #95
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
My Wife was with me, I felt like Tim the Toolman when she said "go ahead hunny, it's probably a good investment at the moment"! I lurve her.
I know that it's a trap when mine says something to that effect. Hopefully I can get my M14 ordered before they're banned. I'd hate to spend all of that money on a rifle and have to bury it in the backyard.
Unread 11-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #96
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
* Hopefully I can get my M14 ordered before they're banned.*
*Which model do you want? Our local shop has about 6 in stock...maybe I need a full size one too. I can pick one up for you if you want.
Unread 11-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #97
BLS33
Chief of the brain police

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
The 556 is just plain sexy.

Let me know how she handles when you hit the range.
BLS33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #98
hoohaa310
2008 JK Wrangler 

very OT but matt gertsch, i love your avatar! i have a small American flag in my dorm room and ever since 11-5, its been hung just like that! so many people have asked me about it, but they just dont get it.
hoohaa310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #99
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
*Which model do you want? Our local shop has about 6 in stock...maybe I need a full size one too. I can pick one up for you if you want.
18" Smith Enterprise M14SE SDM. http://www.smithenterprise.com/products02.html
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #100
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
The 556 is just plain sexy.

Let me know how she handles when you hit the range.
Will do. It's got a good feel to it, I think the plastic mags that come with it probably need to get tossed in the trash and the iron sights are pretty terrible. The shop had the Sig pistol grip/light already on it so I purchased it with it, it's a pretty shuweet setup.
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #101
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

wow, thanks to obama i can't find pmag's anywhere online now. hopefully i can catch some before january.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #102
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
wow, thanks to obama i can't find pmag's anywhere online now. hopefully i can catch some before january.
That's thanks to paranoia. Obama has done nothing to limit the availability of magazines yet.
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #103
NJblackdeath4x4
1996 XJ Cherokee 

gun laws do nothing to prevent or deter gun crimes
NJblackdeath4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #104
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblackdeath4x4 View Post
gun laws do nothing to prevent or deter gun crimes
Agree 100%. Prime example is what's happening as we speak...from talking of "banning" guns the country is now arming up..scary thing.
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #105
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

I really do wonder what goes through Obama's head as he reads all the articles on how gun sales have increased dramatically. You think he realized he is in for one helluva fight when it comes to gun control?
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.