Showoff your Guns Thread! - Page 63 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Showoff your Guns Thread!

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 08-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #931
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm8 View Post
It doesn't get in the way of changing gears/selecting drive?
Not sure... it probably would not work just like I am showing in that photo....I have seen a guy with a CJ and he had his AR mounted something like that.

Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #932
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I know some of you guys love buying guns for the experience of it, and others for the utility, and in this case I think I am appealing to the first crowd...

I need to get a pic of it to make this relevant to the post, but my dad has a S&W 327 .357 magnum with rails and everything he is trying to sell. Current retail around here is $1495ish, and he is asking $1250 for it... He bought it cause it is an amazing gun, but he just has too many, and wants to build an AR.

This is the same gun, but his will be minus the light and optics. He has them, but is wanting to keep them...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #933
Jon00XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGJetMech View Post

All of mine, minus the woman's 10-22, and a S&W 20 gauge...

Mossberg 535 ATS 12 Guage
Remington Speedmaster .22
AR-15, LMT Upper, RRA Lower
Beretta U22 Neos
Taurus 24/7 .45
S&W 5906 9mm

Ok I know it isnt directly touching soil but please tell me that that flag is not on the ground. I hope thats a table or a bed or something.

Sorry thats just one of my pet peeves
Jon00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #934
gmp211
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon00XJ View Post
Ok I know it isnt directly touching soil but please tell me that that flag is not on the ground. I hope thats a table or a bed or something.

It looks like its on a bed...
Unread 08-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #935
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon00XJ View Post

No way man, that's on my bed. That particular flag was flown over Sather Air Base in Iraq. Wouldn't even think of doing something like that. The American flag deserves all the respect we can give it

[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club- Tail# JF064NG[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
ANGJetMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #936
BAND-AID
2009 JK Wrangler 

speaking of flags what is the proper way to retire a flag? The flag hanging over our squad house is well barely a flag anymore. Half of it is torn of and its very very faded. I refuse to throw it away but we need to put a new one up. I know its off topic just figured I would ask before the thread gets back on topic.
Unread 08-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #937
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I believe if you want you can take it to an American Legion or similar and they will retire it for you
QuickSilverCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #938
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

This is from Ehow.com

Things You'll Need:
  • Old Flag
  1. Step 1
    It is disrespectful to fly a flag that is ripped, tattered, faded, or torn. Take it down but, NEVER throw it in the trash. There are proper ways of disposing of it that show respect and honor.
  2. Step 2
    Section 8k of the Flag Code states, "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."
  3. Step 3
    This used to be simple because the flags were made of natural fibers like wool or cotton. Today, flags are made of nylon or a combination of petro based materials. Burning these flags could release harmful chemicals into the air. It is proper to bury these flags.
  4. Step 4
    Many groups will collect old flags and then will have a flag retirement ceremony; sometimes on flag day [June 14]. Ask a Boy Scout or Girl Scout if their troop does this. Think of asking your local VFW chapter as well.
  5. Step 5
    Wal-mart usually has a box for old flags as you enter the store. If not, ask to speak to the manager and donate your flag.
  6. Step 6
    Some groups are starting to recycle flags. You can ask that your flag be recycled by simply taking a magic marker and writing "recycle" on the white edge of the flag before dropping it off. You can also recycle your flag by giving it to a flag recycling advocacy group.
Unread 08-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #939
BAND-AID
2009 JK Wrangler 

cool guys thanks for the info ill check out walmart first then go from there
Unread 08-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #940
PhillyUnion2010
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Proper ways for disposing of the flag should be mandatory learning in our public schools...
Unread 08-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #941
BAND-AID
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyUnion2010 View Post
Proper ways for disposing of the flag should be mandatory learning in our public schools...
Well I have heard of burning but that just seems wrong with out a ceremony I don't want people to drive by my house while I'm burning an American flag. Also have heard of burring it but that again seems wrong because our flag should never touch the ground. It seems only proper to give it a second live so I will try recycling it through Walmart that seems like a great option that I have never heard of before...
Unread 08-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #942
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

"I got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime..."

my perpetual work-in-progress:

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #943
01Limited45324
2001 WJ 

Everytime I open this thread, a Forest Gump voice in my head goes "I like guns... I likes them a real lot..."

2001 Grand Cherokee Limited
2002 BMW 530i
01Limited45324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #944
BAND-AID
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Limited45324 View Post
Everytime I open this thread, a Forest Gump voice in my head goes "I like guns... I likes them a real lot..."
best quote ever!!!
Unread 08-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #945
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
"I got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime..."

my perpetual work-in-progress:

I DO honestly understand the excitement of building your own AR from scratch, I have heard people talk about them like jeeps... BUT THEY ARE NOT like jeeps.... If they were like jeeps, you could be a stock, non-blingy, fully functioning model for dirt cheap compared to every other gun out there, and still have the best value in guns.

If jeeps were like AR's, you would be paying Lexus prices for a built one, or having to order the drive train from one state, file 3 permits for the exhaust system in another state, and then go online and bid on a tub and wait till one was available that suited your taste... and then you go on ebay and get interior, doors, and all the goodies that make it your own.

sigh... ok... that's all i had to say...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.