Showoff your Guns Thread! - Page 211 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Showoff your Guns Thread!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #3151
CaptD

2013 JK Wrangler 

My Thunder Stick, a Marlin 1895 in 45-70

thunderstick1.jpg   20131225_202542.jpg  
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #3152
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Gorgeous. Was that after the remington takeover? (looks like a "GBL" model) shoots well?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #3153
CaptD

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Gorgeous. Was that after the remington takeover? (looks like a "GBL" model) shoots well?
Yes, (holds head down...) its a Marlington GBL It shoots really well. I went over it with a fine toothed comb. I could not find any imperfections in the wood or any crazy machine marks. I was leery at first but I'm glad I made the purchase now.
marlinstrap.jpg  
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #3154
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm diggin' the leather! I need to make a shell holder for mine. I made one for a 12 gauge I have, but havent sat down with the .45-70

Here's my guide gun.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #3155
CaptD

2013 JK Wrangler 

^^I like the stainless. Btw, my action was stiff as hell when I first got it but it's starting to come into its own now, smoothing out considerably. I bought a Rossi 30-30 lever gun a while back too. It was butter smooth straight out of the box and shoots really nice groups at 100 yds. It will probably be my go-to deer gun for some time. I want to bust a hog with that 45-70 soooo bad
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #3156
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

[quote=Dr. Marneaus;18856713]I'm diggin' the leather! I need to make a shell holder for mine. I made one for a 12 gauge I have, but havent sat down with the .45-70

Lots of leather right here.

http://www.levergunleather.com
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #3157
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

[quote=SDDAVE;18874569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I'm diggin' the leather! I need to make a shell holder for mine. I made one for a 12 gauge I have, but havent sat down with the .45-70

Lots of leather right here.

http://www.levergunleather.com
Yah, they have beautiful stuff, but I'm a "DIY" type guy.

With the straight grips and checkering on my stainless 1895, i would like to keep it clean and simple. Plus it's fun working with leather! $12 bucks to make a shell holder.

Quote:

Unread 12-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #3158
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

[quote=Dr. Marneaus;18882401]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDAVE View Post

Yah, they have beautiful stuff, but I'm a "DIY" type guy.

With the straight grips and checkering on my stainless 1895, i would like to keep it clean and simple. Plus it's fun working with leather! $12 bucks to make a shell holder.
Yep, something about leather,,,,and wood,,,,and steel.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #3159
ActionJackson00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

After doing some research I really want an m1a. Has anyone used the stripper clips on theirs? I have an m6 bayonet for an m14, so even more incentive to get one.
ActionJackson00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #3160
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

image.jpg  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pMoh1wBKk&NR=1

Yellow Jeep Club member #734
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #3161
ActionJackson00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Went shooting today. A nice gray 22 degree day. Here is the gear:

image-155265760.jpg

Mp15 with a red dot, glock 17 with a 30 round mag and a ruger 10-22
ActionJackson00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #3162
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson00 View Post
After doing some research I really want an m1a. Has anyone used the stripper clips on theirs? I have an m6 bayonet for an m14, so even more incentive to get one.
You'll need to get one with a bayonet lug. Many of the new ones (all Springfields) have been neutered and dont have a lug. You'll need to find a USGI flash hider to replace the Springfield one.

I dont use stripper clips because I have more than 1 magazine. Also, i dont use stripper clips because I have optics mounted, and not only are they in the way, but my mount replaced the stripper clip guide with an anchor point for the mount. Many of the mounts out there do the same.

Quote:

Unread 12-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #3163
Markmontana
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Reading about the M1A reminded me of my XM110. Need to dust her off for some holiday shooting.
m110_1_sm.jpg

Markmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #3164
Munch520
2011 JK Wrangler 

Nice! ^

One of my 19s with a new carry knife (ZT 0566)

New JM holster for the Glocks
Munch520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #3165
rdnck_8
2009 JK Wrangler 

New items for the Safe

When my father-in-law past away over the summer, I was asked to take both of his pistols. So this 22 came to my house,

He also had an old Korean pistol, the story I know so far is that my wife's grandfather brought it back from the Korean War. I have not looked into it yet but I do like a good research project.

That was in August, over Christmas this last week and a half we have cleaned out some of his things in the basement and den. And found the following, a 50 cal black powder rifle, a 44 cal black powder pistol, a 22 rifle, and a bb gun. So of the 2 guns I was asked to take, I wound up with the following. Guess the old man had a few secrets.

rdnck_8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.