Showoff your Guns Thread! - Page 208 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Showoff your Guns Thread!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #3106
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

on another note, I FINALLY got my hands on a mossberg 44 type magazine for my 42C.

75 year old rifle, 80 year old scope mount, 50 year old scope, brand new magazine, haha.

So far total investment in this is the cost of the magazine....$38.00

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #3107
rdnck_8
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

No.

they are terrible to let you know if its the gun you want to carry because they are not fitted to the gun, ovver no support are not overly stable (one point of connection to the belt) and are very thin and flimsy. They dont hold the gun close to you either.

I tried to use one for over a year and hated it, with multiple guns.

It actually caused me to sell a gun, and then to almost sell another but then i thought "how about i try a quality holster". I got a crossbreed supertuck and now carry my G19 every day. If you asked me 1 week before i got the good holster, i would have said a G19 is too big to carry concealed.

holster makes all the difference.
I have been carrying a Beretta 92FS for a year and a half without issue. I wouldnt hesitate on getting another one.
rdnck_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #3108
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

No problem, lol, but I'm just using the crossbreed as an example above, i'm not saying its necessarily the holster to use.

Same went for my old 1911, never carried it. Had a custom rig built for my sig 1911 that is full size (weird slide profile, rail, and left handed meant there was not a single offering on the market for me) and now i conceal that dang thing under a t shirt too.
Maybe I should specify: I hadn't really thought that the choice of your holster was as important as the choice of your gun until I started reading what you had to say about it, and then it really started to make sense. You prompted me to research concealed carry holsters, not necessarily buy the Crossbreed. I just happened to come to the same conclusion you did when you bought yours
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #3109
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnck_8 View Post
I have been carrying a Beretta 92FS for a year and a half without issue. I wouldnt hesitate on getting another one.
Different strokes for different folks is what I always say! Nothing wrong with that.

May I ask, have you ever carried it in a better material (not as thin and soft, so, like a leather holster) holster that was actually made for that gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen View Post
Maybe I should specify: I hadn't really thought that the choice of your holster was as important as the choice of your gun until I started reading what you had to say about it, and then it really started to make sense. You prompted me to research concealed carry holsters, not necessarily buy the Crossbreed. I just happened to come to the same conclusion you did when you bought yours
Good good, I think a lot of people think the way you originally did.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #3110
rdnck_8
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Different strokes for different folks is what I always say! Nothing wrong with that.

May I ask, have you ever carried it in a better material (not as thin and soft, so, like a leather holster) holster that was actually made for that gun?

Good good, I think a lot of people think the way you originally did.
I have a heavy fabric holster that I also use, it is universal not gun specific. IWB isn't to bad if you have an undershirt because it offers no fabric over the hammer, OWB it is very sturdy and comfortable. I use that holster for the few times I open carry, mostly to and from the range, but use it almost all the time in the winter when wearing a coat. Have looked into a supertuck but keep spending my money on other things, but soon.
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #3111
rdnck_8
2009 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone ever tried a belly band holster? Was looking for something when not wearing a belt. Came across one on you tube were the guy made it with a piece of leather for comfort. Was thinking of have the wife make one as she thinks the fabric would only be a few bucks, then the holster slots would be custom sized.

Also, found out the rifles I inherited over the summer are finally coming home, parents are coming up for Thanksgiving and bringing them, a 22, nothing to get jumpy over but new to me and a 50 cal muzzle loader. No one know my father-in-law had it, apparently he bought it in the late 70's, custom stock, cool engravings. Doesn't appear to have ever been fired before, so I figure I can change that rather quickly. Also gonna hold onto his pistols, a 22 and an unknown Korean WWII pistol. Brother-in-law is taking them but lives in IL and doesn't have a FOID yet. So I will hold onto them and do some research on the Korean gun. There was an episode of Sons of Guns that showed a Japenese Nambu which very closely resembles it, so possibly a Korean version. Can't wait to fin out, will post pics once I have them.
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #3112
jccJeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone selling a 4" or 4.25" 1911? I've got cash and/or 5.56 and Aimpoint to trade
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #3113
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
on another note, I FINALLY got my hands on a mossberg 44 type magazine for my 42C.

75 year old rifle, 80 year old scope mount, 50 year old scope, brand new magazine, haha.

So far total investment in this is the cost of the magazine....$38.00
I'd say you'll be surprised by the accuracy if you can smooth the trigger out just a little. I've yet to come up with one of the older Mossbergs that wouldn't shoot. Oscar and Sons built a pretty good rifle.

Did the magazine come with the short adapter?

Usually, only the 44's were spec'd out as .22 LR only. Does you're 42 have the trapdoor buttplate?
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #3114
TanMan99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Off with the old 26" vent rib barrel, on goes new 18.5" barrel with breach choke.
TanMan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #3115
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24 View Post
I'd say you'll be surprised by the accuracy if you can smooth the trigger out just a little. I've yet to come up with one of the older Mossbergs that wouldn't shoot. Oscar and Sons built a pretty good rifle.

Did the magazine come with the short adapter?

Usually, only the 44's were spec'd out as .22 LR only. Does you're 42 have the trapdoor buttplate?
Yup, my trigger sucks. Not gritty or anything, its just heavy as all get out. Still surprises me with the accuracy though. 25 yards it makes one ragged hole.

The mags from Havlin do come with the adapter. I believe mine is S, L, LR. Though I have never bought anything other than LR in my life.

Unfortunately I do not have the trap door for an extra mag. I'm told it may not have even come with a buttplate, being a 42C, but it has screw holes in the plate, i just need to find a correct one. I have a 44 trapdoor plate, but it isnt the same profile as this stock.

Quote:

Unread 11-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #3116
Munch520
2011 JK Wrangler 

Picked up a new blaster last week, Glock 19 with a ton of work done. Couldn't be happier.

And scored this used 22 suppressor (Zephyr XL) for $100
Munch520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #3117
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch520 View Post
Picked up a new blaster last week, Glock 19 with a ton of work done. Couldn't be happier.

grip work makes it look alot like my G19.

I love a glock when its been worked to not feel like a glock!

Quote:

Unread 11-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #3118
Munch520
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yeah it's ruined all my other Glocks for me haha
Munch520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #3119
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #3120
mclovinal
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I did end up with an uncle Mike's holster. It is actually pretty comfortable. I got a left hand holster and have it in the small of my back, though I don't carry it everywhere with me. Its virtually invisible there. I have a Browning BDA in .380, which is pretty small, but it shoots rather well.
[IMG][/IMG]

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.