Showoff your Guns Thread! - Page 206 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Showoff your Guns Thread!

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 10-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #3076
ActionJackson00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Against my own will I added a shell carrier seeing as its pretty much necessary to make this useful as a defense weapon.
How did you decide on the placement of the shell carrier. Reciver vs. stock?

ActionJackson00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #3077
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccJeep View Post
what holster do you guys use to CC
Raven concealment systems phantom w/ iwb loops
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #3078
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson00

How did you decide on the placement of the shell carrier. Reciver vs. stock?
1. Most stock options involve elastic loops which does not appeal to me due to durability/longevity reasons.

2. Much easier to access a receiver mounted shell for toping off the tube or direct loading slugs.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #3079
rdnck_8
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post

Raven concealment systems phantom w/ iwb loops
How do you like the raven? Comfy, sit well, easy draw?
rdnck_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #3080
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnck_8 View Post

How do you like the raven? Comfy, sit well, easy draw?
Its nice. Draw is fast, sits well, and its one of the few holsters made that fits my full size xdm9 w/ a trl1 light. And I can run it owb or iwb by changing out a few bits of hardware. Even in owb it sits close to the body, and conceals well under a light jacket. Ive been carrying with it for about a month now.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #3081
rdnck_8
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post

Its nice. Draw is fast, sits well, and its one of the few holsters made that fits my full size xdm9 w/ a trl1 light. And I can run it owb or iwb by changing out a few bits of hardware. Even in owb it sits close to the body, and conceals well under a light jacket. Ive been carrying with it for about a month now.
Cool, I have been using the balckhawk nylons for a year now and they are perfect for summer but now its getting colder I need a good owb that sits well. The one I got moves to much, the belt clip is cheap. Good to know the ravens change easily, will keep them in mind.
rdnck_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #3082
Munch520
2011 JK Wrangler 

Zeroing/function check before training next weekend.

Pew pew

The battle beater...11.5" SBR

11.5" just barely fits in here, very low profile but is able to carry a lot.

And the front pocket. "If you can do harm...you must also know how to heal"
Munch520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #3083
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Sccy cpx-2 9mm
Ruger 22/45 LITE .22LR

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #3084
mclovinal
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post

and my Winchester Model 94 Carbine 30-30 lever action

but I'm in the same boat of hoping to add some sort of revolver (still deciding cartridge) and, to round things out and probably for dove season, a versatile shotgun.
This gun! Probably my favorite gun ever. Reliable, well made, ammo has been plentiful, etc. I just like the way it feels. Haha.
[IMG][/IMG]
I actually like shooting my Savage .22 the most, because ammo is cheap and it is pretty accurate. Savage is a great gun company.
[IMG][/IMG]
My most interesting gun is probably my Sub-2000. Supposedly they are pretty rare. I want to get a forend and get a real sight for it, but both are hard to come by due to the guns unique folding action. I don't seem to have a picture of it though....
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #3085
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Against my own will I added a shell carrier seeing as its pretty much necessary to make this useful as a defense weapon.

Attachment 796138
I tried one like that, but after a few hundred rounds, it would bind up the action. I screwed it to the stock, and I actually like loading from there a lot better. If you keep your rounds primer down it makes reloading from it much easier.
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #3086
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't have a clue what kind of gun this is lol

image-376926650.jpg
Unread 11-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #3087
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_

I tried one like that, but after a few hundred rounds, it would bind up the action. I screwed it to the stock, and I actually like loading from there a lot better. If you keep your rounds primer down it makes reloading from it much easier.
Interesting. Was it the pins causing some type of interference?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #3088
Munch520
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
Sccy cpx-2 9mm
Ruger 22/45 LITE .22LR

Nice! When my 22 suppressor is approved I need to pick up a threaded Ruger.

11.5" has a new fixed front sight and Surefire x300 Ultra. This thing is crazy bright...really fills a dark room or hallway, and you can't beat a light at the 12 o'clock position

Unread 11-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #3089
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch520 View Post
Nice! When my 22 suppressor is approved I need to pick up a threaded Ruger.

11.5" has a new fixed front sight and Surefire x300 Ultra. This thing is crazy bright...really fills a dark room or hallway, and you can't beat a light at the 12 o'clock position

I'm not an AR guy, but thats lookin' good, especially with the can on there.

Quote:

Unread 11-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #3090
Munch520
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I'm not an AR guy, but thats lookin' good, especially with the can on there.
Thanks Doc! It ain't pretty but handles like a dreaaaaammm

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.