Showoff your Guns Thread! - Page 203 - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3031 of 3915 Old 10-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Marn
Station Wagoneer
 
Marn's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ

Nice. I really like both of those. What ammo do they shoot?
The marlin is a .22 and the .30-30 is .30-30

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Marn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3032 of 3915 Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Marn
Station Wagoneer
 
Marn's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL

I know what gun ill be buying this weekend

Surriously. I like it alot. I wanted a savage 10PC or maybe a Remington 700 but for the cost, I'm ridiculously happy with the mossberg. I got mine for $500 out the door, new. Keep in mind, it is only a $500 rifle. Some of the for and finish are not like 100%, some people don't like how the bolt wobbles. The trigger is great and on my first day at a real bench I was able to pull 1/2 MOA groups.

Also, I can say enough good about the SWFA SS

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Marn is offline  
post #3033 of 3915 Old 10-10-2013, 06:49 PM
rak320
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bunnlevel
Posts: 7
Here's a few of mine

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Attached Images
 
rak320 is offline  
post #3034 of 3915 Old 10-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Billy
Web Wheeler
 
Billy's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Surprise
Posts: 1,801
I own a Daisy.

Everyone IS out to get you, if you just believe in yourself and try hard enough!
Billy is offline  
post #3035 of 3915 Old 10-10-2013, 06:58 PM
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post
Im a TNP'er, Nutnfancy does an overkill job of explaining a gun... I mean damn, most of his gun reviews last 45 minutes lol. Hickock45 seems like he would be a great range buddy, I like that he isnt an elitist about guns.

Staying on topic:
WASR10 with Russian internals and furniture. Maxpedition Vulture II is my new bug out bag/Jeep bag.

Dude no ****ing kidding about Nutnfancy! Damn! And yes, Hickok seems like one of those guys where you hit the range, have some fun, and then sit down for a country style dinner somewhere with coffee and chat about anything under the sun. One of those guy who's real easy to get along with, even if you're an ***hole.

I gotta look up this TNP you speak of.



And since you went ahead and posted your kit, I'll go ahead and post mine. Still not done yet though, I'm still in the process of getting an Aimpoint PRO for my AR, and a couple other small things. After the Aimpoint, my AR build will be pretty much done. Not much else I want to do to it.

1991 YJ: Daily Driver
1992 YJ: Pile of crap sitting in the garage.
SunDevilJeeper is offline  
post #3036 of 3915 Old 10-10-2013, 08:32 PM
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orem Utah
Posts: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Keep in mind, it is only a $500 rifle.
Also, I can say enough good about the SWFA SS
Will do. I like that it takes AR mags... that is a huge plus for me. Detachible mag in a sub $1000 gun is awesome too. I do love those super sniper scopes, but im a Trijicon Accupoint kind of guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
I own a Daisy.
Thats my answer if it ever comes down to Gun Registration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post

I gotta look up this TNP you speak of.
TNP= The Nutnfancy Project. He also has top notch knife and philosophy vids that are worth checking out... again, they drag on, but its all good stuff.
IH8PEPL is offline  
post #3037 of 3915 Old 10-10-2013, 08:43 PM
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post


TNP= The Nutnfancy Project. He also has top notch knife and philosophy vids that are worth checking out... again, they drag on, but its all good stuff.
Time to consult the youtube.

1991 YJ: Daily Driver
1992 YJ: Pile of crap sitting in the garage.
SunDevilJeeper is offline  
post #3038 of 3915 Old 10-10-2013, 10:21 PM
ActionJackson00
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bozeman Mt
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Time to consult the youtube.
And we didn't hear from SunDevilJeeper for weeks.
I started watching a short (30min) TNP video on the gen 4 glock... and about 4 hours later I realized I had a problem...
ActionJackson00 is offline  
post #3039 of 3915 Old 10-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Marn
Station Wagoneer
 
Marn's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL

Will do. I like that it takes AR mags... that is a huge plus for me. Detachible mag in a sub $1000 gun is awesome too. I do love those super sniper scopes, but im a Trijicon Accupoint kind of guy

Those accupoints are wonderful optics.

The detachable mag thing was big to me too, and the fact that they are AR mags. I sold my AR because I don't care for them (they don't suit my shooting style) and put the money into the MVP. I enjoy it much much more. And if it ever came down to it...I still have a rifle that runs on the most common ammo and mags out there, though I would be carrying the M1A...but you get what I'm saying.

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Marn is offline  
post #3040 of 3915 Old 10-11-2013, 12:46 AM
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 3,225
People are all butthurt about Dale Monroe working for Troy Industries. Yeah he's a ****** cannon and everything, but Troy makes products that I like, and I'm a very picky person.

So, I'm looking at adding a 2 point battle sling to the AR now. Just bought a Gear Sector 6P offset light mount for my Surefire P2X Fury Defender.

1991 YJ: Daily Driver
1992 YJ: Pile of crap sitting in the garage.
SunDevilJeeper is offline  
post #3041 of 3915 Old 10-11-2013, 08:09 AM
CrawlingForward
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brazoria
Posts: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

The marlin is a .22
Nice thing about tubular magazines means it's a little more versatile on ammo. If there's an ammo shortage, you can also shoot .22long and .22short in addition to the more common .22longrifle

My Other Jeep Is A Jeep - Crawlingforward's Jeep-Related Adventures

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline  
post #3042 of 3915 Old 10-11-2013, 08:41 AM
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orem Utah
Posts: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post
Nice thing about tubular magazines means it's a little more versatile on ammo. If there's an ammo shortage, you can also shoot .22long and .22short in addition to the more common .22longrifle
I agree... 22 short is a fun little round. To bad I havent seen it on the shelves in 8 months. Things are calming down though.
IH8PEPL is offline  
post #3043 of 3915 Old 10-11-2013, 09:07 AM
CrawlingForward
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brazoria
Posts: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post

I agree... 22 short is a fun little round. To bad I haven't seen it on the shelves in 8 months. Things are calming down though.
I like to use them as the last round in the magazine. That way the different report keeps me from dry-firing if I miscount.

My Other Jeep Is A Jeep - Crawlingforward's Jeep-Related Adventures

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline  
post #3044 of 3915 Old 10-12-2013, 01:34 AM
jccJeep
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 796
In this post I share an alternate avenue for getting a concealed carry permission slip if the one is your state is expensive/timely.

Getting an AZ permit was simple for me since I'm .mil but shouldn't be too hard for you. My total cost was $60 for the permit plus postage which was around $5. It took 21 days from the time I mailed my application to until my permit arrived at my house.

Step 1. See if an AZ permit is honored in your state. AZ permits are valid in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming

Step 2. Go here: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concea...ermits/Obtain/ . You must request a permit application packet. Use this link https://www.azdps.gov/About/Contacts/Email/?c=CCW and tell them you'd like a permit application sent to your address. They'll send the application with instructions, two finger print cards, and a return envelope.

Step 3. Part of the eligibility requirements is to complete a firearms safety training program pursuant to ARS §13-3112.N. I used (5.)Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces. You can use (3.)Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course. Use this link to search for classes: http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx Select all "Learn to shoot courses" and search 50 miles from your zip code(longer if you’re willing to drive) If the cost of the class(some are free!) plus $60 is less than the cost for a permit in your state, you’re good to go!

Step 4. Fingerprints. Your application packet requires two INK finger print cards. Your friendly neighborhood law enforcement agency should be able to do this.

Step 5. Mail your completed packet with payment and wait for approval.

USA
jccJeep is offline  
post #3045 of 3915 Old 10-12-2013, 02:22 AM
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jccJeep View Post
In this post I share an alternate avenue for getting a concealed carry permission slip if the one is your state is expensive/timely.

Getting an AZ permit was simple for me since I'm .mil but shouldn't be too hard for you. My total cost was $60 for the permit plus postage which was around $5. It took 21 days from the time I mailed my application to until my permit arrived at my house.

Step 1. See if an AZ permit is honored in your state. AZ permits are valid in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming

Step 2. Go here: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concea...ermits/Obtain/ . You must request a permit application packet. Use this link https://www.azdps.gov/About/Contacts/Email/?c=CCW and tell them you'd like a permit application sent to your address. They'll send the application with instructions, two finger print cards, and a return envelope.

Step 3. Part of the eligibility requirements is to complete a firearms safety training program pursuant to ARS §13-3112.N. I used (5.)Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces. You can use (3.)Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course. Use this link to search for classes: http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx Select all "Learn to shoot courses" and search 50 miles from your zip code(longer if you’re willing to drive) If the cost of the class(some are free!) plus $60 is less than the cost for a permit in your state, you’re good to go!

Step 4. Fingerprints. Your application packet requires two INK finger print cards. Your friendly neighborhood law enforcement agency should be able to do this.

Step 5. Mail your completed packet with payment and wait for approval.
Arizona no longer requires a CCW, they got rid of that a few years ago.

1991 YJ: Daily Driver
1992 YJ: Pile of crap sitting in the garage.
SunDevilJeeper is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Guns C-Mil General Discussion 37 07-30-2012 02:51 PM
20/20 on Guns cookeab Politics, Religion & Controversy 18 04-11-2009 09:53 PM
guns gravity General Discussion 17 02-20-2009 05:35 PM
The New and Improved Official I sold all my guns thread mgramann General Discussion 9 11-05-2008 07:58 AM
BB guns Cap'n General Discussion 32 06-16-2004 08:11 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome