Showoff your Guns Thread! - Page 194 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Showoff your Guns Thread!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #2896
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SlotGrill View Post
You shot a Rock Island?
Yep! I liked it. Nothing against them. I'm just stubborn and would rather buy one made in 'Murica.

I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #2897
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've had the opportunity to shot a couple of these 1911's. stiguns.com They where really sweet guns. Better than a kimber IMO. I think they where the duty one 5.0.
stockerokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #2898
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
Yep! I liked it. Nothing against them. I'm just stubborn and would rather buy one made in 'Murica.
Quote:
Yay Philippine 1911s! I'm stuck between a Sig and a Springfield...
Well, if you really want to be a true red white and blue flag waving American and keep your money on this side of the pond your choices are both flawed.

Sig is a Swiss/German company. They may make their 1911s here but you have to wonder how much money goes "over there". Their non-standard slide is also a big con to me but my wife owns one and it is a great shooter that has been flawlessly reliable.

Springfield is an American company but most of their 1911s are either made in Brazil or assembled in the US with parts made in Brazil. Great guns and service though.

Dan Wessons are a favorite of mine, and they are 100% American made, but they are owned by CZ in the Czech republic. Though I am told they have lost money for the last several years so you could say no money is going overseas!

If you really want an all-American gun get a Colt, Smith & Wesson, STI (except the Spartan line which are made in the Phillipines), Kimber (not a fan) or Ruger.

I am not trying to lay a guilt trip on you. I have owned HK, Sig, Glock, Tikka, Sako, CZ, Springfield XD (made in Croatia), and others I am sure. I find myself buying American more and more these days (I just ordered a Les Baer 1911 myself) but I am not obsessed with it. I am just saying that if American made is your goal, make sure you know what you are buying.
Unread 07-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #2899
NIUPonyBoy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Blah blah blah 'made over seas' blah blah blah

If you're concerned about where it's made then stopping making American labor and manufacturing so stupidly and needlessly expensive.
-'07 Mineral Gray Ford Mustang GT Convertible
-'05 Silver Dodge Ram2500 PowerWagon Hemi 4x4
-'05 Silver Ford Freestar SEL Handicapped
NIUPonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #2900
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotes97 View Post
Well, if you really want to be a true red white and blue flag waving American and keep your money on this side of the pond your choices are both flawed.

Sig is a Swiss/German company. They may make their 1911s here but you have to wonder how much money goes "over there". Their non-standard slide is also a big con to me but my wife owns one and it is a great shooter that has been flawlessly reliable.

Springfield is an American company but most of their 1911s are either made in Brazil or assembled in the US with parts made in Brazil. Great guns and service though.

Dan Wessons are a favorite of mine, and they are 100% American made, but they are owned by CZ in the Czech republic. Though I am told they have lost money for the last several years so you could say no money is going overseas!

If you really want an all-American gun get a Colt, Smith & Wesson, STI (except the Spartan line which are made in the Phillipines), Kimber (not a fan) or Ruger.

I am not trying to lay a guilt trip on you. I have owned HK, Sig, Glock, Tikka, Sako, CZ, Springfield XD (made in Croatia), and others I am sure. I find myself buying American more and more these days (I just ordered a Les Baer 1911 myself) but I am not obsessed with it. I am just saying that if American made is your goal, make sure you know what you are buying.
Very true, and no worries. I have put alot of thought into them as well. Still on the fence honestly so anything could go. The Sig and the Springfield are the only ones I've shot so far, that's why I mentioned them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy View Post
Blah blah blah 'made over seas' blah blah blah

If you're concerned about where it's made then stopping making American labor and manufacturing so stupidly and needlessly expensive.
Just a personal choice. Like I said, nothing wrong with the Rock Islands. I have shot a few and I liked them all.

You like red JKs, I like rust colored CJs. Just a personal choice.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #2901
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Very true, and no worries. I have put alot of thought into them as well. Still on the fence honestly so anything could go. The Sig and the Springfield are the only ones I've shot so far, that's why I mentioned them.
Out of those two I would get the Springfield. While Sig makes a fine pistol, it has the odd slide and a series 80 fire control which I prefer not to have. Springfield is a true "series 70" 1911 and quite a decent one at that. My advise is not to buy a GI model with plans to upgrade it. Either get the plain military pistol and love it as it is or buy one that is featured how you want it. It is generally far cheaper and more effective than the upgrade process. And often the upgrades hurt the value of the pistol.

I am not sure what your budget is but Dan Wesson makes an amazingly nice 1911 for the money. Their base model RZ45 Heritage is a steal! At almost $1200 street price I am sure the value isn't obvious but the level of parts and love that go into that pistol far exceed what goes into any other $1200 pistol I have seen. My only wish is that they would take the machine time spent machining the rib into the slide top and and channel it into checkering the frontstrap of the frame. Far more useful feature IMHO.
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #2902
Holm-z

1998 TJ Wrangler 

A Little target practice makes my trigger finger happy

image-2254488976.jpg

image-3547700056.jpg

Monstaliner, CB Radio, Driving/Fog/Rock/Reverse lights

My build thread, work in progress...

I understand.

IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #2903
whitelightning
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holm-z
A Little target practice makes my trigger finger happy
That the piston driven ruger?
whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #2904
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure if I've posted mine here in this thread or not. But here they are just in case!

I'm pretty sure I already have posted, but **** it... here it is again.

Windham Weaponry MPC (10/30 mag)

Springfield Armory XD40

S&W M&P knife

Next purchases will be a Mossberg 590A1, Arsenal AK, Springfield Armory 1911 TRP, Springfield Armory M1A, and a wheel gun possibly.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #2905
7SlotGrill
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My newest addition....Taurus PT 92 Special Edition in black and gold
image-805362533.jpg

7SlotGrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #2906
7SlotGrill
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Did some work on my AR, set it up for dual purpose short to long range
image-970151829.jpg

Unread 08-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #2907
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did some work on my AR, set it up for dual purpose short to long range
How well does your front optic work at that distance? Is it hard to see your dot? I have a Barska scope on mine now but also have the UTG red/green sight and a 3x magnifier. Figure once I get the scope sighted in I would change out and sight in the sight and 3x. Just not sure how well it will keep zero if I swap back and forth.
I do know I wont be able to use the 3x in the config like you have it.

My idea of help from the man above is a sniper on the roof.
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #2908
stone
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Might've already posted some...

stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #2909
7SlotGrill
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87

How well does your front optic work at that distance? Is it hard to see your dot? I have a Barska scope on mine now but also have the UTG red/green sight and a 3x magnifier. Figure once I get the scope sighted in I would change out and sight in the sight and 3x. Just not sure how well it will keep zero if I swap back and forth.
I do know I wont be able to use the 3x in the config like you have it.
I haven't sighted it in yet but I've shouldered and practiced sighting different items at different ranges and it seems very comfortable and not hard to use at all
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #2910
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I haven't sighted it in yet but I've shouldered and practiced sighting different items at different ranges and it seems very comfortable and not hard to use at all
Cool. Thanks for the update. I may try that config on mine.

My idea of help from the man above is a sniper on the roof.
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.