Showoff your Guns Thread! - Page 107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Showoff your Guns Thread!

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #1591
alecmcmahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ View Post
how much does a good mosin nagant go for?
There are many variants, but you can pick up your typical 91/30 for about 70 bucks.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=90&name=Russian+1891%2f30+7.62x54R+Mosin+Nagant+Rifle s

It'll be covered in cosmo preservatives that you'll have to clean off, but for the price they are fun rifles.

ammo is pretty cheap too.

7.62x54r 440 rounds will run you about 80 bucks i think, You can find everything you need on that site.

Unread 05-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #1592
PurpleTJ
Consistently Inconsistent

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
There are many variants, but you can pick up your typical 91/30 for about 70 bucks.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=90&name=Russian+1891%2f30+7.62x54R+Mosin+Nagant+Rifle s

It'll be covered in cosmo preservatives that you'll have to clean off, but for the price they are fun rifles.

ammo is pretty cheap too.

7.62x54r 440 rounds will run you about 80 bucks i think, You can find everything you need on that site.
thats what i thought. i googled it real quick and found a few different prices all around 70-100 bucks, but i didnt think they were actually that cheap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #1593
signal34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ View Post
thats what i thought. i googled it real quick and found a few different prices all around 70-100 bucks, but i didnt think they were actually that cheap!
look for the ones with the angled reciever it is believed those are made better because they were not made during the rush of guns needed for the war
Unread 05-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #1594
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My firearms. Nothing terribly special, but they cover the bases for defense that I need them to.

Interarms Rossi m68. In my opinion, just as quality of a revolver as a S&W J-frame, just hundreds cheaper.

Newest gun, Taurus TCP 738. My favorite!

Remington 870. 18" barrel, Hogue pistol grip, Tactical light/laser ordered...

I made this wallet holster out of some leather scraps I had laying around. NOT PRETTY, but I wanted something that covered the mag release and had a textured back, and no one makes one with those features.

2004 Rubicon - 4.0 - 5 speed manual - Rough Country 4" Stage II lift, RC front adjustable track bar, 2.2 shocks, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on Crager soft 8's, 4 Hella Black Magics, Edge Trail Jammer with Intake, JL TR 2-ways in the pods, Kenwood Excelon deck in the dash, Rough Country Stinger & Winch Plate, Trail Gear rear bumper w/ tire carrier, HiLift, Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering
ROLLTIDEtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #1595
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here's one of mine, a Rock River Arms Ar-15 5.56
It's a hog killing machine
img_0328.jpg  
Originally Posted by 5-90
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piet
FYI: For concerned parents out there. The wrangler has fairly good frontal, offset, and rollover crashworthiness ratings. IE: You walk away from a crash, and write posts on how you plan to re-build your rig.

just4effect.com sub box review
jwaller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #1596
J_Thack
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My latest addition, it was a gift from my brother.

Unread 05-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #1597
jccJeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Thack View Post
My latest addition, it was a gift from my brother.

I love mine, but I dont have a laser

Unread 05-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #1598
J_Thack
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I hope to next week. I haven't found a holster yet that accommodates the laser either so I'm undecided if I want to leave the laser on it or put it on my P22.
Unread 05-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #1599
Dcomf

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
My bolt is pretty smooth, sometimes it'll randomly stick after a while of shooting. I'll have to use to hands to get the bolt to open, but that might be like 5 out of ever 100 shots. Maybe it has something to do with the heat the gun produces after shooting a while.

and im using just your run of the mill russian surplus ammo, it's corrosive but im pretty good about keeping it clean.

-alec
The chamber just needs cleaned really well. Take a 20 gauge cleaning brush and chuck it in a drill, add cleaner of your choice and go at it. MN's have this problem.
Dcomf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #1600
Dcomf

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
look for the ones with the angled reciever it is believed those are made better because they were not made during the rush of guns needed for the war

Hex receivers aren't necessarily any better than pre-war round receivers. Pre-war finish is usually better but that doesn't affect functioning.
Dcomf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #1601
signal34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
Hex receivers aren't necessarily any better than pre-war round receivers. Pre-war finish is usually better but that doesn't affect functioning.
Yeah somebody told me that at some point but i think i proved that wrong because mine is a pre war hex receiver and it sticks like crazy even on the first shot. I'm no pro with MNs but i did a fair amount of research before i picked mine up a while back. I've cleaned and done the 20ga wire brush in the drill trick but still no luck. I'm beginning to think its my bolt or extractor if i load a spent casing into the gun the bolt seems to stick because it can't grab on to the rim. I've also tried breaking the bolt down and soaking it in gun solvent for a day. Its a shame everyone i shoot with agree that it would be a fun to shoot rifle if only the bolt didn't stick 99.9% of the time. Its a plus that the ammo is cheap and its also packs a huge punch.
Unread 05-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #1602
rosco1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccJeep View Post
I love mine, but I dont have a laser

thats a big .380
Unread 05-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #1603
jccJeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco1 View Post
thats a big .380
meh. not really I'm a whopping 135 lbs
Unread 05-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #1604
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thething View Post
That guy looks like a retard eating a huge piece of licorice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #1605
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Thinking about selling this so I thought I'd give my fellow JF'ers first shot.

Anyone interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
Just took this Ruger Redhawk for a partial trade for my Sportster.

.44 Mag Hunter Model 7.5" barrel - 13" overall length.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.