Should this pi$$ me off??? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Should this pi$$ me off???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #31
MattTheMudder
Ask Mr. Owl

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Some people don't have much of a choice. My mother was a teacher up north and she joined the union. The rest of the union members didn't make life easy for those who weren't members

Unread 02-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #32
LEO_WRANGLER

Hey listen...

Presuming you are a legal American Citizen with full voting privleges, (that is, not a convicted felon, etc), there is NO ONE, or NO ENTITY who has ANY legal authority to tell you if you can or can't vote, or how to vote.

Sadly, all too often in this country, we see people / organizations ASSUMING non-existant authority, expecting that uninformed people will follow along like blind sheep. But that's another story for another topic.

Whether you want to take a stand and challenge the union bosses for saying this, is a decision only you can make, based on your values, and how you value what it might cost you in retributions.

BUT regardless of whether you challenge it or not... you should GO into that voting booth and VOTE your OWN consicence. It is your Constitutional right. And last time I checked, no mere labor union is above the Constitution.
LEO_WRANGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #33
AMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
unions are just as important today as they were 100 years ago.

businesses are just as ruthless as they were then, and in some cases are even worse.

do you really think that businesses today want to pay you a living wage? want to cover part of your healthcare? want to pay you if you get hurt on the job?

everything everyone takes for granted in the workforce these days was fought for by unions, and is still being fought for.
That's funny. My employer pays me a living wage, covers ALL of my healthcare costs, and will pay if I get hurt on the job. I'm not union and never will be.
Unread 02-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #34
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The place that I work at has an open shop union. I wasn't union when I was staff, and now that I'm management, I'm glad I was never sucked in. At least at our place, the only thing the union is good for is for mucking up things. They protect people that shouldn't have been allowed to stay, and barely skate by. I have to have an iron clad reason for discipline. They add a level of complexity that's so unnecessary.

I think unions work well for some industry (my husband is in a union), but it shouldn't be in healthcare. I would never walk out on a patient, I don't care who told me to do it.
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #35
Nuthin
Curses! Foiled again!!

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Unions can only spend money that is specifically earmarked for political activities. So, they can't spend your Benefits or grievance budget on solicitations for candidates, they have to spend separate Political Action Committee (PAC) money for that.
--You're doing it wrong. - Cause --I don't care. At least I'm doing it. - AKABOB
"The minute you hear ‘freedom’ and ‘democracy’, watch out…because in a truly free nation, no one has to tell you you’re free.” Jacque Fresco

Tread Lightly - Stay the Trail
Wardrobe by Levi, makeup by Chance, hairstyle by Wrangler
Nuthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #36
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i know some union masons who worked for awhile then dropped the union and started up their own businesses, they said they didnt like dealing with their crap all the time, and besides that even if the union thinks they would be better off with hillary they shouldnt tell you as an individual how to vote, vote for who you want and wear your favorite canidate to work on a shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
sitdwnandhngon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.