JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   should I keep the full steel doors or the half doors or both???? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/should-i-keep-full-steel-doors-half-doors-both-560605/)

asjeep 05-19-2008 11:26 PM

should I keep the full steel doors or the half doors or both????

Howdy all,

I just bought a 02 TJ it has the half doors (tops as well) and they are factory color (amber fire or whatever it is called)

Anyways The PO also bought a set of blue full steel doors and hand painted them to match (i think he needs his eyes checked if he thought they matched)

so should I keep the full steel doors and have them repainted and sell the half doors

or

keep the half doors and sell the full steel doors

or keep both sets

Also if i decide to sell any of them what would be a fair price to ask?

TIA

WILLY348 05-19-2008 11:28 PM

Well i am a full steel door owner.. and im killing to find the half doors i want.. hard to find black half doors with dark slate interior panels :(. I look at it as full steel doors for winter, half doors for summer. If the weather is that way of course..

(In washington our winters are cold as can be and the summers get pretty darn hot, so we get the best of both worlds)

ayeohellucks 05-19-2008 11:48 PM

keep the full steel doors.. they are expensive, plus its nice having the extra security.

Dmcastino 05-19-2008 11:53 PM

This is a completely personal thing, some people really prefer one over the other. My suggestion is to run each set for a few days and see what you do and dont like about them. For what it's worth, I have full doors and wouldn't ever trade them for half's. I like have real windows, I hated looking through the vinyl ones all the time in the one I test drove that was half doors and I'm always rolling down my windows so they would just get bothersome. As for the summer, the doors are almost never on my jeep if it once the average daily high is above about 65 so they are in the garage anyway. Just try em out and see which ones YOU like.

_Yeti_ 05-20-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmcastino (Post 5238269)
This is a completely personal thing, some people really prefer one over the other. My suggestion is to run each set for a few days and see what you do and dont like about them... Just try em out and see which ones YOU like.

:thumbsup: Completely agree.

I'd love a set of half doors, but would never trade them for my fulls. It seems like the old "grass is greener" situation. People who have fulls want halfs, people with halfs want fulls. You just have the best of both!

deltabravo 05-20-2008 12:03 AM

being a Washington Jeeper, I like my full doors for winter snow runs, and my aftermarket half doors for summer runs. That probaby holds true for Colorado as well...

It's nice to be able to poke by head out, and lean way over (the half doors are shorter than the window sill of a full door) to check my line going around or over an obstacle with the front left tire.)

Full doors will be much more comfortable in the winter in CO. (less noise, holds in the heat better)

I say, if you have room to store the set not being used, KEEP THEM BOTH!!

Humboldt 05-20-2008 12:04 AM

You live in DENVER. Wait until December to make that call. The doors will be worth more then if you decide to get rid of them. (Which I dont think you will)

AZTJ02 05-20-2008 12:06 AM

Ive got both, I use the full doors/hardtop/ac for 3 months in the summer.. The rest of the year, half doors/bikini top.

djt283 05-20-2008 12:45 AM

I had the full doors and sold them, but that's just me. It was mostly due to moving into a building and knowing I'd never go doorless with the multiple elevator trips to bring them inside. I agree to try them both. One option is the sliders on top of your half doors. You could use the money from the fulls for them as they full doors (In perfect condition) should sell for 1200+ (although having them painted a random color might hurt that).

I vote for selling the full doors and using the money to buy soft full doors and upper sliders for your half doors. Then you will be set. Anyway, that's what I did.

MuckerPie 05-20-2008 01:01 AM

i would trade ur black full doors for my half doors!

MuckerPie 05-20-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLY348 (Post 5238170)
Well i am a full steel door owner.. and im killing to find the half doors i want.. hard to find black half doors with dark slate interior panels :(. I look at it as full steel doors for winter, half doors for summer. If the weather is that way of course..

(In washington our winters are cold as can be and the summers get pretty darn hot, so we get the best of both worlds)

is it a tj u have. i have black half doors. and will trade for ur full black doors

Nevam 05-20-2008 02:56 AM

I thought the OP has amber colored full doors and not black??

Anyway, I think the half doors look more like the classic Jeep. With that being said, I prefer the full doors or none at all.

It's really personal preference. I'd do as said above and try them both for a little while. You may prefer one over the other or you may just want to keep both sets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by asjeep (Post 5238159)
so should I keep the full steel doors and have them repainted and sell the half doors
or
keep the half doors and sell the full steel doors
or keep both sets

Only YOU can decide that. ;)

GoldenP51 05-20-2008 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTJ02 (Post 5238319)
Ive got both, I use the full doors/hardtop/ac for 3 months in the summer.. The rest of the year, half doors/bikini top.

That's nice...normally it is the opposite :P Can't wait to move down to AZ this summer.

As for the doors...if you can afford to have both of em why not? :)

TJCeeJay 05-20-2008 03:08 AM

Paint the full doors to match properly and KEEP them. Anything can happen, you might be off roading and bash a door on a tree or rock. One set might rust out. Someone might steal the doors off your jeep. Anything can happen that might have you wishin' that you'd kept those doors. Man! If I had A set of both full AND half doors I be as happy as a pig in :ignore:. Plus, being able to roll your windows up is a nice feature once in a while.

abnormal 05-20-2008 05:42 AM

Keep them both! I have full doors and soft half doors. Winter is so much better with the full doors and I run the half doors in the summer and on trails.

Or if you want I could trade you my soft doors for your half doors!

The time now is 02:36 AM.