Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

sept. 4wd and suv issue

789 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeepguy3401 
#1 ·
If you guys are anything like me, you probably read every issue of any offroad magazine published. I'd like to say right now that the September issue of "4 wheel drive and sport utility magazine" was probably the best magazine I have read in a very long time. I would reccomend everybody who visits this page buy it and read it, or at least look at the pictures like me (and read it at some point). I am probably going to wind up subscribing to this mag. It was the most jeep-body-styled-truck oriented issue offroad magazine I've ever read. The cover truck is especially awesome. A toyota F-J 40 or something similar, (haven't read yet, just picked it up) with dual 44's front and rear. By the way, I'm not dead, if anybodys noticed the abscence of my posts lately. It's summer, I'M ENJOYING MY JEEP! As much as I like to post here, my Jeeping is a bigger priority. LONG LIVE JEEP!!! talk to you guys later....:) :D :p :eek::cool: :D :eek:

#3 ·
JP magazine is good as well
I think somewhere along the line JP, 4wd and SUV and Peterson's 4wd are owned by the same folks...they always have VERY similar articles in them

I prefer JP mostly because the tech is completely Jeep oriented, but I like articles and pics of Jimmys and Toys too

#4 ·
More magazines

If you want to read a great 4x magazine that isn't owned by a "huge corporation" .. check out Canadian 4x4 .. a Canadian based magazine with some great articles!

#5 ·
never seen that one...
thanks Naekid

there seems to be a real lack of wheeling magazines around my area
about 500000000 ricer magazines, or street trucks, but no wheeling ones
It's difficult to find even the big ones like JP or Peterson's

#6 ·
Drunc said:
never seen that one...
thanks Naekid
Not a problem .. I figured every Canadian would have seen the magazine! I picked mine up at Safeway's magazine rack (when my subscription ran out) .. and just renewed a 2 year subscription to it last month.

Al (the Editor) and his wife Pam used to live on Vancouver Island, but just moved to Kelowna to be closer to the middle of the western wheelin' zones. They have done several trips across the country (and into the 'states) and have written several great articles about all the places they have been.

They also allow regular people to send in articles for them to print up :D

#7 ·
Come on Mr. Bill, I know you are the ultimate athority at this forum, (or at least spends the most time here) but I still liked 4 wheel drive and suv's sept. Issue. Of course that was the only one I ever read. :rolleyes: So, you can see why my opinion may not count for that much. BUT I LIKED THE PICTURES!! :D :eek: BIG JEEP, BIG! :p I never did get a chance to read it cause I took it to work and my supervisor confiscated it! :rolleyes: :mad: However from what I gathered Mr. Bill is completely right about the article on the Rubicon. My local newspaper published more info about it, way before this issue. By the way don't yell "Stop the presses!", I work in a printing plant, I might shut a press down and get in trouble.:p Whatever....Hey guys, I'm putting a high performance slave cyilnder/clutch actuator whatever you wanna call it in my Jeep. It isn't as "high performance" as it is "new and improved", it is made out of aluminum instead of plastic (plus theres a pretty looking green shock boot thing on it :D ). Any advice?:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.