Separation between Church and State - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Separation between Church and State

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 12-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #16
BLS33
Chief of the brain police

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Tex
Which Christians are threatening us with our lives if we don't become Christians?

Which Christians are trying to establish religous law like Sharia law?

Which Christians are killing innocent people in the name of their religion?

Which Christians are invading 3rd world nations in Africa and are killing hundreds of thousands of people of other faiths?

Which Christians knocked down skyscrapers in the name of their religion?

Your idea of "pushing beliefs" on people is pretty distorted. Christians have the same free speech you have. You have the same right to not listen as the next guy.

Speaking of distorted.

We were talking about governmental policy not terrorism and violent acts to force others to believe what they do. Do you really believe there are no Christians killing in the name of their religion? Abortion clinic bombings come to mind, and in a historical context the crusades come to mind.

I was explaining why there seems to be more intolerance towards Christianity (which is BS in my opinion). You guys love to run with non-truth. I am talking about negative religious influence on POLICY, not a candidates morality.

Quote:
Curious what kind of examples you could provide.
That is pretty simple, I'll take a few major ones. Homosexuality being immoral for one. Here are some that go against my personal beliefs from the 10 commandments:

Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain

You shall have no other gods before Me

Honor your father and your mother (this should be case by case)

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

That is 6 out of 10 right there.

BLS33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #17
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

I don't think there is a "bad" christian belief out there is there? I believe in pro life, keeping god in the pledge of allegence, do unto others, and christian should be able to pray in public. I disagree with common law marriage and civil unions, but hey thats why we are a democracy and get to vote on these issues. I would much rather live in a conserative area with low crime rate and little to no gun restrictions, then in a drug infested hippie town where guns are banned, and free sex is a way of life. Hmmm I guess I wouldn't fit in in California.....
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 08:57 PM   #18
BLS33

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape
In a nation where everything is based on majority rule why is it so hard for people to understand why the beliefs of Christians are the ones that are most followed in policy. Christians make up over 75% of the population. Yep they are the majority so until another religious group gets the majority then the Christian way is going to be the basis for the nations politics and way of doing things.

I am not saying you have to like it or even accept it but sadly that is the way it is.

I understand that and that is one of the reasons I speak so strongly on the subject. It is simple to just accept it and move on, it is much more difficult to try and make change by expressing your opinion, however unpopular it may be.
Unread 12-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #19
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's

You think it's ok to have sex with the neighbor's wife or am I totally mis-reading what you said?
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #20
BLS33

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPo
I don't think there is a "bad" christian belief out there is there? I believe in pro life, keeping god in the pledge of allegence, do unto others, and christian should be able to pray in public. I disagree with common law marriage and civil unions, but hey thats why we are a democracy and get to vote on these issues. I would much rather live in a conserative area with low crime rate and little to no gun restrictions, then in a drug infested hippie town where guns are banned, and free sex is a way of life. Hmmm I guess I wouldn't fit in in California.....

I think premarital sexual relations are healthy as long the proper precautions are taken. I don't believe consensual sex between adults should be considered a sinful act. I also think taking drugs is a persons choice as long as they don't endanger anyone but themselves I have no problem with it for the most part. Similarly I have no problem with people getting drunk as long as they don't endanger others, ie driving.
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #21
BLS33

1985 CJ7 

[QUOTE=MarkoPo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's QUOTE

You think it's ok to have sex with the neighbor's wife or am I totally mis-reading what you said?

I believe you are confused on the meaning of the word "covet".
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #22
isezumi00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Tex
Which Christians are threatening us with our lives if we don't become Christians?

Which Christians are trying to establish religous law like Sharia law?

Which Christians are killing innocent people in the name of their religion?

Which Christians are invading 3rd world nations in Africa and are killing hundreds of thousands of people of other faiths?

Which Christians knocked down skyscrapers in the name of their religion?

Your idea of "pushing beliefs" on people is pretty distorted. Christians have the same free speech you have. You have the same right to not listen as the next guy.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fewKW8G1xyE[/YT]

Just in case you dont know; those are people, Christians, making tribute to the murderer of another person, a highly functioning and valuable member of society, a Doctor.

Behold the majesty of your Kingdom!
isezumi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #23
gamble71

Quote:
Speaking of distorted.

We were talking about governmental policy not terrorism and violent acts to force others to believe what they do. Do you really believe there are no Christians killing in the name of their religion? Abortion clinic bombings come to mind, and in a historical context the crusades come to mind.

I was explaining why there seems to be more intolerance towards Christianity (which is BS in my opinion). You guys love to run with non-truth. I am talking about negative religious influence on POLICY, not a candidates morality.

That is pretty simple, I'll take a few major ones. Homosexuality being immoral for one. Here are some that go against my personal beliefs from the 10 commandments:

Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain

You shall have no other gods before Me

Honor your father and your mother (this should be case by case)

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

That is 6 out of 10 right there.
I see you have a high moral standard As far as the crusades and abortion clinic bombings, Jesus said that not everyone who called him "Lord" would be a true follower. Anyone who kills in the name of Christ does not truly know him.
gamble71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #24
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

OK I'll give you that, technically it means to wish for or desire. Which I guess could be left to interpretation, but there is no law against infidelity, only bigamy. Still why would you want to lust for the neighbor's wife? Jealously is never a good thing.
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #25
BLS33

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamble71
I see you have a high moral standard As far as the crusades and abortion clinic bombings, Jesus said that not everyone who called him "Lord" would be a true follower. Anyone who kills in the name of Christ does not truly know him.

You are going to have to clarify how someone would "know" Jesus any better than anyone else when they don't actually know him at all. What do you mean by "know"?

Tell me what is wrong with my moral standards (which you know basically nothing about). That is a bold thing to be sardonic about with nothing to back it up.
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #26
default_user
It's a Roobicon

BLS33 and I have found ourselves in a few debates on a few subjects. We have agreed to disagree and this is where this will have to end...eventually. Until then...pass the popcorn
default_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #27
BLS33

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPo
OK I'll give you that, technically it means to wish for or desire. Which I guess could be left to interpretation, but there is no law against infidelity, only bigamy. Still why would you want to lust for the neighbor's wife? Jealously is never a good thing.

I think it is only natural to covet things and people even. Coveting things has provided a lot of motivation for me and I would guess most everyone. I look at successful people with nice things and am jealous and it makes me work harder to achieve prosperity. It goes both ways though because some people are lazy and don't work hard and rather than work for success they just take it from someone else. If you loved a woman but she married someone else would you not covet her at all?
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #28
PJL
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Outstanding posts, BLS
PJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #29
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

U.S. Constitution, 1st Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;...

Freedom OF religion, not FROM religion. The intent was one of tolerance, not removal of all religiosity from the public square.
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #30
gamble71

Quote:
You are going to have to clarify how someone would "know" Jesus any better than anyone else when they don't actually know him at all. What do you mean by "know"?

Tell me what is wrong with my moral standards (which you know basically nothing about). That is a bold thing to be sardonic about with nothing to back it up.
to know Jesus is to read his teachings, realize he was the Son of God, and live your life according to his standards. By your own admission you're disrespectful, covetous, foul mouthed and worship carven images. Otherwise why would you have a problem with those parts of the commandments? It's been proven that if people were just to drop the premartial sex for 3 generations we would be free of STDs. However, people who believe they know better have been ruining it for the everyone else since the beginning of time. Feel sorry for ya, used to think just like you, life is much better now.
gamble71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.