Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sent Money, No Parts. Help JacKedUP4x4

98K views 1K replies 85 participants last post by  1stblack97ZJ 
#1 ·
I was contacted today by JacKedUP4x4. This is what his message said:

I didn't want it to come to this but I've waited over a month for parts and still nothing. Ive told him I want the parts or money back and still isn't doing anything. His username here is Moparboy01 email is Bigdodgeram00@yahoo.com real name is Matthew Evans and he lives in Genoa(I believe it is) Illinois. He told me once a week 2 different weeks that he was shipping it out that week sometime and then it was the first week of Feb he was suppose to ship it and the he said he was sending it out last weekend. Still nothing.
It is terrible to see our fellow members scammed or hurt in any way when attempting to conduct some friendly business here on the forum. Hopefully by drumming up a little notice (like we always do) and contacting Moparboy01 in various forms of escalation, we can either get parts shipped, or at least JacKedUP4x4's money back. He told me he paid with PayPal, but he used the personal gift option to keep from getting charged.

Here is a link to the sales thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f149/trail-zj-part-out-1299070/

#3 ·
:rolleyes: Didn't know there was a thread already. I'm headed over there.

Thanks

#5 ·
:rofl: Gotta watch out for people with similar names :laugh:

#7 ·
So then that is at least 3 people? Just curious, when did you pay, and when did he say he would ship?

#19 ·
Looks like he didn't give the parts to the other guy today so im going to text him and see whats up and I'm probably calling the cops today I'm so ****ing fed up with waiting on him he had someone offer to come get the parts and ship them out for him and that still hadn't happened today like it was suppose to.

#21 ·
91YJ4X4 said:
I've been telling you to call the cops since day one. Get organized, get all the info you can printed out, get usernames/rel names of those also scammed and call your local PD, then his. Encourage them to also call. not sure what the law says but I'm sure his penalty will be greater since it has crossed state lines.
He thought I still wanted my money back so he was gonna send that to me when the tax return came in suppose to have my money by Friday

#23 ·
Just call the cops in his town, make sure you get the officer's name you speak with. Its a remote chance, but they might not be too keen to do anything against a firefighter. You have more than enough for them to file a report, if they refuse just work your way up the ladder, documenting who you spoke with along the way.

Don't try to communicate any more with him, if he or anyone acting on his behalf contacts you, document name, time and what was said.

#24 ·
JacKedUP4x4 said:
He thought I still wanted my money back so he was gonna send that to me when the tax return came in suppose to have my money by Friday
Jesus man, I don't understand how you can't take a hint, I have been following this since you first posted, I really think your being foolish. You have given this guy waaaay to many chances, so I will lay it out for you. THIS GUY HAS NO INTENTION TO SEND YOU THE PART OR THE CASH! End of story, if you don't want the money then do what your doing, I hate to see this happen to you, take my advice and call the police NOW!

#26 ·
This is ridiculous, give an inch and they take a mile.

He can be reached at the number below.

815-784-3412

Then call this number and tell them you have information about an ongoing breach of United States Code Title 18 ›
Part 1› Chapter 63 › § 1343 and wish to file a complaint.

815-784-6633

Oh, and for his inevitable response. The above info is public and can be accessed by anyone at any time. He provided his profession and his place of residence voluntarily and no position was abused to obtain it. As with the other cases of this happening, provide me with the contact number for the law enforcement official you will claim to contact and I will gladly speak with them.

If they wish, JacKedUP4x4 or one of the other people involved can ask that this be taken down whenever they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.