Sent Money, No Parts. Help JacKedUP4x4 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Sent Money, No Parts. Help JacKedUP4x4

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Closed Thread
Unread 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #46
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

We can assume he has no money in his account.

Because he has no money in his account (we can assume this, or he would have paid you) the check is going to have to wait until it clears which may happen fast because it is an IRS check.

I predict, unless he has some magical banking system in Genoa (I am pretty sure Genoa, Illinois banks don't have the latest and greatest technology) you will not see your money until mid next week, at best.

Since he hasn't given a **** about you or your needs, why keep giving him chances?

It MIGHT be different if he had been a decent guy who ran into some trouble, but he was a complete dick to you guys.

Unread 02-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #47
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88
We can assume he has no money in his account.

Because he has no money in his account (we can assume this, or he would have paid you) the check is going to have to wait until it clears which may happen fast because it is an IRS check.

I predict, unless he has some magical banking system in Genoa (I am pretty sure Genoa, Illinois banks don't have the latest and greatest technology) you will not see your money until mid next week, at best.
Yeah then ad on the time it takes for him to get the money transferred from his bank account to paypal and that's like another 3-5 days
Unread 02-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #48
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

AKA he's stalling for time.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #49
JK_Driver

2010 JK Wrangler 

He probably doesn't have a checking account, that's why he didn't do the direct deposit! He would have gotten it quicker that way. If that us the case, then he has to go to a check cashing place! Oh no, let's hope not!
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #50
A1A-LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Someone pose as an FBI agent and call him. Explain that across state line failed transactions are out of jurisdiction for local PD and so the FBI is doing an inquiry. Tell him multiple complaints have been filed in the past 24 hours about him and if the issue is not resolved in another 48 hours that he will be charged with felony fraud and extortion which will cost him his job on the fire department. It's against policy to employ a felon for a government position.
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #51
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1A-LJ View Post
Someone pose as an FBI agent and call him. Explain that across state line failed transactions are out of jurisdiction for local PD and so the FBI is doing an inquiry. Tell him multiple complaints have been filed in the past 24 hours about him and if the issue is not resolved in another 48 hours that he will be charged with felony fraud and extortion which will cost him his job on the fire department. It's against policy to employ a felon for a government position.
It is also a felony to impersonate a federal agent, so not a good idea.
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #52
AuroraProject
2004 WJ 

Road trip? I hear Genoa, Illinois is nice this time of year.
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #53
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

I have bin following this from the begining when he first posted his classified as i wanted to purchase some thing off him (I'm glad I did not). I have Noticed he has several ads on several forums has anyone connected any other of his customers to see if they have bin "HAD"?
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #54
A1A-LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88

That's why I said someone else. Not part of the transaction. Almost impossible to trace. Plus the impersonation isn't being done for malicious reasons. And who would report it? The guy committing the fraud? Doubtful. Just trying to get this guy his money back. If we did it the way I wanted to the guy would have his jeep stripped down to the frame and all parts randomly given away to JF members and his job as a fire fighter would end TODAY.
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #55
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The places that he wheels with his club are heavily, heavily, heavily filled with JF members.
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #56
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1A-LJ View Post
That's why I said someone else. Not part of the transaction. Almost impossible to trace. Plus the impersonation isn't being done for malicious reasons. And who would report it? The guy committing the fraud? Doubtful. Just trying to get this guy his money back. If we did it the way I wanted to the guy would have his jeep stripped down to the frame and all parts randomly given away to JF members and his job as a fire fighter would end TODAY.
I realize you are trying to help, that's great, but suggesting that idea is one I just don't agree with.
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #57
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Driver
He probably doesn't have a checking account, that's why he didn't do the direct deposit! He would have gotten it quicker that way. If that us the case, then he has to go to a check cashing place! Oh no, let's hope not!
You have to have a bank account of some sort in order to have a paypal account right?
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #58
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacKedUP4x4 View Post
You have to have a bank account of some sort in order to have a paypal account right?
I think a credit card will work too. They might want your bank account to verify it or whatever they do.

I wonder if he has his own bank account or if his wife is on it too?

If they were married during 2011, which if their divorce is not over, they were... the refund check is "theirs" not his.

I hope she knows he is sending it out, or she might go buy diapers with it.
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #59
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
My parents are both special agents. Time to get them in on this

JK, that would cause them to lose their job

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #60
A1A-LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If your parents are agents check the legalities of my idea or ask them for their opinion. Couldn't hurt.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.