Seeya Comcast! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Seeya Comcast!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #16
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdywglr4x4 View Post
Comcast sucks as bad as every single other provider. Notice how everyone hates their cell service? I rarely hear anything positive from anyone on AT&T except how their service sucks and the 3G coverage seems to be only covering 1% of the US.
I LOVE my AT&T service. Never really had an issue with it at all.....I love my iPhone and the customer service is the best I've ever experienced. I also like my cable provider too

I know what you mean. People tend to focus on the negative and won't report the positive. But U-Verse is top notch here for us.

Unread 01-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #17
steed76

Comcast

Ok first off.. this will be a long post.. hoosier734 I'm encouraged to hear that you are able to get u-verse now!!! I'm praying it will be available to me very soon! Starting off about a year and a half ago I started experiencing intermittent drop in my internet service(modem would blink and say offline) I would go through all the resets blah blah... sometimes it would stay off for a few hours eventually leading to the point where i would have no internet at all. Visit 1. Comcast tech comes to the house throwing his own company under the bus, tells be that where the line comes into the house has ALOT of static charge buildup in the line interfering with the internet signal.. he wires up some god awful contraption of a cluster fu*k of lines and says that every 6 months i have to ground this cable to dissipate this static. Uhh hello i havent' had any problems in 3 years now all of a sudden i do. next day same trouble.. slightly aggrivated I call the help line.. which is in freakin canada! visit 2: After 3 days had passed due to their "unusually busy schedule" Second tech comes out.. and says ohh the previous guy wired it wrong.. it goes this way.. problem fixed right... wrong!!! Call customer service.. visit 3: After 22 days and over 18 hours of total time spent on the phone.. the girl says we are sending a tech supervisor to your house.. he will be there for the duration of the afternoon to diag your problem. Tech shows up.. says there is an unusual amount of static charge coming out of your house on the return line.. and traced it to the home theatre system in the living room.. and says"sir your tv has been struck by lightning and needs replaced" when the tv was working fine all along) it's sending static electricity back into the line and has also burned up your modem. I say chit! I called and made a claim with my homeowners insurance.. purchased a brand new modem and a 55" lcd samsung tv to hang on the wall.. get it all home and hooked up.. guess what.. SAME DAMN PROBLEM. OK there goes 3400.00 dollars down the pisser! Spitting nails pissed I go to the local office to chew some serious a** and the girl assures me that there will be a CREW of men out there the same day to look at the house. They replaced everything from the drop to the house(underground) all the fittings throughout the downstairs, and proceeded upstairs to the office where the computer and my new modem was.. to replace the fittings there. Comes back downstairs 5 minutes later and says we found your problem, the fitting in the wall that your modem plugs into was all corroded!! What the hell! a 3 cent fitting. Needless to say I've been counting the days that I could call and tell comcast to stick it where the sun don't shine! Customer service sucks, bill prices are always changing, inconsiderate, all they want is your money and after that you can get screwed. I've been a customer of comcast for a long time, looks like the end is drawing near. RANT over thanks for the vent! Hoosier where in central Indiana do you live??
steed76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
eagleCJ7
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steed76 View Post
Ok first off.. this will be a long post.. hoosier734 I'm encouraged to hear that you are able to get u-verse now!!! I'm praying it will be available to me very soon! Starting off about a year and a half ago I started experiencing intermittent drop in my internet service(modem would blink and say offline) I would go through all the resets blah blah... sometimes it would stay off for a few hours eventually leading to the point where i would have no internet at all. Visit 1. Comcast tech comes to the house throwing his own company under the bus, tells be that where the line comes into the house has ALOT of static charge buildup in the line interfering with the internet signal.. he wires up some god awful contraption of a cluster fu*k of lines and says that every 6 months i have to ground this cable to dissipate this static. Uhh hello i havent' had any problems in 3 years now all of a sudden i do. next day same trouble.. slightly aggrivated I call the help line.. which is in freakin canada! visit 2: After 3 days had passed due to their "unusually busy schedule" Second tech comes out.. and says ohh the previous guy wired it wrong.. it goes this way.. problem fixed right... wrong!!! Call customer service.. visit 3: After 22 days and over 18 hours of total time spent on the phone.. the girl says we are sending a tech supervisor to your house.. he will be there for the duration of the afternoon to diag your problem. Tech shows up.. says there is an unusual amount of static charge coming out of your house on the return line.. and traced it to the home theatre system in the living room.. and says"sir your tv has been struck by lightning and needs replaced" when the tv was working fine all along) it's sending static electricity back into the line and has also burned up your modem. I say chit! I called and made a claim with my homeowners insurance.. purchased a brand new modem and a 55" lcd samsung tv to hang on the wall.. get it all home and hooked up.. guess what.. SAME DAMN PROBLEM. OK there goes 3400.00 dollars down the pisser! Spitting nails pissed I go to the local office to chew some serious a** and the girl assures me that there will be a CREW of men out there the same day to look at the house. They replaced everything from the drop to the house(underground) all the fittings throughout the downstairs, and proceeded upstairs to the office where the computer and my new modem was.. to replace the fittings there. Comes back downstairs 5 minutes later and says we found your problem, the fitting in the wall that your modem plugs into was all corroded!! What the hell! a 3 cent fitting. Needless to say I've been counting the days that I could call and tell comcast to stick it where the sun don't shine! Customer service sucks, bill prices are always changing, inconsiderate, all they want is your money and after that you can get screwed. I've been a customer of comcast for a long time, looks like the end is drawing near. RANT over thanks for the vent! Hoosier where in central Indiana do you live??
I had similar trouble with my internet constantly dropping out but I didn't even bother calling customer service. I've been down that road. I just cancelled and went with Verizon/DirecTV. Interestingly, my DSL speed is just as fast as Comcast.
eagleCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #19
blake989
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerHman View Post
is u-verse dish or cable? i kinda looked into it last year but went with directv. i love my service but my community doesnt love where my dish is. they keep threatening me but i cannot put a dish on my deck which is where they say it has to go....
it's fiber optics....that's why it's not available just anywhere, yet. When they install, they'll pull out your coax and replace with fiber optic. At least that's what they did at my house.

After the set-up nightmares, I freakin' love. I too was tired of comcast's channels disappearing.
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #20
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake989 View Post
it's fiber optics....that's why it's not available just anywhere, yet. When they install, they'll pull out your coax and replace with fiber optic. At least that's what they did at my house.

After the set-up nightmares, I freakin' love. I too was tired of comcast's channels disappearing.
My buddy who has it said the install guy was at his house all day, 8 hours with a 30 minute break for lunch. Said the guy worked his tail off to get everything run that day. Install is free though so don't have to pay an 8 hour install bill which is nice.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #21
hoosier724
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been told at least 4-6 hour installs here's their web site and you can check your area to see if it's available AT&T U-verse - Advanced TV, High Speed Internet & Phone

Honk if you love Jesus...text while driving if you want to meet him!
hoosier724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #22
Ronron2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
Comcast employee?

Comcast sucks
I might be a comcast employee, but im no brass. Im just a tech. Trust me man, I get sent to houses at 10:00 at night because someone complains. I'm on a telephone pole in the middle of a blizzard, rain storm, wind storm... you name it, im on a pole. I routinely get hammered with work, rarely getting a lunch pulling 10-14 hour days because comcast tries to squeeze everyone in the same day. Tell me what other company does that? I cannot tell you enough how much i disslike my job because of what the company does for the customer.

Every rate will go up when you're contract expires. It's not hidden or a secret. All you gotta do is just sign up for a new bundle and problem solved.

now from a techs point of view, verizon techs are scum. They are so hard for business that continue to sabatoge us, and a customers house so that when the customer switches back to comcast/cable it is a PIA to do the install due to cut/damaged lines. This is especially tough in an apartment building. Verizon appears to be quite possibly the worst employing company. Not only do they employ techs with horrible conduct, they dress like G's off the street.

People demand the world. It's impossible to please every single person. But apparently we please more than we piss off because comcast is still the biggest company.
PROJECT RIG: 1996 XJ 2 Door. 4.0/AX15/np231/8.25/d30. 6-7" Mix and Match RE/TNT Long Arm Lift, ACOS Spacers. JCR Bumpers, Steering, Sliders. ZJ Rear Discs and 4.11's. Aussies Front and Rear. IN PROGRESS...
DAILY DRIVER: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. HEMI
SOLD:2001 Dakota 4.7, 2005 SRT4, 2000 XJ, 2004 Blazer ZR2
Ronron2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #23
Ronron2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake989 View Post

It's only fiber to the side of your house. Inside wiring remains the same old coax... buyer beware.
PROJECT RIG: 1996 XJ 2 Door. 4.0/AX15/np231/8.25/d30. 6-7" Mix and Match RE/TNT Long Arm Lift, ACOS Spacers. JCR Bumpers, Steering, Sliders. ZJ Rear Discs and 4.11's. Aussies Front and Rear. IN PROGRESS...
DAILY DRIVER: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. HEMI
SOLD:2001 Dakota 4.7, 2005 SRT4, 2000 XJ, 2004 Blazer ZR2
Ronron2112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.