Seeya Comcast! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Seeya Comcast!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
hoosier724
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Seeya Comcast!

Finally have U-Verse available and getting it installed a week from Saturday. Can't wait to call Comcast and cancel.

Honk if you love Jesus...text while driving if you want to meet him!
hoosier724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Dam you! They are a block away from me know. Oh well, moving in a month so hopefully they have it where I am going.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
MPants89
2008 JK Wrangler 

not sure what U-Verse but i went from comcast to Verizon FiOS and its ten times better... anythings better than comcast
MPants89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It must be a regional thing, because I've never had a problem with Comcast whatsoever in the past 9 years.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 03:51 AM   #5
hoosier724
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have a problem with Comcast's product it's the way they treat their customers. They just remove channels without any notification or relocate them so that you have to purchase upgraded packages to get them back. I'm paying Comcast and AT&T(landline & DSL) $191/mo, now with U-Verse we'll be at $103/mo. For those that don't know about AT&T U-verse it's TV/Phone and internet all on 1 line and all on 1 bill.

Honk if you love Jesus...text while driving if you want to meet him!
hoosier724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #6
mooseknuckle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not a huge Comcast fan, but all my savings from switching would be lost getting the MLB package, and the NHL package to catch the Phillies and Flyers....

It sucks, but it is what it is...
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:07 AM   #7
Ronron2112

come on now you guys must not read your bills. comcast tells you about channels months in advance. Every cable company is the same. Verizon is alot worse for custoemr service, service calls, and hidden things. comcast is very open about changing channels and such.

Seriously guys, they tell you everything you need to know in your bill. just read it AND the fillers they stuff into it and you'll always know what going on.
PROJECT RIG: 1996 XJ 2 Door. 4.0/AX15/np231/8.25/d30. 6-7" Mix and Match RE/TNT Long Arm Lift, ACOS Spacers. JCR Bumpers, Steering, Sliders. ZJ Rear Discs and 4.11's. Aussies Front and Rear. IN PROGRESS...
DAILY DRIVER: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. HEMI
SOLD:2001 Dakota 4.7, 2005 SRT4, 2000 XJ, 2004 Blazer ZR2
Ronron2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #8
3S00W
2009 JK Wrangler 

comcast was crap! I fired em over two yrs ago. I got directv and ATT dsl, bundled on one bill. I pay just under $100/mo with two hd dvrs and fiber optic dsl. never lose internet and its gotta be a super bad storm too lose tv.
3S00W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
RollerHman
BMW drivers are ****s

1999 XJ Cherokee 

is u-verse dish or cable? i kinda looked into it last year but went with directv. i love my service but my community doesnt love where my dish is. they keep threatening me but i cannot put a dish on my deck which is where they say it has to go....
Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

99 XJ
98 BMW 328is
RollerHman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #10
Xander

We have U-verse here too. We really like it. My parents switched from U-Verse and went with Charter (comparable of that to Comcast) and have regretted it since the first week. I was over there the other day and their phones didn't work. They were very casual about it, like it was expected
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
eagleCJ7
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier724 View Post
I don't have a problem with Comcast's product it's the way they treat their customers. They just remove channels without any notification or relocate them so that you have to purchase upgraded packages to get them back. I'm paying Comcast and AT&T(landline & DSL) $191/mo, now with U-Verse we'll be at $103/mo. For those that don't know about AT&T U-verse it's TV/Phone and internet all on 1 line and all on 1 bill.
I'm right there with you! I had Comcast internet, cable, hardline telephone. Was paying $159/mo and they just jacked it up to $200/mo. I canceled and went with Verizon/DirecTV ( ATT U-Verse not available here) for $108/mo and get ALL premium channels + 300 more. Screw Comcast!
eagleCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #12
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronron2112 View Post
come on now you guys must not read your bills. comcast tells you about channels months in advance. Every cable company is the same. Verizon is alot worse for custoemr service, service calls, and hidden things. comcast is very open about changing channels and such.

Seriously guys, they tell you everything you need to know in your bill. just read it AND the fillers they stuff into it and you'll always know what going on.
Comcast employee?

Comcast sucks
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Uverse is over the phoneline. Everyone I know that has it loves it. One of my friends works for at&t and is involved in it somehow. Once its offered in his area he said he will get it because its that good.
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #14
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Comcast sucks as bad as every single other provider. Notice how everyone hates their cell service? I rarely hear anything positive from anyone on AT&T except how their service sucks and the 3G coverage seems to be only covering 1% of the US. Your friend with Dish, which 'never goes out during storms', always seems to go out while you are there during a storm?

I have had zero issues with their customer service. I would be interested to hear what exactly happened that you that made everyone on here say they suck so bad. The one problem I had that was an extended service interruption. Their fix was discounted internet for 6 months. Maybe it is how you handle yourself on the phone with them.

I have a LOT of channels. Plenty of HD, channels that I actually want to watch, and it works all the time. The real issue is I use my internet. I work from home and need speed. The Comcast Cable internet is damn fast. Much faster than DSL and what the others offer. On top of that to get equal channels(HBO, Encore and others) with internet the savings is... pretty close to NIL. And I have to work with DSL.
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #15
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdywglr4x4 View Post
Comcast sucks as bad as every single other provider. Notice how everyone hates their cell service? I rarely hear anything positive from anyone on AT&T except how their service sucks and the 3G coverage seems to be only covering 1% of the US. Your friend with Dish, which 'never goes out during storms', always seems to go out while you are there during a storm?

I have had zero issues with their customer service. I would be interested to hear what exactly happened that you that made everyone on here say they suck so bad. The one problem I had that was an extended service interruption. Their fix was discounted internet for 6 months. Maybe it is how you handle yourself on the phone with them.

I have a LOT of channels. Plenty of HD, channels that I actually want to watch, and it works all the time. The real issue is I use my internet. I work from home and need speed. The Comcast Cable internet is damn fast. Much faster than DSL and what the others offer. On top of that to get equal channels(HBO, Encore and others) with internet the savings is... pretty close to NIL. And I have to work with DSL.
I like Dish Network - never had an issue with them
I like Verizon - never had an issue with them
I hate Comcast - always having issues with them. Sub par equipment, customer service, installers, etc...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.