Searching for a 1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara -- $250 finders fee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Searching for a 1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara -- $250 finders fee

Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #1
david05111

JeepForum Challenge: Searching for a 1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara -- $250 finders fee

Hey gents-

I'm copying a majority of this post from another board I'm a member of. I asked in the Help Desk subforum before doing this in hopes that this thread won't be moved or locked. I'd create a WTB ad in the classifieds, but so far I don't have the necessary post count, and I'd like to get more exposure.

I want to build a Jurassic Jeep, basically a clone of the jeeps in the first and fourth Jurassic Park movies. It's going to be a little fun project for me.

In order to do that, I need the Jeep to start with. To be correct, it has to be a 1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara in Sand Beige with the low doors. And it must be a manual, not an automatic.

I've been searching for a few weeks, maybe 2-3 months at this point on and off and haven't had much success. The problem is that, as I understand, they're fairly rare and were only made in that color one year. And since there are others like me out there, once they come up, they get snagged fairly quickly.

So I'm issuing an jeepforum challenge. I know there are people from all over the US on this board and I know that not everything is listed on the internet. Anyone who points me in the right direction for one of these that I end up buying will receive a $250 finder's fee.

Now the catch here is that I'd prefer to purchase one that's unmolested or very near it, with a very good interior and solid exterior paint. It's gotta be sand beige though...light champagne metallic wont cut it.

I'm not really interested in a Jurassic Jeep already converted unless its correct. There was one that sold about a month and a half ago for about $15k that was listed by a dealer. It was a 92 in sand beige in great shape. I'm not interested in ones converted on other model years, colors, etc.

I am a member of a few boards, with a combined post count north of 7000 and have all positive feedback on two boards for thousands of dollars of merchandise. I am a man of my word. I someone here can point me toward the jeep I'm looking for and if I am able to negotiate a sale of that jeep, on my word and honor I will pay that person the finder's fee. The only stipulation of course is that this challenge is posted on another board and if someone sends me the same vehicle first and I purchase it, they get the money. I can only ask you to believe and understand this. Upon purchase of a jeep, I know I'll frequent this board and its in my best interest be be upstanding regarding this arrangement and not burn bridges.

I really want one of these things. It's sounds crazy, but I've wanted one since I was a kid, 7 years old sitting in the movie theater when the movie first came out. And for years, I've thought about doing this. If you know of one or even have one for sale, please PM or email me. And please keep your eyes open...it really means a lot to me. I hope that I can compensate you for your efforts. Thank you.

PM or email at david05111business@yahoo.com is fine. Or post in here.

This is what I hope to build.

david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2015, 05:13 PM   #2
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

This is a tall order. Good luck!

Do you have a budget in mind for the right vehicle matching your description?
Jeff88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
4x4chase
1981 CJ7 

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5073225034.html
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
4x4chase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
This is a tall order. Good luck!

Do you have a budget in mind for the right vehicle matching your description?
Thanks! The budget is wide open, depending on the car. I'd go as high as $10k for the perfect car probably and maybe might stretch it a little further. By that, I mean low miles, garage kept, virtually perfect paint, virtually perfect interior, no mods, paperwork, sales records, clean title, no accident history, non-smoker, etc.

I'd love to find that car, but I know the odds are steep. Given the fact that its unlikely, for a pretty solid car, budget is under that. But its vehicle-dependent. Its going to be a cash deal...its not an issue of financing or anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4chase View Post
Wrong year, but more importantly, wrong color. That's light champagne metallic.
Unread 06-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
ChrisHager

2004 WJ 

Well, unfortunately it's pretty much finished AND it's a sport. Close though... 92 Wrangler
Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
"Wind them in until you strip the thread....then back a quarter turn!"
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2015, 07:02 PM   #6
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Well, unfortunately it's pretty much finished AND it's a sport. Close though... 92 Wrangler
Yeah that one was pointed out to me on no other forum. The price is great, but the overall product isn't. The color isn't even close to correct, the model isn't right, the seats and interior aren't right...basically, it looks like they painted the jeep white or some other creamy color and threw some decals on. Not even close to what I'm looking to do
Unread 06-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #7
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

We were backing out of my driveway tonight, and I had to wait a second while a Jeep went by.

I watched it in my rearview mirror. As soon as I saw it, this thread came to mind, because it is the most original looking Jeep YJ Sahara in this color I have ever seen. I chased it down and pulled up along side it, there was a young girl driving it. I didn't want to freak her out, she looked like she was already in a hurry to get inside when she parked.

I think it is the right color, sure looks like it. I will see it again and grab a picture, because I know where she parked, and I guess she might live at that house.

I will ask her if she wants to sell it.

It was crazy, because without this thread, I wouldn't have even bothered.
Unread 06-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #8
david05111

Quote:
We were backing out of my driveway tonight, and I had to wait a second while a Jeep went by.

I watched it in my rearview mirror. As soon as I saw it, this thread came to mind, because it is the most original looking Jeep YJ Sahara in this color I have ever seen. I chased it down and pulled up along side it, there was a young girl driving it. I didn't want to freak her out, she looked like she was already in a hurry to get inside when she parked.

I think it is the right color, sure looks like it. I will see it again and grab a picture, because I know where she parked, and I guess she might live at that house.

I will ask her if she wants to sell it.

It was crazy, because without this thread, I wouldn't have even bothered.
Thanks!! That's a great lead!

Beware though, Sand Beige and Light Champagne Metallic look pretty similar to my eyes. The 92 saharas were the only year sand beige was offered. After that, the 93-95 model years came in light champagne metallic.

If you do catch up to her (don't freak her out lol), make sure it's a 92. That's the only way we'll really know if it's sand beige or not, aside from the vin.
Unread 06-25-2015, 06:34 PM   #9
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Thanks!! That's a great lead!

Beware though, Sand Beige and Light Champagne Metallic look pretty similar to my eyes. The 92 saharas were the only year sand beige was offered. After that, the 93-95 model years came in light champagne metallic.

If you do catch up to her (don't freak her out lol), make sure it's a 92. That's the only way we'll really know if it's sand beige or not, aside from the vin.
Do the colors look that close in person? I looked up the color chips and I can't tell the difference with my monitor.

I have never seen the two colors together. I probably haven't seen either of them actually.

If I get a picture will you be able to tell if it is right?
Unread 06-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #10
david05111

Quote:
Do the colors look that close in person? I looked up the color chips and I can't tell the difference with my monitor.

I have never seen the two colors together. I probably haven't seen either of them actually.

If I get a picture will you be able to tell if it is right?
Honestly, probably not. I can't tell them apart on a screen either. But honestly, I've only (to my knowledge) the only seen sand beige in person: on the movie cars at Universal Studios Orlando.

And since there are no identifiable physical differences to really speak of between the 92-95 model years, the only way either of us would know is if you either asked her or got a pic of the VIN off the dashboard through the windshield (assuming there is one there on these cars).
Unread 06-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #11
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a picture I grabbed this morning. I have seen this Jeep only once, it is now parked in my neighborhood.

I did notice the front drivers side fender has a bend/dent/wrinkle in it. Other than that, it really appears to be pretty straight from this side and it has that look and feel of an unmolested Jeep. Who knows though?

I just pulled up next to it to grab a quick photo. If it looks promising, I will hope to see the owner and be able to ask her. Even if you don't want to find out if she wants to sell it, I am curious is this is correct or not.

When I see them online and in the movie, the color looks more grey than this one. I don't know what color this is. I haven't seen one this color before.

Unread 06-26-2015, 10:52 AM   #12
david05111

Quote:
Here is a picture I grabbed this morning. I have seen this Jeep only once, it is now parked in my neighborhood.

I did notice the front drivers side fender has a bend/dent/wrinkle in it. Other than that, it really appears to be pretty straight from this side and it has that look and feel of an unmolested Jeep. Who knows though?

I just pulled up next to it to grab a quick photo. If it looks promising, I will hope to see the owner and be able to ask her. Even if you don't want to find out if she wants to sell it, I am curious is this is correct or not.

When I see them online and in the movie, the color looks more grey than this one. I don't know what color this is. I haven't seen one this color before.

Wow, that IS in good shape! The dent is an inconvenience, but can probably be sorted out.

That actually looks like the right color, to my untrained eye. Most jeeps that I've seen lately are the champagne color...this one looks a little different than that. A way to tell them apart might be the sheen coming off it. Sand Beige is a pretty flat paint, a semi-gloss basically. It should look flatter than the champagne, if that makes sense or helps at all.

It does unfortunately have the tall doors and the hard top, both of which would have to go for my purposes, but it definitely is a sahara and has about a 50/50 shot of being the right color.

If you find anything else out, please let me know.
Unread 06-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #13
david05111

Bump
Unread 07-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #14
david05111

Bump!

Seriously, please pass this around at your local jeep meets. Someone has to have one of these that they're willing to part with in the condition I'm looking for. A few quick words to some people at a meet could earn you $250
Unread 07-11-2015, 04:48 PM   #15
david05111

To the top!

Still looking for one of these. I almost closed the deal for one this past week, but it fell through at the last minute. Please put the word out and let me know if you find anything!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.