Scan and Fax through the Internet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Scan and Fax through the Internet?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Scan and Fax through the Internet?

I'm looking for a FREE way of faxing my scanned documents through the internet. There are tons of freeware out there, but most of the probably include some virus/spyware/bloatware.

So, anyone ever do this? What software/service do you use?

"When you honestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do". www.despair.com
|_
|T|
Fett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

There are a couple places you can sign up online to get a free account and it lets you fax a .doc, .pdf, .jpg, and other file formats for free (usually only a few times or something unless you buy an account). I have used them before since I didn't have a fax machine at the time and it was useful. Just do a search on google as I don't remember the company I used.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, I've found several companies. I'm hoping to find comments on who is/is not reputable.

"When you honestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do". www.despair.com
|_
|T|
Unread 01-31-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
Parky

My old windows machine had WinFax built in. Thats what I use to use until we got one of those all in one printer/fax/scanner.
Colorado Jeep Member #12

Happy Jeeper
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
R.T.
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's not FREE (then again, nothing is) but there's a FAX program as part of your Windows (if your running a windows OS). Most likely your computer already has a phone modem in it. Dig the program out of the windows "components", install it, hook your computer up to a phone line, and off you go. (just the cost of a phone call)

I scan into, and fax from, my windows/XP FAX program once in while.

However, most of the time nowadays I just scan it, make it a PDF, and send it through email. It seems like most places that have a FAX, and even many that don't, have an email account.

Many men can do what others cannot, and most of it is useless - John F. Gilbey

2006 TJ SE, Flame Red, Black Soft Top, 1/2 Doors, 6 speed manual trans, BFG ATs & Rock Crawler Black Steelies.

[COLOR="Red"]Red[/COLOR] Jeep Club Member #389
R.T. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #6
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I wish they did have an e-mail account, but I'm dealing with a non-tech, anti-computer woolly mammoth. And my computer doesn't have a modem. I took it out many years ago and never looked back.

|_
|T|
Unread 01-31-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
drdemux

Here is what you do.

1- Hold the document up to your monitor.
2- Press the number you want to send it to on the number pad. (Note: include area code)
3- Make Beeep brooop zooot bleeeak noises (ie. modem sounds)
4- Press enter when transmission is complete.

Do you need instructions on how to program the clock on your Betamax too?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.