Scam? Notice the Mileage - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Scam? Notice the Mileage

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 01-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #16
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgc99lmtd View Post
Try emailing him a simple question like is it still available and if he replies with this big long sob story then its most likely a scam. Not always but most likely it is. Also pay attention to his grammar. For some reason scams always have bad grammar in their emails. I ran into quite a few scams while looking for a jeep on craigslist and learned that these are some things to look out for.
I did, I am waiting to hear back..

vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #17
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBCguy View Post
Simply put: If this sale turns out to be legit., BUY IT. Even if you don't keep it, you could flip it for far more than what you paid for it.
For sure on that one... time will tell when this guy emails me back..
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'd venture to say it if it's not a scam then there is probably some underlying mechanical problem that has either been camoflauged or about to happen. If you're serious about buying then go take it for a test drive. It's looks rough to me, but then again I'm very picky when it comes to purchasing vehicles.

[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="White"]"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." Major General James Mattis, USMC[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Blue"]"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
Jake03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #19
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It could be legit. Red flag for me is an Illinios tag on a car in California. This leads me to believe there might be some CARB or registration issue. It could be a damn good deal though.
Unread 01-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #20
vitapimp
Owner of REPOST™

1998 TJ Wrangler 

why don't you call and find out? the phone number is under contact information: 559-553-8864. if it is not a legit number, then it is a scam.
<>< Member #35
Red Jeep Club Member #337

What you are is God's gift to you...
What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
Make a change. Be different.
vitapimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The best way to tell if it's a scam is to go look at it in person. If the person says he's listing it in point a, but it's actually in point b, tell him you planned on visiting that area anyways. If he still finds some piss poor excuse as to why you can't see it in person, then it's a scam.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #22
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
I would go check it out, just make sure it ain't stolen or has lien's on it. Even if it does have a 35 under it, for that price it would be worth it to do a 8.8 or d44 swap.
What liens are you talking about?
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #23
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I e-mailed AND called yesterday. No answer on phone (left voice mail) and no reply. The IL plates, CA listing, and pictured snow combined with no response makes me leary.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #24
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yup, still no email back on this guy. Prolly a scam or something.
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #25
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just got an e-mail reply that reads as follows (cut and paste):

"Hi ,

Thanks for being interested in buying my jeep 1999 Jeep Wrangler SPORT 4.0 L. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. It has an 6 Cylinder 4.0 Liter, 60,600 miles, clear title, a perfect jeep. The price is not negotiable $4,900.00 firm. The only thing because i am selling it,because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this jeep, now as a woman i don`t need it( i don`t have driver license)... we will use only eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection to complete the sale. If you are interested and you have the funds available email me your full name and shipping address in order to register the transaction at the ebay department.

Regards,
Brenda"

I did reply, but didn't give out any personal info. Increasingly fishy in my opinion. Anyone else have $0.02 to throw in?
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #26
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Tried calling again, too. Got the same generic message without it ever ringing.

― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

Unread 01-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #27
minimodes89
1998 ZJ 

Sounds like a scam

Penn State Alum:Industrial Engineering
minimodes89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #28
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

^^^ I am suprised you got an email back, I didnt. Maybe because I asked to many technical questions when I sent it. She knew she couldnt get me. That's crazy, def a scam. I can tell by her grammer. Also, what if you lived close by, then you could drive over and pay cash. That should have been her first thing, "when would you like to come check it out." what a "ratard". I freakin hate these scammers, they ruin everything!
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #29
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I always love to catch the scammers.

[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="White"]"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." Major General James Mattis, USMC[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Blue"]"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
Jake03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #30
christine1003
1999 WJ 

There are a couple around here for low prices also...But that doesn't mean this one is real. I have seen a lot of fake email's and this one definately looks fake to me you can tell by how she is talking, and why would she send all the info again in the email that you already read??? I would forget about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.