Under the truck ,, and hood ,, as I jumped out
All the hair on my legs were singed ,,
Running for the hose ,, the flames did not subside ,,
As I stand there with the hose full throttle on the engine ,,
The flames were uncontrollable,, like a scene from a
Movie . I called 911 and fire trucks were there in
About 10 min ,, with the hose on the engine the whole
Time ,, 10 min felt like 60 ,, as I stand there watching
My truck burn ,, destroying everything !!
The fire went thru the fire wall and burned the dash
And ceiling ,, everything under the hood was
Completely destroyed and vanished from burning .
The fireman blew a hole in the hood ,, and ripped apart
The grill ,, needles to say ,, my baby was completely
Destroyed !!
Thank you to all the help I've received on this site ,,
I feel left out and out of the jeep community ,,
I hope to find another one .
Sad sad day !!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nobody was hurt; it's just a possession and I would think it was insured. Sorry to hear, but you can replace a vehicle.

My very first truck was hit by somebody while parked and I had put a lot of sweat and time into fixing it on a high school kid's budget. As such, not trying to make light of your loss by any means; some time will pass and you'll realize that a new door to another vehicle/project has just opened.

#3 ·
wow, that really stinks. Glad you did not suffer greater injury. Was the engine running when you jumped out of the vehicle? Or maybe the fuel pump was running and feeding gas right into the fire. That would explain the large flames. I keep thinking: What can be learned from this to help others avoid this problem?

#4 ·
I got lucky, i sprayed carb cleaner (thanks to some bright ideas on this forum to spray that around my intake manifold 3-4 years ago before i did my plenum) and BOOM it caught on fire from the hot engine.. and i had flames around my entire intake manifold on my 5.9 ZJ..

I rushed for towels to smother it, but that didnt work and then i grabbed the hose and of course it was kinked.. i could hear the crackling and poping like a fire place.. thankfully the flames did go out, and i suffered no dmg. All the heat insulation tubing around the wires did their Jobs and my wiring was fine. I only got water in the transmission through the dipstick so i dropped the pan before i started the Jeep to clean it out. I know exactly the feeling.. my heart was pumping reallly really good and i was freaking out lol 2 minutes felt like 20

I still to this day havent gotten fire extinguishers... i really need too.. I just havent been able to find smaller ABC ones.. harbor freight sells ABC but they are huge.. and the small auto ones are only B and C.. you want ABC .

Sadly if you have an Extinguisher you would have saved the vehicle.. The fire didnt go out because it was oil that was on fire and water doesnt put out oil fires.

Would loved to see pics though :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.