Rubicon Trail on Google Maps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Rubicon Trail on Google Maps

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
lokithecoyote
Trickster

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Rubicon Trail on Google Maps

Hey, so i was bored last night and I decided to make a map in Google Maps of the Rubicon Trail. I have always found maps of the trail to be difficult to read or of poor quality, so i hope this helps out in the regard. I used publicly available waypoints to figure out the locations of each obstacle,and after filling in the available roads on the maps program itself, I mimicked an embedded map of the trail from another site. You can export this map into a .kml file and use Google Earth to get a real good look at it all.

The Rubicon Trail

I think it turned out pretty well. Thoughts? (I'm not sure if it's available to publicly collaborate or edit - let me know!)

"Kit Fox" build - 1996 XJ Sport
lokithecoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
mclovinal
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cool map! This will be pretty helpful to people who want to get on that trail. What's the condition of the Rubicon Trail nowadays? Can people with reasonable vehicles still run it? I had heard some people tried to dynamite the trail to make it harder or something like that.
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Damn, the Rubicon really is a long *** trail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovinal View Post
Cool map! This will be pretty helpful to people who want to get on that trail. What's the condition of the Rubicon Trail nowadays? Can people with reasonable vehicles still run it? I had heard some people tried to dynamite the trail to make it harder or something like that.
They did some demo work on Little Sluice to make it easier for other vehicles to make it through or something... I don't know. That's the only thing I've heard about any demo work happening on the Rubicon.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #4
bobjp

I didn't realize how long it is either. Cool map, but I doubt I'll get to use it anytime soon, if at all.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.