RockAuto SUCKS!! I promissed them I would flame them. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > RockAuto SUCKS!! I promissed them I would flame them.

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #46
gregs887
Up your butt Jobu

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
at least kolak will get it to you, sometime...
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_ View Post
....Within 2-3 months...
He's always been pretty prompt when I've ordered through him in the past. If it isn't coming soon he is pretty good at emailing and letting you know whats up. Well at least he used to be, its been a few years.

gregs887 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #47
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
He's always been pretty prompt when I've ordered through him in the past. If it isn't coming soon he is pretty good at emailing and letting you know whats up. Well at least he used to be, its been a few years.
My experiences and the ones of people I personally no have been much different.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #48
54lariat
2009 KK Liberty 

I know this is an old post, but My experience has also been very crappy. Ordered a set of replacement fog lamps for my 2004 F150, I got the set in and put new bulbs in(50 bucks in bulbs. First rain we had they leaked and blew out the lamps, the housings were only a couple months old. I sent them an email and the RMA'd a new set...bought more bulbs, another 50 bucks and they did ok till another rain in August. The passenger side leaked and blew out another bulb. Sent them another email and the reply said they will not cover any replacement or refund since it has been almost 14 months, even tho the replacements were still under a year old. Now Im out the cost of the housings and 75 bucks in bulbs. This was the reply, first email from me is at the bottom.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. The warranty goes back to the first order (since the second order is just a replacement for the first order). Therefore, the warranty was good until June 2013. Since it is past June 2013, the parts are no longer covered under the manufacturer's warranty at this point.

Thank you,

Erin K.
RockAuto Customer Service

When do you show the 2nd set of fog lamps sent?
Please understand I am out a good chunk of my money, I would like to think that you would make some sort of effort to help out with this issue, will you please speak with someone and try to help me

Tristan

Hello,

Thank you for contacting RockAuto. I am sorry to hear of the issue you have had with these VARIOUS MFR assemblies.

Checking order history, I see you originally purchased these assemblies on 06/03/2012. The warranty (http://www.rockauto.com/docs/warranty.php) is for 12 months, so it is expired. I would not be able to offer a replacement nor a refund at this time.

Thank you,

Nicole

Dear Customer Service:

I ordered a set of replacement fog lamps a while back, I ran them with no problems until the first rainy day, they both leaked and blew out 50 dollars of bulbs. Rock auto sent a new pair, different manufacturer and I installed them and sent the bad ones back. Now several months later I now take the truck out and its rainy and the passengers side leaked and exploded the bulb and lost another 25 dollar bulb.

There are glass fragments in the lamp I will not be able to remove. Since this has happened twice now I would like to know what we can do. I would also be ok with a refund at this point since I have already spent about 75 dollars in lamps. I have always had good experiences with rock auto but the quality of lamps in this case are just not there.

Please let me know how we can proceed, sorry I do not have the original order number.

Tristan
54lariat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #49
1coopgt
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54lariat View Post
I know this is an old post, but My experience has also been very crappy. Ordered a set of replacement fog lamps for my 2004 F150, I got the set in and put new bulbs in(50 bucks in bulbs. First rain we had they leaked and blew out the lamps, the housings were only a couple months old. I sent them an email and the RMA'd a new set...bought more bulbs, another 50 bucks and they did ok till another rain in August. The passenger side leaked and blew out another bulb. Sent them another email and the reply said they will not cover any replacement or refund since it has been almost 14 months, even tho the replacements were still under a year old. Now Im out the cost of the housings and 75 bucks in bulbs. This was the reply, first email from me is at the bottom.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. The warranty goes back to the first order (since the second order is just a replacement for the first order). Therefore, the warranty was good until June 2013. Since it is past June 2013, the parts are no longer covered under the manufacturer's warranty at this point.

Thank you,

Erin K.

When do you show the 2nd set of fog lamps sent?
Please understand I am out a good chunk of my money, I would like to think that you would make some sort of effort to help out with this issue, will you please speak with someone and try to help me

Tristan

Hello,

Thank you for contacting RockAuto. I am sorry to hear of the issue you have had with these VARIOUS MFR assemblies.

Checking order history, I see you originally purchased these assemblies on 06/03/2012. The warranty (http://www.rockauto.com/docs/warranty.php) is for 12 months, so it is expired. I would not be able to offer a replacement nor a refund at this time.

Thank you,

Nicole

Dear Customer Service:

I ordered a set of replacement fog lamps a while back, I ran them with no problems until the first rainy day, they both leaked and blew out 50 dollars of bulbs. Rock auto sent a new pair, different manufacturer and I installed them and sent the bad ones back. Now several months later I now take the truck out and its rainy and the passengers side leaked and exploded the bulb and lost another 25 dollar bulb.

There are glass fragments in the lamp I will not be able to remove. Since this has happened twice now I would like to know what we can do. I would also be ok with a refund at this point since I have already spent about 75 dollars in lamps. I have always had good experiences with rock auto but the quality of lamps in this case are just not there.

Please let me know how we can proceed, sorry I do not have the original order number.

Tristan
You're in the wrong on this one. The warranty doesn't start over on the second set . I don't know anyone that does that . They would be out of business pretty quick if they did , if they did warranties the way you want it to be .
1coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #50
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Real Jeeps only need one tie rod anyway.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #51
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdywglr4x4 View Post
Rough crowd. Report them to the BBB? That is a scam at the lowest level. A scare tactic so that the BBB can keep 'tabs' on you.

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #52
bobjp

It's a bull **** policy to not start a warranty over if you have to warranty the part. But it is in Rock Auto's policy:

Quote:
Replacement under warranty does not extend the warranty term. Warranties begin upon delivery.
http://www.rockauto.com/docs/warranty.php
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #53
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp
It's a bull **** policy to not start a warranty over if you have to warranty the part. But it is in Rock Auto's policy:

http://www.rockauto.com/docs/warranty.php
You realize how much that would run them out of business because of all these ******* good for nothing people out there? Before the year is out oh look something broke warranty it. Next thing you know every single year they get new parts! They just sell the parts and run them out of business.
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #54
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

OP if they won't resolve the issue file a complaint with your state attorney general. In the past i have had to do this and usually things get resolved quickly.

Your state attorney general is funded by your tax dollars and works for you. The BBB is funded by the local business and doesn't work for you.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #55
bobjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997_Sport View Post
You realize how much that would run them out of business because of all these ******* good for nothing people out there? Before the year is out oh look something broke warranty it. Next thing you know every single year they get new parts! They just sell the parts and run them out of business.
Or maybe companies that sell ****ty parts model their business around replacing a part once. That's worse than Autozone/Advance Auto/Napa and their guaranteed-to-fail lifetime warranty. Restarting the warranty would not be a problem if you sold quality parts.

Regardless, it is in Rock Auto's policy that the warranty period does not restart.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.