So buy 1 at full price, wait a few weeks and call and ask where it's at. Say you never got it and demand they ship your item. Boom, 2 for the price of 1. Now sit down and STFU.
JK JK JK Do NOT do that. that would be as unethical as they are doing to you.
I work customer service for a catalog/web based company. Call them back and ask what the difference is between the clearance part and current in-stock part is. Write it down. Now hang up and call back to get a different operator, or wait a few days and do it again, make sure you're getting the same reasons for the bait and switch.
If there is NO difference, ask politely to speak to a supervisor. Sit on hold if you have to, but do not fall for the "they will call you back, can I take your name and #" and definitely refuse to give them any information what the situation is about. Just repeat "No, you can not help me today, please connect me to a supervisor."
When the supervisor gets on the line, explain POLITELY to him/her that you paid for PartA but received PartB, and you will gladly return PartB but would like PartA sent to you as soon as possible. Explain that you want PartA at the agreed upon price and that you are very unsatisfied with how the company is handling the customer service.
Good luck, it's not easy dealing with someone over a phone. I prefer face to face transactions. It's hard to argue with a guy when he looks like he's about to yank you over a counter and slap the snot out of you over a 31$ part. lol
Build a man a Jeep, he wheels till it breaks,
Teach a man to build a Jeep, and he wheels for life.