RockAuto SUCKS!! I promissed them I would flame them. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > RockAuto SUCKS!! I promissed them I would flame them.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 01-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #31
Douglas S.

I find the idea that the "design" was upgraded a complete joke. The vehicle is 11 years old and I haven't heard of any revolutionary developments in tie rod design.

This is pure speculation, but so is the idea that the design has changed.

Unread 01-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #32
mithuth
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So buy 1 at full price, wait a few weeks and call and ask where it's at. Say you never got it and demand they ship your item. Boom, 2 for the price of 1. Now sit down and STFU.

JK JK JK Do NOT do that. that would be as unethical as they are doing to you.

I work customer service for a catalog/web based company. Call them back and ask what the difference is between the clearance part and current in-stock part is. Write it down. Now hang up and call back to get a different operator, or wait a few days and do it again, make sure you're getting the same reasons for the bait and switch.

If there is NO difference, ask politely to speak to a supervisor. Sit on hold if you have to, but do not fall for the "they will call you back, can I take your name and #" and definitely refuse to give them any information what the situation is about. Just repeat "No, you can not help me today, please connect me to a supervisor."

When the supervisor gets on the line, explain POLITELY to him/her that you paid for PartA but received PartB, and you will gladly return PartB but would like PartA sent to you as soon as possible. Explain that you want PartA at the agreed upon price and that you are very unsatisfied with how the company is handling the customer service.

Good luck, it's not easy dealing with someone over a phone. I prefer face to face transactions. It's hard to argue with a guy when he looks like he's about to yank you over a counter and slap the snot out of you over a 31$ part. lol
mithuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #33
Chris_Walker
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I ordered Raybestos Cermaic pads for the front of my ZJ that were on clearance. Turned out they were out of stock even though their website didn't indicate that. However, they called and informed me, and offered the equivalent Centric Ceramic pads for the same price. I thought thier customer service was pretty good.
Chris_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #34
mooseknuckle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Walker View Post
I ordered Raybestos Cermaic pads for the front of my ZJ that were on clearance. Turned out they were out of stock even though their website didn't indicate that. However, they called and informed me, and offered the equivalent Centric Ceramic pads for the same price. I thought thier customer service was pretty good.
I think that's what everyone is saying should happen here....if the new parts are in fact different, then they should make the effort to make the OP whole.

Purely speculation here, but maybe receiving the wrong part is what caused the company to be 'out of stock' with the old part? Maybe there were plenty left when the OP ordered them, but with shipping time to and back, they sold out....I still think the company should make it right. If they are worried about their margins on that small of a part, then whatever. They aren't losing hundreds of dollars on a lift kit or something.
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #35
DailyDrvn5
2010 JK Wrangler 

We had an issue with Rock Auto as well but it sort of went both ways

They listed a reman throttle body for something like $50 and showed only 4 left in inventory. I wanted this for our old TBI 4 cyl the fiance drives. We ordered it got a nice big box but it has a fuel injector in the box.

No where was it listed as TBI injector it said Throttle body. we called them and they refused to acknowledge the mistake, they call the injector the throttle body. They offered to take it back if we pay shipping. We just kept it as a spare.

Moral of story call and ask if its questionable.

-Blake
DailyDrvn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #36
Dogberri
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I recently had ordering issues with Morris 4x4, i ordered a shift fork for my tranny along with a bunch of springs and keys. after about 3 days over of what their recommended shipping time was the parts came. everything was good except for they sent me some random bearing instead of the shift fork. i called them up and told them what happened, the lady i was speaking to had me take a pic of the wrong part right next to the box with the part number on it and email it to her to verify that it was incorrect. what had happened is some one in their wear-house had mislabeled the parts as the part number was in fact for a shift fork. she had the right part sent out the next morning asap for me. About 2 days later i personally received a call from one of the owners apologizing for what had happened and they mailed me a gift certificate and an apology letter, i was impressed as i have never had that kind of customer service before.

long story short, good service is out there and companies do this kind of business should back up their mistakes without question. If you have your receipt or confirmation email and they still refused to fulfill the transaction on their end then thats just flat out bad business
Dogberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #37
mooseknuckle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberri View Post
I recently had ordering issues with Morris 4x4, i ordered a shift fork for my tranny along with a bunch of springs and keys. after about 3 days over of what their recommended shipping time was the parts came. everything was good except for they sent me some random bearing instead of the shift fork. i called them up and told them what happened, the lady i was speaking to had me take a pic of the wrong part right next to the box with the part number on it and email it to her to verify that it was incorrect. what had happened is some one in their wear-house had mislabeled the parts as the part number was in fact for a shift fork. she had the right part sent out the next morning asap for me. About 2 days later i personally received a call from one of the owners apologizing for what had happened and they mailed me a gift certificate and an apology letter, i was impressed as i have never had that kind of customer service before.

long story short, good service is out there and companies do this kind of business should back up their mistakes without question. If you have your receipt or confirmation email and they still refused to fulfill the transaction on their end then thats just flat out bad business
And that, my friend is what drives me to buy from people like that. Even if it's a little more expensive....

I have a little hardware store right down the street from the house, and a HD right next to my work....I'd much prefer to go to the little hardware store 99% of the time because it's almost hassle free, and if there is an error they fix it and are genuinely apologetic.

In one of my marketing classes in college, I don't know the exact numbers, but they explained how much more it costs to bring in new customers than to retain old ones, even if you have to make some concessions....the OP isn't being unreasonable.
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #38
mattz
2002 WJ 

Update: I am the op of this thred.

Well I got a e-mail from Tom Taylor today. He is the president of the companys brother, so I take it he is high up the ladder. He said that the clearence parts come from various places they are new but not new from Moog. Eg companys going out of buisness that sort of thing. Anyway he said there is nothing he can do about it and I am lucky he paid return shipping on the part. So there you are that is how they do buisness. I sure hope I get my original shipping money back to. Oh well you live and you learn.
Unread 01-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #39
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

If you need the tie rod parts to get your car back on the road, you'd pay full price if you didn't happen to see them on clearance. So if you got all your money back, buy them for full price. You're no worse off than before, save for your time.

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #40
mattz
2002 WJ 

Well thats what I am going to do. But I will not be ordering from them now will I. And its a JEEP not a car.
Unread 01-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #41
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

at least kolak will get it to you, sometime...

i'd be willing to bet their attitude in dealing with you is the same one you showed them.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #42
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattz View Post
Well thats what I am going to do. But I will not be ordering from them now will I. And its a JEEP not a car.
You think I care what I/you call the automobile?

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 01:49 AM   #43
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
at least kolak will get it to you, sometime...
....Within 2-3 months...

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #44
Slugger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This thread is why I try to deal as much as possible with a locally owned and operated parts dealer.Not an online or Autozone,Pep Boys etc. Yes, I know that I can get it cheaper somewhere else,but the confidence that I have what I need is worth it.Like most of us I don't have as much time as I would like to do both repairs and mods to my vehicles.I'm not knocking any online stores as many do have excellent customer service but,this is the very reason I shop local.Also if you can build a relationship with a local store many will offer discounts if they know you will try them first.
Slugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #45
Zeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Take it up with your credit card company

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.