RockAuto SUCKS!! I promissed them I would flame them. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > RockAuto SUCKS!! I promissed them I would flame them.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 01-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #16
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

For sure dude. I would call them back and demand the parts and the price you paid. Tell them you will report their sub-par business practices to the Better Business Bureau. That should wake them up. Long story short, I got $500 from Nissan because they refused to warranty a part and I called the BBB and two days later I got a call from Nissan apologizing. I would do that. Dont take no for an answer. Never lie down and take crap from anyone. I am with you on this one.

EDIT: Oh, and CLEARANCE shmearance! THEY are the ones who sent the wrong parts. They need to honor the original purchase agreement and give you the parts you ordered at the price you paid. End of story. Whether or not they were discounted then and not now, you ARE entitled to what you purchased.

vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #17
mooseknuckle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
I buy all of my stock parts from Rock Auto. You, O.P., clearly don't have a clue how clearance items work.
I'm not sure I follow? I'm not the OP, but he seems to have a pretty clear gripe....much like Mr. Fisch pointed out.

He ordered the part at the advertised price. they send wrong part.
He sends back. They now say they are out of stock and instead of honoring the agreed upon terms of the deal, say, you can have them, but not at the clearance price now. Especially after they are the ones that screwed up to begin with.....

I'm not sure how this can be interpreted any other way?

And, I'm not in retail, but don't things usually go on "clearance" and not just "sale" when you want to discontinue an item? So how do they still have them to sell at regular price? Maybe I am not getting that part.
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #18
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That is all

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #19
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rough crowd. Report them to the BBB? That is a scam at the lowest level. A scare tactic so that the BBB can keep 'tabs' on you. Oh by the way you have to PAY to be a part of their system. Be a part of their system so they get all your information and they can take all the irrational customers filing with the BBB. So you pay to be in a system, a system that only ANGRY customers want to use...

They made a MISTAKE. They sold a clearance item that was out of stock and then on mistake sent you the incorrect part. They offered to return that part(on their dime) and give you a full refund. You could then buy the full priced MOOG part you wanted or be content with your return.

So now we are shunning them?
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #20
Methlab
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I always love this forum, mostly when something like this happens and someone posts a pic of a burning building. Just cracks me all the way up!
Methlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #21
spdcat01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm with the OP! If they took your money for part A but sent part B then why don't they still owe you part A at the agreed on price? Good customer service dictates you make the customer happy. He sent money in good faith expecting part A. All he wants is what he was told he would get. Giving him his money back would be OK if they could no longer get the parts, but they have them in stock! Why should he be forced to pay more because they shipped the wrong item?

NRA Member
'01 TJ Sahara, 3" BB front, 2.25" BB rear, 1.25 JKS BL, 1" MML, Skyjacker Hydro shocks,33/12.50x15 BFG TA/KO All Terrains homemade disco's, Hi-Lift, CB, GPS
spdcat01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #22
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
I'm not sure I follow? I'm not the OP, but he seems to have a pretty clear gripe....much like Mr. Fisch pointed out.

He ordered the part at the advertised price. they send wrong part.
He sends back. They now say they are out of stock and instead of honoring the agreed upon terms of the deal, say, you can have them, but not at the clearance price now. Especially after they are the ones that screwed up to begin with.....

I'm not sure how this can be interpreted any other way?

And, I'm not in retail, but don't things usually go on "clearance" and not just "sale" when you want to discontinue an item? So how do they still have them to sell at regular price? Maybe I am not getting that part.
I presume they were an old design and were clearing house for the new design parts. Same part number, different part shape/strength/design. I don't know whether you work on your Jeep at all, or how long you've been doing it, but items tend to start looking different after a couple years. I had
done a wheel bearing replacement on my Jeep before, and had two completely different wheel bearing/hub assemblies. The sizes were the same, but the design of each was different as night and day. It happens.

edit: Also, Rock Auto, in offering to pay return shipping, is better than 85% of other online vendors already.

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #23
JDurkin1234
2000 TJ Wrangler 

spdcat01TJ

Awesome sig!

And the pint glass forces me to drink beer. I have to continue...

The Jeep forces me to spend money
Fantasy Football makes me go broke
Football games make me eat pizza
Cigars make my life insurance premium higer
Hot waitresses...wait...I"ll skip that one!

Sorry to hi-jack the thread.

Awesome sig!
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #24
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
I presume they were an old design and were clearing house for the new design parts. Same part number, different part shape/strength/design. I don't know whether you work on your Jeep at all, or how long you've been doing it, but items tend to start looking different after a couple years. I had
done a wheel bearing replacement on my Jeep before, and had two completely different wheel bearing/hub assemblies. The sizes were the same, but the design of each was different as night and day. It happens.

edit: Also, Rock Auto, in offering to pay return shipping, is better than 85% of other online vendors already.
Parts are quite often changed without the part number changing. It is quite possible and more than likely is the case in this situation. Clear out old one and when you run out the priec goes back to like it was.

And as said... most online vendors you would be forced to pay the return shipping, many sites state this right in there customer agreement that you agree to when you order. Many don't know it is there but it is.
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #25
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can't believe people are siding with the company that didn't send out the right parts and are now trying to back out of the original agreement. The parts are NOT out of stock, they are in stock if he pays the full price. This is BS and the BBB should absolutely be contacted if this is not corrected.
FreemasonJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #26
kiksroks
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I've had great experiences with Rock Auto. Honestly, that is not poor service and is a common stocking issue. They don't deserve a just for that.
This is a perfect example of ****ty service. And they deserve more than a thumbs down. I would be pissed.

Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #27
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I dunno guys. I've ordered from there many times.
One time I did have a problem where a draglink box had opened and a clamp fell out. I called them up and they sent one out to me, free. Got it next day (they're only a few hours from me) and was told to hold onto the old one for a week if they decided they wanted it back.

Cant complain. But honestly shipping problems happen and I've noticed that they'll have an item with two options, one is Original and one is the clearance. My assumption is the clearance is a damaged box or a return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #28
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

In my opinion, the OP has a legitimate gripe. RockAuto should step up & stand behind this, even if it results in a "loss" for them. In any business "Customer Service" is the key to being successful.

In defense of RockAuto, I have used them many times with no issues, not one. Even if this happened to me (and it certainly could) I would probably continue using them, unless a similar scenario played out again.

OP, I hope you get the exact parts you ordered, paid for, and expected to be delivered the first time. It would be the fairest solution, I think.

Best of luck.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #29
alex211
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I have used rockauto lot's of times and they are nice to me.
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #30
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicanJeepr View Post
I can't believe people are siding with the company that didn't send out the right parts and are now trying to back out of the original agreement. The parts are NOT out of stock, they are in stock if he pays the full price. This is BS and the BBB should absolutely be contacted if this is not corrected.
They are probably two different parts. Rockauto was probably trying to move OLD inventory (older design/style) in order to start selling the newer version. Clearance items are first come/first serve almost always. If a store runs out, that's unfortunate. I doubt their online stock showing is 100% accurate - who knows how often it is really updated. And with a company of that size, i'm sure they process many many orders. Them refunding shipping alone was a big step that most wouldn't take. While they shouldn't have picked a wrong item (I deal with this daily at my job - it's easier to pick a wrong item then it is to explain it's out of stock), they are doing their best.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.