RockAuto SUCKS!! I promissed them I would flame them. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > RockAuto SUCKS!! I promissed them I would flame them.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
mattz
2002 WJ 

RockAuto SUCKS!! I promissed them I would flame them.

So I need to do all 4 tie rods on my Jeep. I got a quote from Kolak that was very reasonable. ( I will now be ordering from him). Any way I want the Moogs because they are the best. So at the last moment I see Rockauto has a clearence on them. Like 14 bucks each for moogs cant go wrong with that. So I order them and a week later they show up. Well they shipped me the wrong ones the ones I recieved were Mevotech. No grease fittings and regular priced half the cost of the moogs. Certainly a lower quality part. I look on the invoice and the parts were picked wrong. I called Rockauto to tell them and they said no problem send them back and they will pay shipping and resend me the correct parts. Seems good to me since shipping was 32.00.
I ship them back and then get a call telling me that they are now out of stock on the clearence ones. They give me two options 1 a full refund or I can reorder the parts at full cost 31.00. They have the parts I ordered in stock (just not the clearence price) and they will not do anything on there end to fix a mistake that was certainly there fault. At least I do get my money back but come on this is a big company that should stand behind its customer service. So maybe its just me but I am done ever dealing with Rockauto I would recommend people order there parts elseware.

I know this was long winded but I am pissed of and had to vent.

ROCKAUTO YOU GET FROM ME

Unread 01-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
wes97
1998 XJ Cherokee 

thats pretty messed up. ive ordered from them a few times with no problems. sorry to hear that
wes97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've had great experiences with Rock Auto. Honestly, that is not poor service and is a common stocking issue. They don't deserve a just for that.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I've had great experiences with Rock Auto. Honestly, that is not poor service and is a common stocking issue. They don't deserve a just for that.
I can see this going awry quickly, but heregoes...

While that is a "common stocking issue" among companies with these types of sales, that IS, in fact, poor service. Back to the whole contract thing and getting "the wrong part" (see this crazy long thread), the bottom line is that he purchased partA at the agreed price and they sent him partB. Regardless of ANY other facts, they should make whatever arrangements necessary to get partB back to them and partA to the OP, without any further payment on his part.
They will give him partA, but not at the price originally agreed on. That is the wrong. Technically, they have yet to fulfill that initial agreement in the first place.

I know first instinct for some JF'ers is to jump in and defend the company, whether it be that there is no spokesperson here to tell their side and the JF'ers feel someone should, or they are just trolling jerkfaces. Regardless, look at the raw basics of this situation and it becomes quite clear.

http://thesportsaffiliate.com/wp-con...0907-ufc88.gif
Big_Fisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
motown2
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i ordered mj shocks for the rear of my xj (lifted 2 "). They sent GMC jimmy shocks about 4 inches too short. Shipping to NY area is about 2 days. But at least they manned up to it.
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

They sold you the part, they're obligated to deliver the item they sold you for that price.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." Major General James Mattis, USMC

"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" Thomas Jefferson
Jake03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

^ what he said...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe the part was already on backorder/not available when he placed the order. RockAuto is basically loading someone elses 'part database'. You can find them on MANY online parts vendors using very similar setups. Unfortunately while it makes for cheap parts many times it also can make for problems like this being created. Their supplier dropped a 'clearance' on some moog parts and I bet they were gone pretty quick and your order was not able to be fulfilled. Somethere there grabbed the wrong part instead.

It sucks to be in that situation directly but I don't think they should suddenly give you 1/2 priced parts because of that. They offered a full refund and pay return shipping. So you are back to square one.

I use RockAuto for my wife's old Explorer and have had zero problems on 10+ orders. Quality parts at great prices and they offer discounts on the explorer forum. Cannot complain.
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

How do you figure? They should have checked their inventory before taking the man's money. The way I look at is, if they're going to commit to the sale, then they better be ready to stand behind it. Their response is unacceptable. I would call, and ask to speak to someone in customer service. It's real easy, they have scanning laws to protect you from this scenario. Ofcourse it's more difficult to handle, but it's worth getting the parts for half off.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." Major General James Mattis, USMC

"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" Thomas Jefferson
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Then again, I never let people get over me, and I'm not about to start. Hopefully you take my advice...

Unread 01-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake03TJ View Post
The way I look at is, if they're going to commit to the sale, then they better be ready to stand behind it.
As relevant as the rest of that post may have been, THIS is the key point. Irrefutable, undeniable, good-business-ethic 101.

http://thesportsaffiliate.com/wp-con...0907-ufc88.gif
Big_Fisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
mattz
2002 WJ 

When I told Rockauto about the mix up I was told by 2 of there reps that they would ship out the correct parts. Also when I realized that they shipped me the wrong parts I looked online and they still were showing stock.(last friday) They did not go pick the order until they saw movement on the UPS tracking #. (Monday) If my order had of all gone right I would be very pleased. I think a companys true colors are tested when they have to deal with mix ups and there ability to resolve an issue. I sent an E-mail to the company president to let him know what was going on and tried to get him on the phone but was unable to get a response from him.
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I hope you saved those emails. If they seaid that they would send the correct parts at no extra cost then you have them by the balls. I belive you should contact the BBB if the president doesn't reply within 5 days.

Unread 01-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #14
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

I buy all of my stock parts from Rock Auto. You, O.P., clearly don't have a clue how clearance items work.

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #15
mattz
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
I buy all of my stock parts from Rock Auto. You, O.P., clearly don't have a clue how clearance items work.
Then why dont you fill me in on what I am missing.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.