Rockauto.com alert!!!- - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Rockauto.com alert!!!-

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
leadfootny
1996 ZJ 

Rockauto.com alert!!!-

Hey all,
I just wanted to make everyone aware of a small scam that rock auto is doing. If you buy a radiator from them, they offer 3 different ones. They are supposedly of different qualities. However, the Visteon radiator, which is supposed to be the best one they sell, is nothing more than a repackaging of their cheapest radiator, which is a $35 difference. How do I know this? Well, the box that the radiator came in, had a sticker underneath the one marking it as a Visteon, which was the other brand (spectra premium). Also, the radiator itself was stamped with the cheaper model number. When I called rock auto, it was apparent that they were aware of the situation, and offered me a 10% rebate back on my purchase price. Unfortunately, I still am losing 20 bucks on the deal. Just wanted to make people aware. Spread the word!
Sean

Unread 10-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
JBN311
2004 WJ 

thanks...sorry you learned the hard way though.....
JBN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

They've been great with everything that I've ordered from them. I can get Moog chassis parts from them much cheaper than I can locally.
Unread 10-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
nashmd454
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBN311
thanks...sorry you learned the hard way though.....
yeah sorry for you too...I found out that way with them too...I don't like them nor will I ever do buisness with them....my 2 cents
If GOD gave HIS only son for us...can't we at least give HIM an hour of our time a day.

[URL]http://photobucket.com/albums/v639/nashmd454[/URL]

[url]http://groups.jeepforum.com/The_Dark_Side[/url]
nashmd454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.