robery, little bastards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > robery, little bastards

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-06-2002, 10:45 PM   #1
Rockwall

robery, little bastards

took off my hard roof yesterday, i figured out a way to stop someone from stealing my 2 12" and amp,
just thought I'd share it with you,
I had tken the back seat off for room for the subs, so i put an MDF wooden panel over where the back seat used to go, and to make sure of security, bolted everything to the body with stove head screws(screws which are made only to be screwed in and are mechanically stripped to stop anyone from unsrcewing them), plus the box it made increased the deapth of the bass.
so who ever wants to steal my subs or amp = good luck

Rockwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2002, 10:51 PM   #2
AllanAlxndr

quote:
Originally posted by fred:
took off my hard roof yesterday, i figured out a way to stop someone from stealing my 2 12" and amp,
just thought I'd share it with you,
I had tken the back seat off for room for the subs, so i put an MDF wooden panel over where the back seat used to go, and to make sure of security, bolted everything to the body with stove head screws(screws which are made only to be screwed in and are mechanically stripped to stop anyone from unsrcewing them), plus the box it made increased the deapth of the bass.
so who ever wants to steal my subs or amp = good luck

Do you have any pictures...

Allan

*'90 Wrangler*
*4 Banger*
*6" of lift, (4" suspension, 2" body)*
*33" ATs on Outlaw II's*
*Pioneer DEH3500/CD deck*
*1800WATT Amp w/ Custom Box*
*2 - 8" Rockford Fosgate HEs*
*Cobra 18WXSTII w/ 4' Firestik Antenna*

Member of Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
AllanAlxndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2002, 11:20 PM   #3
evilpsych

what if they show up with a cordless skilsaw and just cut the box apart?

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2002, 09:38 AM   #4
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

quote:

anyone that ambitious DESERVES those subs. Lol.........thats one hell of a set up tho

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2002, 01:38 PM   #5
Deathdealer

You have your amps enclosed in a box??? Does it get enough cooling?
Black '98 TJ 4.0 Sport, Teraflex 2.5", JKS 1" BL, Currie 1" MML, Dana 30/Ford 8.8, AA HD SYE, Teraflex QD, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, Poorboy Front & Rear Bumpers (w/ Swingout), JCR Offroad Rocker Guards, Garvin Trail Rack, Borla Header, 305/70/16 BFG MT/KMs, [B]-Go Bruins![/B]
[B]Black Jeep Club #666[/B]
Deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2002, 07:13 PM   #6
biguglymudrs

If i seen anyone touching my jeep and my system o I would blow a gasket I would grad a brick and beeat them with it. I am liek 6'6" and liek 210 so I was freak out espically if they had it in there hands
biguglymudrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2002, 09:12 PM   #7
Rockwall

quote:

well i guess if you want to go to extremes...

quote:
You have your amps enclosed in a box??? Does it get enough cooling?
yeah it seams to, its wedged between the two sub boxes (my subs are in two seperated boxes for beeter bass) and the body of the jeep.

Ill try to get pics up as soon as it get sunny and hot.
Unread 04-16-2002, 01:07 PM   #8
Deathdealer

I would like to see the pics when you get them.
Black '98 TJ 4.0 Sport, Teraflex 2.5", JKS 1" BL, Currie 1" MML, Dana 30/Ford 8.8, AA HD SYE, Teraflex QD, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, Poorboy Front & Rear Bumpers (w/ Swingout), JCR Offroad Rocker Guards, Garvin Trail Rack, Borla Header, 305/70/16 BFG MT/KMs, [B]-Go Bruins![/B]
[B]Black Jeep Club #666[/B]
Deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2002, 03:42 PM   #9
KG4PAM

if you want to take the risk, another way to "deter" theives would be to hook up a high power capacitor- one side to metal speaker grille, one side to jeep body... charge that sucker to two or three hundred volts at 500-1000 milliamps and yyyyeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaawwwwwww!!!!! theyll wish they never grabbed that speaker after they wake up on the ground about twenty feet away! [Eek!]
KG4PAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2002, 06:46 PM   #10
kbeckman

I like the fish hook deterent.

Mount some stainless fish hooks under everything, and screw them down tight. Make them invisible from the top, so anyone who messes with it, get a fish hook in the finger, and has to rip out some flesh to get their hand back.

Who cares what they take then...........
kbeckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2002, 11:15 AM   #11
jenn2112

Someone broke into my cherokee 5 days ago. They broke the back vent window and tried to take my Kenwood but just ended up removing the trim piece and scratching up my painted center dash. Amateurs. I have since fixed the window & installed an alarm. I know it won't deter the real thieves but it will make the punks go away.
jenn2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2002, 07:47 PM   #12
Rockwall

alarms cut 50% about of your chances to ge something stolen in your jeep, but if someone realy wants something a knows how to do it the hell get it. I have a viper movement sensor alarm on my yj coz with the top down its too easy to steal stuff.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.