Road Biking - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Road Biking

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #76
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quick story. This morning I was riding and cab pulled to the side while I was only about four feet behind it (he cut me off, more or less). I was riding along it and out of nowhere a door flew open and smashed into my left arm and handlebar. I nearly fell but was able to hit my brakes and gather myself. My arm is really sore, handlebar dented. It scared the living **** out of me, and I can only be thankful that I wasn't going over 10mph. The woman who opened the door on me was extremely apologetic and asked if I was OK; at first I was in shock and kind of just stared her down, but then responded that I'm OK and it wasn't her fault at all...then just kept riding away. **** hurt. I guess it wasn't entirely smart to ride along the right side of a cab, but he had literally pulled in front of me no more than four seconds before I rode along his side. I really wasn't expecting a door to fly open, or was at least expecting the driver to warn his passenger that I was coming on her side. He did cut me off, after all.

Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #77
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ahhh the NY cabbies, I would have flipped out. I (thank god) have never been doored but I usually stick to the west side bike path. Just remember to stick to the on street bike path if you can, but if you can't, you do have the same rights as drivers in the road, just be careful.
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #78
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It was a great night for a sunset bike ride. I did 13.75 miles in 58.4 minutes, at an average speed of 14.06 mph, and my top speed was 27.05 mph....this is on my MTB.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #79
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterdays after work bike ride: 13.91miles, in 1:03:21, 13.17mph average speed, 27.49 max speed, and the wind was a killer.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 08-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #80
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I inherited my dad's Colnago when he passed. I'll never ride it (too small) but cant break the emotional attatchment I have with it either.

Not the actual bike, but same frame and paintjob:
img_7153.jpg  

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #81
Friday128
1997 ZJ 

I havent ridden in 2 months because of work schedule and a new baby. Now everytime i think about going out i read another news story about a car hitting a cyclist in this area (VA beach). Hopefully i can get some miles on it soon
Friday128 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #82
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday128 View Post
I havent ridden in 2 months because of work schedule and a new baby. Now everytime i think about going out i read another news story about a car hitting a cyclist in this area (VA beach). Hopefully i can get some miles on it soon
The only place near Hampton Roads that I'd ride a road bike on is the trail through the Great Dismal Swamp. NO CARS THERE

http://www.fws.gov/northeast/greatdismalswamp/

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #83
Friday128
1997 ZJ 

Is there a good bunch of roads in that area? Im new to VA but I have been up to Williamsburg and seen the trails up there, reminds me of WA a lot.
Chicago and LA are better to ride in than VA Beach. People here are just plain stupid at driving.
Friday128 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #84
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Get off the couch! I did today, it's been about a week since my last ride.

Today's bike ride: 13.66 miles, in 1 hour @ an average speed of 13.52 mph, and a top speed of 24.07 mph.

Unread 08-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #85
saxart
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've been working on a project for riding during some of the nicer winter days we get here in Wisconsin. While it isn't a race bike (heavy steel frame) it will keep my nicer road-bike off the salty roads...

1983 Nishiki (Mine from when I was 13) transformed into a winter bike:

I started by getting a tune up and new rims.

...and studded tires for winter riding:

More to come....

'99 Wrangler Sport: 2.5" Old Man Emo lift and shocks, adjustable trackbars, Quick-Disko sway links, rollin on 31" BFG A/Ts
saxart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #86
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I rode 12.38 miles today, in 50 minutes and 54 seconds, with a top speed of 24.61 mph, and an average speed of 14.59 mph. The wind kind of sucked, but the ride felt good, despite the return of the heat.

Unread 08-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #87
nwiTJdave

I have not rode in over a month. I may start running sand dunes once a week as now I'm taking 18 credit hours and working 35 hrs a week. Fml

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #88
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Only had time for a sprint ride tonight. I got in 5.37 miles, in 20 minutes, at an average speed of 15.82 mph, and a top speed of 24.07 mph....and the wind sucked.

Unread 08-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #89
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just managed to get in 7.72 miles, in 34 minutes, at an average speed of 13.35 mph and a top speed of 20.13 mph...as soon as I got a block from the house it started to rain, add the freaking wind to that and 34 minutes was plenty...lol.

Unread 09-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #90
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The wind has kept me from riding as much as I'd like to lately, but today I decided to heck with the wind, I'm riding. I managed 13.08 miles, in 1 hour 6 minutes, avg. speed: 13.05 mph, max speed: 24.07 mph, wind speed: 14 mph, the wind did slow me down a bit, and at times almost stopped me. The riding season is going to be getting colder, windier and darker here real quick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.