Road Biking - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Road Biking

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #46
nwiTJdave

Well 10 mins after posting about storms we got 70mph winds and hail. Glad I wasn't on the bike.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #47
DeadManWalking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had total knee replacement surgery the 23rd of May and am starting rehab on my trainer. I can get 360 degrees but the last 20 or 30 hurts like a bi*ch. Twice a day I work it and I am seeing improvement but I'm ready to ride NOW! The docs just keep telling me time and patience.
Unread 06-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #48
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadManWalking
I had total knee replacement surgery the 23rd of May and am starting rehab on my trainer. I can get 360 degrees but the last 20 or 30 hurts like a bi*ch. Twice a day I work it and I am seeing improvement but I'm ready to ride NOW! The docs just keep telling me time and patience.
Ouch...good luck with the recovery!
Unread 06-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #49
Friday128
1997 ZJ 

dont ride in virginia beach. Originally im from WA and I would ride about 150 miles a week until my bike was stolen so I resorted to spin classes (the teacher would ride with me for about 3 hours 3 days a week inbetween classes, she was crazy). Then I rode for a while in San Diego/Coronado and had no problems. Then I get here to virginia beach and ive already had to call the cops on one person harassing me while riding and another car completely rear ended me, and I almost lost it when a car made a left turn into me. I was able to swerve out of the way and avoided getting run over.
First bike was a cannondale 1000 and now I ride a Trek 1.2. Id like to upgrade to a 3.1 because I try to ride 200 a week, but its just more money and ill probably get hit again.
BTW once you leave this 15 mile radius of the beach the drivers are fine. But reading the news people always get hit out here, either by the cars or by their mirrors.
Friday128 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #50
DeadManWalking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
Ouch...good luck with the recovery!
Thanks, just got off the bike after 5 minutes of trying to round out my square pedal stroke. This is going to take some work and time.
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #51
nwiTJdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday128
dont ride in virginia beach. Originally im from WA and I would ride about 150 miles a week until my bike was stolen so I resorted to spin classes (the teacher would ride with me for about 3 hours 3 days a week inbetween classes, she was crazy). Then I rode for a while in San Diego/Coronado and had no problems. Then I get here to virginia beach and ive already had to call the cops on one person harassing me while riding and another car completely rear ended me, and I almost lost it when a car made a left turn into me. I was able to swerve out of the way and avoided getting run over.
First bike was a cannondale 1000 and now I ride a Trek 1.2. Id like to upgrade to a 3.1 because I try to ride 200 a week, but its just more money and ill probably get hit again.
BTW once you leave this 15 mile radius of the beach the drivers are fine. But reading the news people always get hit out here, either by the cars or by their mirrors.
Atlantic ave is a mess. It's scary crossing the street even most days.

On a side note you really should check out blue pete's. Great restaurant right outside va beach.

Unread 06-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #52
nwiTJdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadManWalking

Thanks, just got off the bike after 5 minutes of trying to round out my square pedal stroke. This is going to take some work and time.
In time you'll be good to go. Dont over do it now though, you may cause more damage again. Best of luck on your recovery!

Unread 07-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #53
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Once the storm was done I managed to get in a ride. I decided to go out for an hour, despite the wind. Here's how I did: Time: 1:00:04, avg speed: 14 mph, max speed: 24.6 mph, distance: 14.27 miles.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #54
mjmurphy926
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Getting over a cold. Short Sunday Ride in Castle Rock, CO in 90 degree heat. 13.31 miles in 48'20" a fairly slow 16.5 mph avg with top speed of 30.0 mph
mjmurphy926 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #55
nwiTJdave

Ugh tonight sucked....

10.72 miles at a 17.72mph pace 37m23secs

Way too hot out there.

Current Real Feel temp is 97*

Unread 07-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #56
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Today's bike ride: Time: 51:23, Distance: 12.10 miles, Avg. Speed: 14.13 mph, Max Speed: 24.71 mph. The first 6 miles was pretty much up hill and took 28 minutes, coming back was a lot easier, and faster.

It was 82*, felt like 92* when I finished @ 8:30pm. 86% humidity! That's with the sun going down......

PS.....remember, I'm on a MTB too.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 07-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #57
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's 93 degrees, feels like 106, bike ride? You bet! Time: 48:38, Distance: 10.11 miles, Avg. Speed: 12.47 mph, Max. Speed: 25.72 mph. Wind: Sucked. Pool: Here I come.

Unread 07-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #58
diddy2003
1984 CJ7 

Took the Focus out for a rip today. Pretty hot. Probably was about 94 today I think. Did 30 miles almost on the dot, 29.8 to be exact. 17.0 mph avg with a 39.6 mph top speed. Took me 1 hour and 46 minutes. I drank so much water it was crazy. I actually had to stop and buy a Gatorade. I was dying.
diddy2003 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #59
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can't help but wonder how much better (faster / further) my rides would be on a road bike.

Unread 07-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #60
diddy2003
1984 CJ7 

What kind of tires are on the mtn bike? Even street tires on the bike would make a huge difference. Everything makes a big different with bikes. I went from a steel pinarello to a full carbon focus. Huge difference. The effort required is less and now my speed has gone up. Going from a mtn bike would be like night and day. Check out CL and pick up a road bike if you enjoy riding. You will be happy you did. The reason I bought the focus was that I got a crazy deal. I am very happy I did.
diddy2003 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.