Road Biking - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Road Biking

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 06-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
MallCrawling
1997 TJ Wrangler 

65 miles today average speed 16 mph wohoo!! My grandpa and I ride together, and although he averages slightly slow than I, it's very rewarding for both of us to ride together

Here's a picture of us from the other day: (me on the left, my grandpa on the right)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Unread 06-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #32
Keith
Admin

I commute to work so that's road biking but I'm not hardcore. Started riding this one last week. 6.7 Van Moof.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #33
mjmurphy926
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Road biking is AWESOME! I don't get quite as much saddle time as I would like, but I still managed to get about 2500 miles in last year and I hope to better that this year. I love my Cervelo:
cervelo_rs_1.jpg  
mjmurphy926 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #34
nwiTJdave

I rode 0 miles tonight. Not feeling motivated so I drank several beers instead. Average speed if 3.5 beers an hour for 3 hours

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #35
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave
I rode 0 miles tonight. Not feeling motivated so I drank several beers instead. Average speed if 3.5 beers an hour for 3 hours
I worked out at 5am....decided to pass on the afternoon bike ride. Took a ride in the Jeep and a dip in the pool.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #36
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Heyy guys! I ride everyday up and down New York City. Still haven't ridden tip to tip (I'm on the lower tip) but soon! Here's my rides black one is a single speed, the klieg is a TT
image-914096614.jpg   image-1875633635.jpg  
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #37
nwiTJdave

What does that klein weigh?

Unread 06-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #38
nwiTJdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmurphy926
Road biking is AWESOME! I don't get quite as much saddle time as I would like, but I still managed to get about 2500 miles in last year and I hope to better that this year. I love my Cervelo:
Puuuurdy

Unread 06-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #39
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwitjdave
what does that klein weigh?
14I think. It's small 650s. A bit to small for me but it's fast as ****.

Edit: looks like the bike is stock at 18lbs but with the zip wheels and components I imagine it is a bit lighter.
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
nwiTJdave

Nice. My multi- millionaire boss called my 21lb bike way too heavy and all his friends bikes are all carbon fiber blah blah blah. I quickly responded asking for a significant raise to afford such an item and i would even put up riding with his friends. Well I'm still riding my trek sl1000 so guess that tells you what his answer was

Unread 06-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #41
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave
Nice. My multi- millionaire boss called my 21lb bike way too heavy and all his friends bikes are all carbon fiber blah blah blah. I quickly responded asking for a significant raise to afford such an item and i would even put up riding with his friends. Well I'm still riding my trek sl1000 so guess that tells you what his answer was
Haha yeah seriously if they want a really light ride tell them to go for a jog.
Unread 06-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #42
mjmurphy926
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
Yeah...Some people take themselves way too seriously. I'll bet he wears a flashy matching kit when he rides too.

My 2 rides are the 16 lb Cervelo I posted earlier and a low end Aluminum Cannondale Hardtail MTB that usually has a Burley trailer and a 33 lb kid attached. That's 31 lbs (bike) + 20 lbs (trailer) + 33 lb (kid) = 84lbs.

16 lbs vs 84 lbs. I have a blast on either rig, so don't listen to the bike snobs.

I will say though, the 16 lb bike is a bit faster.
mjmurphy926 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #43
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's 96 degrees, feels like 109 degrees...to ride or not to ride, that is the question.

UPDATE: I decided to ride: 10.15 miles, time: 45:18, max speed: 20.13 mph, avg. speed: 13.32 mph. When I got home I took a dip in the pool.....felt so good.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #44
nwiTJdave

We've got thunderstorms approaching here. No ride for second nite in a row. The heat does suck though!

Unread 06-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #45
nwiTJdave

And my boss doesn't ride. Luckily I don't have to listen to him too much as they travel 11 months of the year. He sold one of his businesses for a very very lucrative amount. Now he just collects his profits from the shop plus several other businesses he owns.

I've had the pleasure of meeting some of his friends and too be honest you could not pay me to hang out with them. One his neighbor's is pretty cool though and is a radio show host in the area on an am station but he doesn't ride just throws some killer parties.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.