Road Biking - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Road Biking

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #16
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got in 16.53 miles today. Avg Speed: 13.13 mph, Max Speed 21.92 mph, total time 1:15:31. Quite a few climbs today, along with a little wind.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
nwiTJdave

21.8 miles today on a bike trail. Total time was 1 hr 21mins. It was my first time and last time on that trail. By the time you get into a comfortable groove you were at a stop sign and had to wait for traffic which gave me good practice at clipping back in while in a hurry to not get run over. It was nice however to be away from a road and not worry about cars getting close to you. Next weekend if the weather holds out will be a 72mile ride.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #18
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
21.8 miles today on a bike trail. Total time was 1 hr 21mins. It was my first time and last time on that trail. By the time you get into a comfortable groove you were at a stop sign and had to wait for traffic which gave me good practice at clipping back in while in a hurry to not get run over. It was nice however to be away from a road and not worry about cars getting close to you. Next weekend if the weather holds out will be a 72mile ride.
I wan't to do 20 miles today, but the route I took work out like I thought it would and I didn't want to back track.

72 mile ride? Is it a charity thing, race or just for the heck of it?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 06-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
nwiTJdave

Just for the heck of it. I'm riding down to fair oaks farm and back.

If you ever head out to the dunes state park bring your bike and ride the calumet trail. Supposed to be a pretty good trail (its just a gravel trail that runs 18 miles round trip http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calumet_Trail )

Unread 06-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
nwiTJdave

How do you like the my tracks app? I use mapmyride and really like it

Unread 06-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How do you like the my tracks app? I use mapmyride and really like it
The "my tracks" app is pretty cool, I haven't used mapmyride, so I can't say if it's better or not. I like how you can play your ride back on google earth and see where you went...it's pretty cool.

Unread 06-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #22
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Today's bike ride: 20.16 miles, time: 1:33:38, avg speed: 12.92 mph, max speed: 24.07 mph, max grade: 10.1%.....it seems as if the entire ride was up hill.

Unread 06-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #23
nwiTJdave

10.98 miles today. Average speed 15.3 mph 42 mins 44 seconds. Would have went further but didn't leave home until 745 and it was starting to get dark out and i hate riding in the dark.

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I won't ride in the dark either. I got back at 7:15 pm. The up coming heat should be fun.

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #25
nwiTJdave

110 heat index on Thursday! FML! I'm probably not going to ride then. Friday looks to be back in the 80's at least.

I'm trying to plan a weekend ride somewhere and camp for a night and ride back. Im thinking 60-70 miles each way but when i am leaving my wife will be out of town so she won't be able to come bail me out if I pass out along side a road.

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #26
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking 5am rides are coming up, instead of 5pm rides.

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #27
nwiTJdave

5 am no longer exists in my world. If i did a 5 am ride I would just ride the 25 miles to work and then i would have to ride home which wouldn't be a bad idea but i don't think my office would appreciate seeing me in spandex shorts all day lol

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave
5 am no longer exists in my world. If i did a 5 am ride I would just ride the 25 miles to work and then i would have to ride home which wouldn't be a bad idea but i don't think my office would appreciate seeing me in spandex shorts all day lol
No spandex! I'm up at 5am every morning doing P90X, which is almost over, so I may switch to morning rides. I just have to walk out my front door @ 8am and I'm working.

Unread 06-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #29
nwiTJdave

I need all the aerodynamicy (spelling if that is even a word) I can get lol. Plus my seat isnt very comfy so the pads in them help some.

Unread 06-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #30
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Plus my seat isnt very comfy so the pads in them help some.
I have a gell pad on my seat, but I still want some *** padding....but I think I'll opt of the MTB shorts, where the spandex is hidden under the shorts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.