By request, building Bard, a build thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 106 Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
bradthebard
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alpha centari
Posts: 3,068
Hey, y'all! Been a while since I posted anything new. We moved to town and the cabin got run down a bit and it has weighed on the back of my mind for a while. I reached the point in the story where the tale begins winding down, where we started moving into the leaving it time and it got difficult to write. I hated going and, even though there were loads of mistakes and it had serious problems, leaving the woods and going to town hurt.

Well, it is coming full circle. My freind, just leaving a nasty divorce and broke with his credit toiletized (thanks to his now ex) has moved in to the cabin and is slowly working to rebuild it (and doing a hell of a job). His time and effort bringing it back up to speed is his rent.

My wife is wanting to go back to school now. This presents a problem. The house in town is too expensive to maintain and pay for on one paycheck. Well, to make a long story short, I deviously led her line of thinking around and let her come to the conclusions all on her own and, after a good long while of figgerin' and calculating and thinking real hard about options, I have drafted the initial plans for a small cabin to be built on the front three acres of my land that we will live in. I expect to spend about ten thousand dollars on it and, if all goes according to plan, we will move in early next summer after we sell the house in town. You will soon begin to see entries telling the tale in great detail of the construction of Bard's House, episode II, A New Hope!

Looking forward to sharing my hammerin' with you all!

2000greenTJ
1954 CJ3B


"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 106 Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 PM
mgramann
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Hey, y'all! Been a while since I posted anything new. We moved to town and the cabin got run down a bit and it has weighed on the back of my mind for a while. I reached the point in the story where the tale begins winding down, where we started moving into the leaving it time and it got difficult to write. I hated going and, even though there were loads of mistakes and it had serious problems, leaving the woods and going to town hurt.

Well, it is coming full circle. My freind, just leaving a nasty divorce and broke with his credit toiletized (thanks to his now ex) has moved in to the cabin and is slowly working to rebuild it (and doing a hell of a job). His time and effort bringing it back up to speed is his rent.

My wife is wanting to go back to school now. This presents a problem. The house in town is too expensive to maintain and pay for on one paycheck. Well, to make a long story short, I deviously led her line of thinking around and let her come to the conclusions all on her own and, after a good long while of figgerin' and calculating and thinking real hard about options, I have drafted the initial plans for a small cabin to be built on the front three acres of my land that we will live in. I expect to spend about ten thousand dollars on it and, if all goes according to plan, we will move in early next summer after we sell the house in town. You will soon begin to see entries telling the tale in great detail of the construction of Bard's House, episode II, A New Hope!

Looking forward to sharing my hammerin' with you all!
Awesome! I look forward to it!

My wife and I are in the process of a re-evaluation leading to a woodsy relocation, so I know where you are coming from!
mgramann is offline  
post #93 of 106 Old 08-10-2010, 02:13 PM
mJUSTINm
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Redondo Beach
Posts: 2,275
Amazing story.

-Justin
mJUSTINm is offline  
post #94 of 106 Old 08-15-2010, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
bradthebard
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alpha centari
Posts: 3,068
Quote:
The place is beginning a metamorphosis. Too long it sat, uninhabited, unloved, unkept. In the deep woods the slow decay of time had begun to take hold and bring the little cabin back to the place we all return to in the end. Thankfully it was not to be just yet. Mike has begun work that will bring it back to life.
The cabin will be his now. After a rough time he found himself in need of a place to find himself again and this is it. It feels right.


..................

2000greenTJ
1954 CJ3B


"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is offline  
post #95 of 106 Old 08-27-2012, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
bradthebard
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alpha centari
Posts: 3,068
Feels so long ago....

I just stumbled on this. Wow. Feels like a million years ago when this was written. I am still not back at the cabin and life has changed so much.

In a fallout that had its genisis in leaving the cabin that I sweated and bled to build, my marriage ended last year. It was billed as amicable but who was I kidding. "Amicable divorce" is an oxymornon.

A man needs someone who will work beside him, not someone happy to reap the benifits but never work to help achieve them. I convinced myself it was fine for years and then reached a breaking point. In the original postings it is no accident that my then wife was rarely mentioned. She was rarely there.

I ended up with the house in town that I am still wanting to try and sell (if the market picks back up enough to do so) and the ex got the cabin, which is being rented out. I haven't been there in eight months and I choke up a little at the thought of seeing the place again.

I have found a new companion, though I seriously doubt I will ever marry again. We are kicking around plans to start the process over again, only without the many mistakes I made last time.

Maybe I will write that book after all....

2000greenTJ
1954 CJ3B


"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is offline  
post #96 of 106 Old 08-27-2012, 12:46 PM
mgramann
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 2,906
It is really good to hear from you again Bard! I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out with the marriage-I was wondering where you had disappeared to. I'm sure it won't be too long, and you will have more stories to tell!
mgramann is offline  
post #97 of 106 Old 08-27-2012, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
bradthebard
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alpha centari
Posts: 3,068
we are making plans already. I have to get back to the woods. Living in town is sucking my soul and killing my mojo.

2000greenTJ
1954 CJ3B


"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is offline  
post #98 of 106 Old 08-27-2012, 02:25 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Thank you for updating this thread. I read your story and you Sir, are an inspiration. I am still looking for my own piece of ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #99 of 106 Old 08-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Ih8Hondas
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bethel
Posts: 398
Yep. Definitely needs to be put into book form.

1998 Jeep XJ: 4.0, AX15
2006 Yamaha YZ250: Stock
Ih8Hondas is offline  
post #100 of 106 Old 08-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Budke
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kingsland
Posts: 1,597
You ,sir, are indeed an inspiration. You are the manliest of men, without a doubt. If your story were put into book form, I would undoubtedly read it, and I've only ever read 5 books front to back, 4 of which I HAD to read for school.

04 TJ- Short Bus. It's got some stuff.


Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline  
post #101 of 106 Old 08-27-2012, 07:47 PM
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,532
I don't always build a log cabin in the woods, but when I do I draw inspiration form bard


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline  
post #102 of 106 Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Ross
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,494
If anybody is looking to build a cabin I got a few acres for sale in MO, where the sky is blue and budget is balanced.

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd
Ross is online now  
post #103 of 106 Old 08-28-2012, 03:36 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
How many is a few? Where exactly in MO? Any restrictions on the land? Asking price? How high is the water table? Timber on the land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #104 of 106 Old 08-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Balvar24
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rock Ridge
Posts: 5,168
To heck with the cabin. What happened to the 3b?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
Balvar24 is offline  
post #105 of 106 Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Ross
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
How many is a few? Where exactly in MO? Any restrictions on the land? Asking price? How high is the water table? Timber on the land?
3 acres,

1 mile from the south gate of Fort Leonard Wood,

no restrictions, it is in Pulaski county so it isn't enough land for a lagoon you will have to have a spectic system,

$11,500 asking price, not sure about the water level but there a water line across the street, much less then digging a well.

it is mostly wooded but there is an area cleared










01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd
Ross is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Which avatar is better? I'm talking to you BARD! mgramann General Discussion 25 01-15-2010 10:54 AM
Prayer Request Thread noflacko Politics, Religion & Controversy 5 05-19-2009 10:12 AM
What ever happened to that thread over at Pirate about the guy building... TheMightyGoat General Discussion 1 07-12-2008 02:41 AM
Lawn Tractor Build-up Thread BRad704 General Discussion 11 10-20-2006 10:29 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome