By request, building Bard, a build thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > By request, building Bard, a build thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 08-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #91
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, y'all! Been a while since I posted anything new. We moved to town and the cabin got run down a bit and it has weighed on the back of my mind for a while. I reached the point in the story where the tale begins winding down, where we started moving into the leaving it time and it got difficult to write. I hated going and, even though there were loads of mistakes and it had serious problems, leaving the woods and going to town hurt.

Well, it is coming full circle. My freind, just leaving a nasty divorce and broke with his credit toiletized (thanks to his now ex) has moved in to the cabin and is slowly working to rebuild it (and doing a hell of a job). His time and effort bringing it back up to speed is his rent.

My wife is wanting to go back to school now. This presents a problem. The house in town is too expensive to maintain and pay for on one paycheck. Well, to make a long story short, I deviously led her line of thinking around and let her come to the conclusions all on her own and, after a good long while of figgerin' and calculating and thinking real hard about options, I have drafted the initial plans for a small cabin to be built on the front three acres of my land that we will live in. I expect to spend about ten thousand dollars on it and, if all goes according to plan, we will move in early next summer after we sell the house in town. You will soon begin to see entries telling the tale in great detail of the construction of Bard's House, episode II, A New Hope!

Looking forward to sharing my hammerin' with you all!

"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens
tales from the bard side
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #92
mgramann
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Hey, y'all! Been a while since I posted anything new. We moved to town and the cabin got run down a bit and it has weighed on the back of my mind for a while. I reached the point in the story where the tale begins winding down, where we started moving into the leaving it time and it got difficult to write. I hated going and, even though there were loads of mistakes and it had serious problems, leaving the woods and going to town hurt.

Well, it is coming full circle. My freind, just leaving a nasty divorce and broke with his credit toiletized (thanks to his now ex) has moved in to the cabin and is slowly working to rebuild it (and doing a hell of a job). His time and effort bringing it back up to speed is his rent.

My wife is wanting to go back to school now. This presents a problem. The house in town is too expensive to maintain and pay for on one paycheck. Well, to make a long story short, I deviously led her line of thinking around and let her come to the conclusions all on her own and, after a good long while of figgerin' and calculating and thinking real hard about options, I have drafted the initial plans for a small cabin to be built on the front three acres of my land that we will live in. I expect to spend about ten thousand dollars on it and, if all goes according to plan, we will move in early next summer after we sell the house in town. You will soon begin to see entries telling the tale in great detail of the construction of Bard's House, episode II, A New Hope!

Looking forward to sharing my hammerin' with you all!
Awesome! I look forward to it!

My wife and I are in the process of a re-evaluation leading to a woodsy relocation, so I know where you are coming from!
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #93
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Amazing story.
Unread 08-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #94
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The place is beginning a metamorphosis. Too long it sat, uninhabited, unloved, unkept. In the deep woods the slow decay of time had begun to take hold and bring the little cabin back to the place we all return to in the end. Thankfully it was not to be just yet. Mike has begun work that will bring it back to life.
The cabin will be his now. After a rough time he found himself in need of a place to find himself again and this is it. It feels right.

"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens
tales from the bard side
Quote:
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #95
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Feels so long ago....

I just stumbled on this. Wow. Feels like a million years ago when this was written. I am still not back at the cabin and life has changed so much.

In a fallout that had its genisis in leaving the cabin that I sweated and bled to build, my marriage ended last year. It was billed as amicable but who was I kidding. "Amicable divorce" is an oxymornon.

A man needs someone who will work beside him, not someone happy to reap the benifits but never work to help achieve them. I convinced myself it was fine for years and then reached a breaking point. In the original postings it is no accident that my then wife was rarely mentioned. She was rarely there.

I ended up with the house in town that I am still wanting to try and sell (if the market picks back up enough to do so) and the ex got the cabin, which is being rented out. I haven't been there in eight months and I choke up a little at the thought of seeing the place again.

I have found a new companion, though I seriously doubt I will ever marry again. We are kicking around plans to start the process over again, only without the many mistakes I made last time.

Maybe I will write that book after all....

tales from the bard side
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #96
mgramann
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It is really good to hear from you again Bard! I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out with the marriage-I was wondering where you had disappeared to. I'm sure it won't be too long, and you will have more stories to tell!
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #97
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

we are making plans already. I have to get back to the woods. Living in town is sucking my soul and killing my mojo.

tales from the bard side
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #98
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you for updating this thread. I read your story and you Sir, are an inspiration. I am still looking for my own piece of ground.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #99
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yep. Definitely needs to be put into book form.
Unread 08-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #100
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You ,sir, are indeed an inspiration. You are the manliest of men, without a doubt. If your story were put into book form, I would undoubtedly read it, and I've only ever read 5 books front to back, 4 of which I HAD to read for school.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #101
nwiTJdave

I don't always build a log cabin in the woods, but when I do I draw inspiration form bard

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #102
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If anybody is looking to build a cabin I got a few acres for sale in MO, where the sky is blue and budget is balanced.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #103
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How many is a few? Where exactly in MO? Any restrictions on the land? Asking price? How high is the water table? Timber on the land?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #104
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

To heck with the cabin. What happened to the 3b?
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #105
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
How many is a few? Where exactly in MO? Any restrictions on the land? Asking price? How high is the water table? Timber on the land?
3 acres,

1 mile from the south gate of Fort Leonard Wood,

no restrictions, it is in Pulaski county so it isn't enough land for a lagoon you will have to have a spectic system,

$11,500 asking price, not sure about the water level but there a water line across the street, much less then digging a well.

it is mostly wooded but there is an area cleared

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.