Repair Guide Recommendations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Repair Guide Recommendations?

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-02-2004, 07:29 AM   #1
rockon1202

Repair Guide Recommendations?

Any recommendations out there for Wrangler (TJ) repair guides: Chilton, Haynes, the Jeep Bible by Moses Ludel, or any of the books by Jim Allen? What do you guys recommend?

rockon1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:10 AM   #2
cptn_mrgn78
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would recommend the Factory Service Manual (its what I have). Its expensive but well worth it. Its more indepth than the others IHMO.

New: '05 Unlimited
cptn_mrgn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 12:27 PM   #3
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptn_mrgn78
I would recommend the Factory Service Manual (its what I have). Its expensive but well worth it. Its more indepth than the others IHMO.
ditto...get it on CD if possible...then you'll always have it, and can make a printed copy if you want...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 01:23 PM   #4
JKNIPE2000

i have the parts manual on cd, anyone have the service on cd that would be willing to ship a copy? i would be willing to make a copy for anyone who would like to donate to my jeep fund, and i would do the same for your copy. Jknipe2000 on paypal.
JKNIPE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:38 PM   #5
rockon1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKNIPE2000
i have the parts manual on cd, anyone have the service on cd that would be willing to ship a copy? i would be willing to make a copy for anyone who would like to donate to my jeep fund, and i would do the same for your copy. Jknipe2000 on paypal.
OK, sounds like that's the one to go with...but does it have any info it regarding mods? That's one of my main reasons for getting a repair/service guide. If it doesn't address mods, what is a good choice for a book that does?
rockon1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 08:12 PM   #6
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockon1202
OK, sounds like that's the one to go with...but does it have any info it regarding mods? That's one of my main reasons for getting a repair/service guide. If it doesn't address mods, what is a good choice for a book that does?
the FSM will address any system your jeep came with stock. but it won't tell you how to add things like a lift kit, OBA, etc. It will however augment the instructions that come with things like the lifts, bumper installs, things like that, by telling you how and what to remove to access the different components you might be changing. getting the FSM is good regardless of mod info since it will pay for itself in allowing you to do all your own repairs.

if you're looking for how to's then sites like this forum and the internet write ups are your best bet. you can usually find a write up on any mod you can think off with a little looking. and they'll usually be much more in-depth then any book I've ever seen.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 06:16 AM   #7
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

like sentinal02 said...get the FSM...it will help in removing and installing parts...

for mods, get familiar with sites like these:

www.stu-offroad.com
www.4x4xplor.com

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.