recurring dreams - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > recurring dreams

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

recurring dreams

Do you have any sort of recurring dream, either the same dream or a dream within the same context?

For me, I'm constantly piloting and crashing aircraft. It's horribly depressing, as I'll take friends and family up for a ride, and inevitably kill them all and/or myself. Last night I flipped a Chinook helicopter into the ocean. A few days ago I was flying from Reno to Tahoe in a 182 and caught a draft that slammed me into the mountains.

No, I'm not a pilot either. I'd like to be one, but I'm not entirely sure fate is subtly suggesting I don't...

kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
/\/\uD b0gg3r

One when I was younger was that every night, I'd get a dream that I was falling off the cliff of the Grand Canyon. And when I'd make impact, I'd violently wake up and it'd feel like I was dropped onto my bed.
XJicequeen is my mom club member #1
'05 Red LJ
Hemi 5.7L
Chris
/\/\uD b0gg3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
MudRoadRage
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I had that same sprt of thing.. ^ only mine was my dad pushing me off a mountain top.. I'd wake up and find my head had rolled off my pillow... hahaa
MudRoadRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
Laughingstok
2008 JK Wrangler 

I used to have one where I was in a gray room with no doors or windows and no light source but I could see. More like a big gray box really, the size of a room. Nothing in it but me and this horrible droning sound that was pretty terrifying. Like a big "WHOOM.. WHOOM.. WHOOM.." sound over and over and over.

Simple, yes. But was a nightmare. Haven't had it in years now.
Laughingstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

90% of my dreams are lucid. It's at the point I can think about past dreams and relive them again.

Oh, and for some reason in my dreams i'm a chainsmoker who has tattoo's everywhere. In real life i'd never touch a cig or get a tatto....not even a tattoo of "(s)aint" on my arm.

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The other night kept dreaming I was eating chocolate till I couldnt eat anymore. When I woke up in the morning I had a bad taste in my mouth and a spoon in my azz. ......................lol (I know its an old one)
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

when i was about 9 i got really sick and my temperature went up to 104 degrees. i was hallucinating really bad and i was scared ****less. i had a dream that there was this short, stumpy little devil dressed up like a cowboy (hat, vest over a flannel shirt, jeans, boots) with a lasso trying to get me. as funny as it sounds, i was terrified of this image for a while. i still get nightmares every now and then of it chasing me through white space and being right on my heels.

that was a scary time. i also thought my mom was going to spraypaint everything in the house and for some reason it would all melt when she did it. and then i started saying there was someone in the back yard watching me, and i wanted to go to my dad's house because i'd be safer there, but i told my mom not to worry because he didnt want her. it was ****ed up haha. your mind does crazy things...
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
wmeyer116
1997 TJ Wrangler 

HAHA. ^^ I have tornado dreams alot
Leave your inbred childish comments somewhere else. They are not welcome on JF
wmeyer116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
I used to have one where I was in a gray room with no doors or windows and no light source but I could see. More like a big gray box really, the size of a room. Nothing in it but me and this horrible droning sound that was pretty terrifying. Like a big "WHOOM.. WHOOM.. WHOOM.." sound over and over and over.

Simple, yes. But was a nightmare. Haven't had it in years now.
I used to know a phychologist, said that dreams or loud repetitive noises are a warning sign of psychosis. The example he used was of a large drum note just being repeated over and over. It was one of 2 big red flags during an evaluation.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ive had the same dream more times than I can count:

Im at my parents old house where I grew up as a teenager (in a neighborhood, not secluded, lots of houses). Im alone in the house and its almost dark outside. No lights on in the house. No TV, no nothing, its very quiet to the point that all I hear is myself breathing. Very difficult to see. None of the light switches work but there's enough light coming in the windows to kinda make everything out. I wander around the house trying lights and none ever turn on. Its not always in the same place but I always, inevitably, see one of those grey bug eyed aliens half looking at me from behind something. Sometimes its in another room half obscured, sometimes in a doorway, sometimes standing in the backyard behind the sliding door. And as soon as I see it I wake up. Absolutely terrifying. I have a very irrational fear of those things and its kinda bothered me ever since I was a teenager.
Unread 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #11
jbrem
2005 WK 

I get tornado dreams a few times a year. It's weird though, they're half scary, and half exciting for me.

The other night I had a dream I was part of a special ops team that was cornered in a warehouse, and right as I was shot I woke up. THAT was a scary dream. I was utterly trapped and hopeless in it...

When I was really young I remember being really sick and half-dreaming/half-halucinating that my dad was screaming at me, almost like a satanic scream, it scared the **** out of me. Man I was freaked out. I think my parents were more freaked out. *shivers*
jbrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #12
03silversport
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think dreams directly corellate with what is going on with our lives, regardless of how specific they can be.

I always have dreams where there is something that I can't do. I always seem to have a dream where I am doing something violent in order to help or save someone. But when I go to punch or shoot the bad guy my body quits working and I can't fire the gun, etc..............Like I am helpless or something.

I guess I have always wondered why I have these dreams where I can't quite save the girl or shoot the bad guy. I have had dreams where I was holding the gun and my finger wouldn't let me pull the trigger. I don't understand it.

Maybe these dreams are trying to subconsciously tell me something.
03silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
jeepsurf
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
For me, I'm constantly piloting and crashing aircraft......
Funny. ^ That's my recurring dream.

Mine is exactly the same, every time. I always crash into trees.

Weird.

1990 2.5 YJ / 1997 2.5 TJ

USAF VET

My YJ build thread HERE.
Nightcrew alive and well, now on VB 4.0 HERE.
Food mailed 3ooo milesHERE.
jeepsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #14
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

A couple days ago i was awake in my favorite chair, and found my eyes closed. Normally it's cool cause I stay tired. Anyway, after they were closed I realized it, and tried to open them but couldn't. I was fully aware of everything, the tv all of it. I tried moving, picking up my arms, legs anything and couldn't. I noticed that EVERYTHING had slowed down, my breathing, heart rate, all of it. Something told me to quit struggling or I'd hurt myself so I said screw it and quit struggling against it. I remember no more other than waking up some time later. Anybody had that happen before?
Unread 11-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriolisSTORM View Post
A couple days ago i was awake in my favorite chair, and found my eyes closed. Normally it's cool cause I stay tired. Anyway, after they were closed I realized it, and tried to open them but couldn't. I was fully aware of everything, the tv all of it. I tried moving, picking up my arms, legs anything and couldn't. I noticed that EVERYTHING had slowed down, my breathing, heart rate, all of it. Something told me to quit struggling or I'd hurt myself so I said screw it and quit struggling against it. I remember no more other than waking up some time later. Anybody had that happen before?
No! I think you might have had a seizure or something.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.