Recommend a Rucksack - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Recommend a Rucksack

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Wintermute
1967 FSJ Gladiator 

I'd recommend the camelbak Talon for a daypack kind of thing (http://www.camelbak.com/Military-Tac...cks/Talon.aspx). I have two of these and they're great packs. Easy to load, well laid out, very versatile, and they'll take a serious beating.

For backpacking, I'd recommend the Granite Gear Chief Patrol (http://www.granitegearstore.com/CHIE...L-P171C32.aspx) due to it's capacity, comfort, build quality, layout, and overall weight.

If you don't mind the additional weight, Mystery Ranch is a great way to go for a backpacking pack. The NICE frame is quite comfortable. http://www.mysteryranch.com/military...pedition-packs.

--Wintermute

Unread 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

We use Meret bags on our ambulance and I love 'em. I was thinking about their Pro EMS Personal Response Bag, but I'm balking a bit at the $200+ sticker.

Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #18
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So my first impression of the Maxpedition Falcon 2 are VERY good. To be honest, I was expecting this to be anything different then your run of the mill backpack. But, SWEET-SASSY-MOLASSY!, this thing is great.

It's compact. However if you pack it full of stuff it expands and can expand to a pretty large capacity. Pockets are everywhere, and if you don't want to use them, then you don't have you since they don't get in the way of interior storage space. Zippers are high quality. Shoulder straps are VERY comfy. Everything is fully adjustable. The bottom has a thick leather-like piece of material.

I can't find any drawbacks at this time. I'm looking forward to taking it out in the field and running it through the paces.

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.