reasearh paper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > reasearh paper

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-04-2001, 04:42 PM   #1
KG4PAM

reasearh paper

howdy i am doing a kinda reasearch paper. "the jeep cj is the best ORV ever" great topic huh? some of yall yj/tj owners might think different.... any how, where is a good source for info-i.e. history, specs, etc..? i am goin to search, but it would be nice if someone knew a specific site. thanks!!! jairus

KG4PAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2001, 04:56 PM   #2
jeepnmad198

Just wondering do you have facts to prove that the CJ is the best ORV ever? or you just belive that becase you own one? Just wondering..
Unread 12-04-2001, 05:30 PM   #3
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a 92' YJ. Personally, I think a CJ is a better ORV because its older and you won't feel as bad when you beat the **** out of it. My YJ still looks pretty good, I am very careful when I take it off-roading so not to scratch and dent it up.

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2001, 05:46 PM   #4
KG4PAM

no, i don't have facts in writing- thats waht i needed
Unread 12-04-2001, 08:19 PM   #5
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You have a contradiction in goals. Sorry but if you want to write a factual paper, you're not gonna be able to write your title. CJs might be the most loved or the best looking, but it is without question NOT the best ORV. We're talking stock components right? Sorry, but you're looking to write an infomercial, not a research paper.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2001, 09:22 PM   #6
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

As far as a research paper goes .. what is this paper for first?

The Jeep CJ may not be the best, but it has been proven to be the first design of a 4wheel drive vehicle that has stood against the test of time. So far, it is around 60 years of the same basic look, the longest running look of any vehicle in the history of the world.

The best off road vehicle ever could be argued as being a Quad, some would argue a Chevy pickup, some would say an Argo, some would describe the Hummer .. it all depends on what you plan to do with it. The Argo is all terrain, and its an amphibian .. a CJ is not (and neither is a YJ or TJ or .. ).

I personally would ask you to rethink your plan for writing this paper as you would have to have very strong arguments proving its the best against some very strong competition.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2001, 12:15 PM   #7
KG4PAM

thanks yall for your input. the paper is for a homeschool high school writing class, and what can i say, it sucked as a topic/thesis. it was the only thing i could think of at the moment, considering that music and jeeps are really the only things i could write about and enjoy what im doing. sure, i could write about something i dont like, but... any how, thanks for yall's help. i will attemp to come up with something else. btw, as was the topic of this post, websites relating to the tech specs/history of jeeps would be helpful! thanks again! kg4pam

ps. topic sentence suggestions would be nice!
Unread 12-05-2001, 08:54 PM   #8
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think Naekid has a good direction to head. The basic design of the short wheelbase Jeep has stayed the same for the most part. Look at the very first Bantam and todays TJ and you can see they're blood relatives. Maybe the SWB Jeep as the most proven design or something. Don't get model specific and look at how long our Jeeps have been around. Here's an excellent resource. Start with this link and it's got links to pages with info and links that have more info and links. You'll be busy with this one. One of my favorite historical sites. http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Poster.html
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2001, 08:55 PM   #9
Roachen

Good start, change the title to something like "cj most versatle" or something like that. as someone said, it stood the test of time. they carried familys to church, and dug hole for fence posts with on-board augers. this way, you dont offend anyone who owns another type of vehicle and are looking for fights. good luck!
Roachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #10
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Bump
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
BLOODBANE
1984 CJ7 

Label it "what most people think of for Off-Road". Most would think of JEEP. I run a few different brands myself FORD Ranger and Explorer, Suzuki Samurai's, and bought my fiancee a 84 CJ. Out of all of them my Ranger is the best suited for tough off road trails. Im building a buggy though (another Samurai) so it will go where the others dont. But back to my point, you say off road, and most folks would probably say JEEP.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #12
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think he probably already wrote the paper.
This thread is 12 years old!
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
BLOODBANE
1984 CJ7 

DOH!!! Damn thing popped up as a newer thread on my end....Guess I need to start looking at the post dates.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.