rear ended and rear ended and rear ended again x 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > rear ended and rear ended and rear ended again x 7

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Dustin07
1989 YJ Wrangler 

rear ended and rear ended and rear ended again x 7

My wife's 05 just got slammed again. second time in less than a year! first time was $5k in damage. insurance covered it. Everyone involved was insured and police came and so I'm sure its going to be handled legit, but I'm so sick of people trashing my cars just for insurance to fix them. I dont really want a new $5k bumper. I want a car that hasn't been rear ended while parked at 35mph!

sorry I had to rant. in the last decade my wife and I have been rear ended 7 times. I would suspect that we were bad drivers and causing this, except we were both literally stopped at stop signs and stop lights every single time.

Unread 08-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Dustin07
1989 YJ Wrangler 

the important thing is that yes, everyone is fine. except I'm a little concerned about my wife and my 4yr old son that was in the car. the boy was shaken pretty good and my wife does have sore neck. luckily she is a very fit crossfitter but you never know with whiplash.
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks bout the family getting hit,good to hear no real serious injurys though.
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd have your wife go see a doctor just to be sure. Idk what its like in your state but they passed a law here in FL not too long ago that if you don't see a doctor within 14 days of an accident that your insurance doesn't have to cover any medical bills that could have come from the accident. If in 15 days your wifes neck is real bad and goes to the doctor and it ends up being form the accident then insurance won't have to cover it and you're stuck paying for it yourself.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
Dustin07
1989 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the suggestion, this morning her neck is still bugging her a bit so I definitely think that's a good idea. I hope it passes quickly for her.
Unread 08-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jesus, bad luck man. At least y'all are alright.

Maybe it's a sign that you should just send the Hemi WK my way.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
Dustin07
1989 YJ Wrangler 

haha, we love that hemi, it tows the boat as well as my dad's cummings. the other day we were having the battery tested and my 4 year old pointed at the motor and told the guy "that's a hemi", the guys jaw just dropped and he goes "yeah it is!" lol....

Budke, wife made a stop at the doc today. definitely some muscle issues going on. I think she'll be ok, but she's sore today, poor girl.

more than anything I think I just needed to rant yesterday. we all make mistakes it just gets frustrating.
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Kind of an "outside the box" thought but what can you guys do to drive less? The odds of getting hit go up with every mile traveled.
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
1coopgt
2005 KJ Liberty 

What color car ? I had a Black Fiero. Got rear ended Twice in that car. Was never rear ended before it and haven't been since .
1coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
Dustin07
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
Kind of an "outside the box" thought but what can you guys do to drive less? The odds of getting hit go up with every mile traveled.
I'm sure you're serious but this still made me giggle. our annual mileage really isn't much above average. I think hers is right on average or slightly under (based upon 10-15k/year averages) and mine is incredibly low considering i'm in sales. i think its like 20k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
What color car ? I had a Black Fiero. Got rear ended Twice in that car. Was never rear ended before it and haven't been since .
5 times in my blue silverado, 2 times now in the blue cherokee. every single time parked at a redlight or parking spot lol
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I had a blue Scion TC that got hit while in a parking spot. They didn't leave a note or anything & it did 6k worth of damage. Shortly after that, it got rear ended by a young kid without insurance. The damage was minimal, but required a new bumper.
I've T-Boned two people at the exact same spot while in my Bright red TJ. For the record, I put less than 9k per year on my Jeep.
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
Hurley91

At least it wasn't a Ford Probe.... Get it?

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
Dustin07
1989 YJ Wrangler 

LOL @ probe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjohnson View Post
I had a blue Scion TC that got hit while in a parking spot. They didn't leave a note or anything & it did 6k worth of damage. Shortly after that, it got rear ended by a young kid without insurance. The damage was minimal, but required a new bumper.
I've T-Boned two people at the exact same spot while in my Bright red TJ. For the record, I put less than 9k per year on my Jeep.
that sucks. I forgot, last oct we had just finished shopping for some stuff for my wife, stopped for dinner and some people smashed the window and stole a LOT of stuff out of the car too. total claim was just over $3k between damage and stolen goods. this car may be bad luck.
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #14
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'd be more worried about why so many people are gettingso close to your wife's rear end

I say you need a rock crusher bumper and a reciever shackle mount. It may not stop them from hitting her, but it will make it more satifying when the slightest bump will make them take their car home on a trailer.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #15
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Why don't you guys just start running red lights and stop signs? Seems a pretty clear way to stop getting rear ended.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.