Really wanting to get in a JKUR - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Really wanting to get in a JKUR

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 05-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
93civEJ1

Really wanting to get in a JKUR

Ok guys, so lately I have been reading all about the jeeps (mainly unlimited) and am really suddenly wanting to get in a JKU rubicon. Something about they way they flex and solid axle up front I like.

Heres my situation:
I currently have a 09 Tacoma Offroad 4 door lifted and on 37's that I mainly just daily drive. I pay for it monthly. I like that I can haul stuff or pull my boat with it. Or if I ever shoot I deer I can just throw it in the bed.

I have a 94 Toyota Supra that I built to be capable of around 1000hp...fully built motor, auto to manual trans swap etc. Its in really good shape for a 94 and less than 3k on the newly built motor. I could easily sell it around 30k if I wanted to. It mainly stays kept in the garage collecting dust and hardly ever sees the road because they are sorta rare. It may see a sunny day every once in a blue moon.

Now, I could sell this car, but I would be sad due to the time I spent on this car and what I put into it. This would allow me to put a good chunk down on a new rubicon, or I could pay off the tacoma and keep it and finance the rubicon...or I could pay most of the rubicon and pay for both.

Or, I could sell the tacoma and no longer have a bed and just a fast car that sits in the garage that has sentimental value.

Luckily all of these vehicles have good resale values. What would you guys do?

I put the tacoma up for sale earlier on craigslist and the wife got mad cause I didnt really tell her, because she is wanting a new vehicle/SUV.

Just trying to weigh my options here.

at any rate, I could afford payments monthly around 600 or less depending on the route it goes...because thats about what I am paying right now total for just my play toys excluding the wives.

93civEJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
Dynomax_Exhaust
Exhaust Experts!
2013 JK Wrangler 

Keep the truck, the bed is worth so much more, than throwing a dead deer in the back of a JKU.
Make the wife happy.
Pics of the Supra. Sell it and be sad.... but be happy with a Jeep.
Dynomax_Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
93civEJ1

I dont think getting a new SUV for myself would make her happy.

I think she just dont think I can get rid of one of my vehicles and her be able to get something as well.

and as requested..
66333_531648896338_5236396_n.jpg   17067_521671391338_5963809_n.jpg   35297_528166170748_7581945_n.jpg  
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Dynomax_Exhaust
Exhaust Experts!
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 View Post
I dont think getting a new SUV for myself would make her happy.

I think she just dont think I can get rid of one of my vehicles and her be able to get something as well.

and as requested..

Man that thing is nice!!!!
Dynomax_Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
93civEJ1

Appreciate it.
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
93civEJ1

Well...its been bickering back and forth because im wanting to either sell / trade my truck
or sell the supra and replace one for a jeep.

The wife wants a new SUV and says we both cant have a different vehicle..

so now she is saying why dont we just trade in / sell her car and get the unlimited in place of hers.

Then I can keep the truck and the supra...and we would both have a SUV.

I told her its not the same cause I want one to tear apart and play with...she said well why wouldnt I be able to...

so now I am considering going this route and us all being happy.
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Coming from a guy who had 93 RX7 Turbo & sold it. Don't sell the supra. You'll regret it forever.
You'll always be able to find a Jeep.
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
mrott
2006 TJ Wrangler 

trade in the car and buy two jeeps? Get her a nicer newer one that she can drive and be content with and then buy yourself something with some age and a few miles that you can tear apart and turn it into whatever you want. It sounds like you have a picture in your head of what you want and the skills to match, get an 05-06 unlimited and go to town with it.

If it were me, the first time I wanted to tear into the Jeep that my wife used as a DD, she'd freak because she'd want to go out and wouldn't have anything to drive. Gotta have my own toys and her have her own vehicle.
mrott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #9
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You know what's funny? Back when my jeep was stock like 3-4 years ago, I had a guy offer to straight trade his 97 supra for my TJ. Straight up. Damn near showroom condition with 15k miles on it.

I kick my self EVERY single day for not doing it.
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #10
93civEJ1

Well. Actually we ended up just trading in her Mazda and now have a brand new jkur. I kept my tacoma and the supra is still in the garage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.