RB1 Nav unit - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > RB1 Nav unit

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #91
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

I just wish there were more folks who wanted one of these.... i have no use for mine anymore

ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #92
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Does the RB1 allow for you to upgrade your system with amps and such? and is the signal quality gonna be at least a slight upgrade from the base units? i know its no aftermarket receiver, but is it gonna sound better than just a plain old factory cd player? Id really like to get rid of my Alpine ida-x100 and get something a little more factory.
Unread 05-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #93
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It may have been buyers imagination, but I do believe the RB1 provides a cleaner sound to the factory speakers. I do not see why the unit could not be used with an amp or the like.
87warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #94
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've seen people add aftermarket amps and subs to this generation of Chrysler head units so I suppose it could be done. Personally, IMO it's a Wrangler and it's just never going to have good sound dynamics so going beyond factory anything seems pointless (aside from a marine HU and speakers if you like leaving the top off outside ) I've also heard that there are actually different variants of the RB1, some designed for use with the Infinity amp in WJs and other fancy Chryslers and some without, but I haven't really seen anything to prove it to me.

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #95
xantasm
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyakimo1855 View Post
Alright I am about to resurrect a greeat RB1 thread. My question to all of you is If you are installing a RB1 in a WJ (I don't think it really matters though) What are all the part numbers you will need for the following features:

Sirius
Ipod
Multiplexer (want to add a changer at a later date)
All cables (include the pt# for the changer cable)
WJ RB1 Mopar PN diagram

I imagine most of those P/N's work for any Jeep that an RB1 will fit in with exception mayby to cable length. I just put a Mopar Ipod adapter in mine after having wasted money on a USAspec POS Ipod adapter, and Im stoked about now being able to see artist and album info on my RB1 with my 80Gb Ipod
Unread 05-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #96
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore_dude View Post
I've seen people add aftermarket amps and subs to this generation of Chrysler head units so I suppose it could be done. Personally, IMO it's a Wrangler and it's just never going to have good sound dynamics so going beyond factory anything seems pointless (aside from a marine HU and speakers if you like leaving the top off outside ) I've also heard that there are actually different variants of the RB1, some designed for use with the Infinity amp in WJs and other fancy Chryslers and some without, but I haven't really seen anything to prove it to me.
yea ive read there is a premium and non premium compatible RB1, i just know with my aftermarket units you always connect the RCAs from the amp to the receiver, and that the factory RB1 is prbly not going to have preouts like that. lol, ive never tried to hook up aftermarket stereo equipment to a stock receiver..
Unread 05-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #97
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You need some sort of adapter that goes in line with the wiring harness to the radio that you can then run to your amp. I have no idea how that actually works but I have seen the results.

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #98
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

oh ok, well another question i have to raise; seeing as i have an 02 and it is a lot more square then oval (03-06), is there a way to get a dash bezel from an 03-06 to fit in my 02? or will it fit just fine without trying to go that route?
Unread 05-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #99
xantasm
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Model View Post
oh ok, well another question i have to raise; seeing as i have an 02 and it is a lot more square then oval (03-06), is there a way to get a dash bezel from an 03-06 to fit in my 02? or will it fit just fine without trying to go that route?
Check this thread about an 03 radio installed into a 97, would be same route you are thinking of:

03 radio in a 97 TJ?

It will work you just have to be prepared to modify a little bit
Unread 10-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #100
OffRoad98
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Heres a issue im having with mine, maybe somebody can help out. I recently installed RB1/ Sirius/ iPOD. I made a seperate link saying how when listening to the ipod sometimes the artist doesnt change but the song title does, and swicthing back to Sirius the titles dont come up at all. Siruis to ipod unit, ipod unit to rb1. any ideas people??
OffRoad98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #101
T0by

I am going to try installing this in my 1994 Jeep Grand. I have a CNC at home so if I need to make a new bezel then I can...
T0by is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.