RB1 Nav unit - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > RB1 Nav unit

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Jeep JK Wrangler NEW Heat Reducing Performance Vented HoodARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 02-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #76
brouillette

Just installed the RB1 in my 07 Liberty. Like others in this thread, artist info isn't showing up so I guess I have wrong cable. 2 other quick q's though: my screen shows the channel number, but blinks constantly between channel 1 and whatever channel I happen to be on. Any ideas on what is causing this? Also, hooked up the Mopar Ipod adapter and the RB1 won't recognize the Ipod when plugged in (the Jeep logo does appear on the Ipod). What should I check for to correct this situation? Thanks in advance,

Dan

brouillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #77
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, you'll need the title/artist cable to get the Sirius info. Not sure about that channel alternating issue, apparently some RB1 models aren't compatible with the ipod adapter and maybe yours is one, causing that problem? According to wjjeeps.com, only models 56038629AH and 56038629AI work with the ipod adapter...

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #78
brouillette

Thanks for the quick reply; checked the model number and that seems fine.

Did notice, however, that my system is an XM system -- not Sirius. Wonder if it matters. There is a "Smart Digital Adapter" (Terk model XMDCHY100) between the XM Universal Tuner Box and the RB1. The IPod Integration system is Mopar unit.

Are there any markings on the "artist cable" that would tell me if I have the right one. Thanks for any and all assistance.

Dan
brouillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #79
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

As far as I know those XM converters for the Mopar radios are twitchy at best, I wouldn't expect much from that setup. You'll probably need to get the real Sirius tuner for proper functionality. Don't know of any specific markings on the artist cable, it just has an extra pin populated...

You can read about XM and Jeeps here:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/xm.htm

Unread 03-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #80
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like Navteq has finally released a new nav disc, 05064033AF, $199 as usual. I haven't been able to find any information on what's new, although since no mapping website that uses Navteq has my apartment complex which has been here for over a year, I personally don't see much reason to upgrade

Unread 07-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #81
12six

Im sorry if the question was answered, but does the Rb1 have voice prompts, meaning the street names are voiced out?
12six is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #82
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

There are voice prompts for turns and such, but street names are not read out.

Unread 07-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #83
tcmault

Has anyone tried the AF dvd yet? I have AE and was wondering if it was worth it.
tcmault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #84
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have it, I wish there was a list of what all is new, the only thing I've noticed is one road that was created 3-4 years ago showed up on it, but the road I live on which is about that old still isn't on it

Unread 07-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #85
12six

Well first off, I like to thank everyone here for the info regarding the RB1 Nav unit. After reading through this thread, I went and got one(RB1). My first impression on the nav functions really did not impress me much, but I do have the 2004 disc, so hopefully the updated version will be better. What makes this unit worth while (imo) is the ipod integration add on. The integration kit makes using the ipod much more easier with searching for artist, album, genre, etc. I am now trying to install the steering wheel audio buttons to the RB1(in a 04 TJ) I read a thread where someone did it on a 06 TJ, but instead of purchasing a bcm(body control module) from a gc, I tried to do it with out using a bcm, and had no luck. I did however, found a way to bypass the motion lock that the unit has to lock out certain features when the vehicle is in motion. Let me know if you want the info on how to do that. Sorry for the long read, purpose of this post is to see if anyone else have any success with adding the steering wheel audio controls into a Tj with another method?

Last edited by 12six; 07-14-2008 at 04:10 PM..
12six is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #86
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore_dude View Post
I have it, I wish there was a list of what all is new, the only thing I've noticed is one road that was created 3-4 years ago showed up on it, but the road I live on which is about that old still isn't on it
One of my co-workers has an older brother who works for NavTeq, the company responsible for updating the RB1 disks. If you do not live in an urban area, it will take a long time to get the roads updated. They physically drive roads with a giant GPS reciever on top of a car.
87warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #87
Jeffola

Bypass For RB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12six View Post
I did however, found a way to bypass the motion lock that the unit has to lock out certain features when the vehicle is in motion. Let me know if you want the info on how to do that.
OK, How do I bypass ?
Jeffola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 02:46 AM   #88
Johnyakimo1855
1984 CJ7 

Alright I am about to resurrect a greeat RB1 thread. My question to all of you is If you are installing a RB1 in a WJ (I don't think it really matters though) What are all the part numbers you will need for the following features:

Sirius
Ipod
Multiplexer (want to add a changer at a later date)
All cables (include the pt# for the changer cable)

I need to make sure I have all cables for the song title text on both Ipod and sirius.

Last question most recent part number for nav disc and where recommend buy it at.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Plan on doing a retrofit in my 98 ZJ 5.9. If anyone has any advice to offer I am all ears. I think I have the dash part figured out I have a dummy unit coming to do the mock up. I am now trying to figure out the BCM module and wiring for the steering wheel controls and the NAV to get its info from. If ANYONE has any experience with this PLEASE chime in.

Thanks again,
John
Johnyakimo1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #89
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The latest disk:

December 10, 2008:
P/N 5064033AG

I am still running the AC. Not to many new roads in this neck of the woods that have been mapped yet.

I am no help on the ZJ specifics, sorry!
87warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #90
WJCraig

Just installed an RB1 in my '01 WJ. The nav map seems to know where I am when I start the vehicle, and seems to rotate when I turn, but doesn't seem to follow or recognize that I am driving...Maybe the crap weather has something to do with this...

I've got a P56038629AH unit with the 05064033AA DVD.

The radio portion is pretty nice though, and I plan on getting the iPod kit when I pay a few bills paid off as well.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.