RB1 Nav unit - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > RB1 Nav unit

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #31
sadlerb_98
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I already purchased the iPOD adapter. I will do both at the same time instead of pulling the dash twice.

Bobby

sadlerb_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #32
sadlerb_98
2005 TJ Wrangler 

RB1 Installed

Got the RB1 and iPOD adapter installed tonight. It took just over three hours with breaks to warm up. I hated to cut the bottom of the dash to get that new bracket installed though.

I'll let you all know how I like the GPS.

Bobby
Unread 02-24-2007, 03:41 PM   #33
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlerb_98
Got the RB1 and iPOD adapter installed tonight. It took just over three hours with breaks to warm up. I hated to cut the bottom of the dash to get that new bracket installed though.
I did not cut anything today when I installed by RB1 with bracket. I simply shoved the bracket up. I did need to bend it some so it would fit flush. But the Nav CD that was included with mine has a hairline crack in it and will not read... Anybody happen to have an AC or newer CD?
87warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #34
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

For those with the iPod adapter.... I recived the Mopar version today in the mail. It consisted of a black box with several wires comming out of it, a flexy cord, and a few other small parts...

After reviewing the instructions, I noticed it says to tune the radio to a certian radio station. Also, three wires are to be spliced into the harness. Perhaps the wrong kit was sent? I thought the Mopar iPod adapter allowed you to control the unit VIA the head unit.... Did I pick up the wrong kit? If so, I will return it.
Unread 03-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #35
sadlerb_98
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think you got the wrong kit. I don't remember having to do that or splice wires.

Bob
Unread 03-12-2007, 02:11 PM   #36
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlerb_98
I think you got the wrong kit. I don't remember having to do that or splice wires.

Bob
Yup, wrong kit was ordered. Jeeps Are Us is sending the correct one
Unread 04-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #37
Nick1150

Hello,

I own a 2006 liberty, and I am interested in getting the rb1. From what I read above, you need a DVD to install the map, right ? Is that DVD included in the package?

Another difficult one : I am in Athens, Greece. Will that DVD have the Greek maps installed or I need to order a DVD from somewhere ?

Thanks in advance

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited Black
Nick1150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #38
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

According to wjjeeps.com, the RB1 does not work outside of North America. However, you can get the RB3, which does not have mapping but features turn-by-turn directions. Apparently it also has live traffic updates too, which would be a handy feature on the RB1 (just ordered one myself yesterday)...

http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav_rb4.htm

I assume there is probably a European website somewhere with better information on it.

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #39
Nick1150

So RB3 is for me !!!

Thanks I will do a servey and get back to post any info, for possible future European members.

Thanks again

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited Black
Nick1150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #40
ziaholic
180 lb Gorilla

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just got my RB1 (with AE disc) off eBay for $719. Ordering the iPod kit in the next couple of days.

What, if any, use is the GPS on the trails? is it a street-only device? That is, does the map have many/any unpaved roads or trails?

I ordered it mostly for the iPod integration with titles/artist/etc. ... but I'm guessing that if I want waypoints and other features then I'll have to get a seperate GPS unit ...

Video: Moab '05 GoldenCrack MyStockRubi
Video: Moab '07 GoldenCrack MyLiftedRubi
ziaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #41
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I find that the RB1 is not a very powerful tool on the trail. However, it does help you figure out which way you have gone and wich way you are going with the bread crumb trail. I have never tried to set a wavepoint on the RB1. I have a Garmin GPSmap 60c that I also take on the trail.

The map does a a number of the USFS "trails" on it.

The RB1 Rocks getting you to an address. I had it guide me for 3 hours in completely new surroundings with out a problem.

EDIT: I Just remembered I uploaded pics of the RB1 in action!

Unread 07-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #42
N_P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87warrior
I find that the RB1 is not a very powerful tool on the trail. However, it does help you figure out which way you have gone and wich way you are going with the bread crumb trail. I have never tried to set a wavepoint on the RB1. I have a Garmin GPSmap 60c that I also take on the trail.

The map does a a number of the USFS "trails" on it.

You may just have answered my question.

I was going to ask how the mapping software for the RB1 compares to the software that Garmin supplies?

I have a Garmin GPS V Plus and a Garmin StreetPilot 2610, both use the City Navigator software. I am surprised at how many trails are included on the DVD.

I'd sure like to see a side by side comparison of the RB1 & a Garmin unit. I hate to spend the $$ and not have it work the way I was hoping it would.

Can you load a map of your local area (or maybe half of the US) into the RB1, and leave the CD's at home, or do they have to be in the head all the time?

Thanks for the assistance.

My previous toy. 1976 416 UNIMOG
N_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #43
wev162

You have to have the Nav disk in the RB1 for Nav functions.
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #44
N_P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wev162
You have to have the Nav disk in the RB1 for Nav functions.

Thanks for the clarification. Doesn't look like the RB1 will work for me. I really like the way it looks in the dash.

My previous toy. 1976 416 UNIMOG
N_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #45
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Depends on why it's a problem that the dvd has to be in the unit at all times. If you really must listen to CD's, get the 6 or 10 disc changer. Better yet, get the Ipod adapter and have much more music on tap! I just have Sirius right now but I've left provisions for the CD changer or Ipod adapter in the future...

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.