RB1 Nav unit - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > RB1 Nav unit

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-29-2006, 11:30 AM   #16
Gussdog

Last LJ, thanks for the reply, after reading thru, different forum on this subject I have also come to the conclusion that a multiplexer and song/title cable might be needed, Wow this is a lot of work just to have a Nav. system. Could you tell me where you have ordered the multiplexer, and cable from.
Thanks, Please keep us posted on your results.

Gussdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2006, 05:42 PM   #17
Last LJ

Park Chrysler/Jeep in Minnesota is where I'm having the cable and mux sent from, those are the same folks I got the RB1 from. I found them on eBay. They guy I'm dealing with is pretty cool - he admits he's not sure of everything needed for the entire system so I'm teaching him as I go along.

Stay tuned...

Joe
Last LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2006, 09:20 PM   #18
mookie1868

Did you ever get this to work? I bought an RB1 on Craigslist for $250...now trying to find the updated DVD (05064033AD). Which iPod kit do you have? Is your Sirius the factory kit?
mookie1868 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2006, 07:25 PM   #19
mattymat04

I just ordered everything and weather permitting will be trying this very same setup tomorrow afternoon eastern.

RB1
sirius
ipod

got the switching unit and the extra text cable maybe I will be able to answer some ?'s afterwards. If somone already tryed this setup please tell me the results thanks
mattymat04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #20
TJdave
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Will the RB1 fit into my 1997 TJ? I only saw that it will for sure fit into the 2003+ wrangler, any one know for sure??
KC daylighters, Warn Front bumper
and some Shrockworks
rock sliders all sitting on 33's
Pictures
NRA Jeeper #9

Ham Radio Call: KI6KCU
TJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #21
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdave
Will the RB1 fit into my 1997 TJ? I only saw that it will for sure fit into the 2003+ wrangler, any one know for sure??
You'd just need the 2003+ bezel to go with it... the radio face plate is shaped differently.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #22
TJdave
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
You'd just need the 2003+ bezel to go with it... the radio face plate is shaped differently.
Can i order that or what?
and some Shrockworks
Pictures
NRA Jeeper #9

Unread 12-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #23
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdave
Can i order that or what?
You're on your own for installation, and I'm not sure how well your a/c bezel would work with this one.

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/...Code=Wrangler8

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 08:30 PM   #24
TJdave
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thats perfect. I dont know exactly whats involved, maybe i'll call them and see if they have more info.
and some Shrockworks
Pictures
NRA Jeeper #9

Unread 12-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #25
KFinn

2 Questions

So, Do all of you that have the RB1 have it in a Wrangler and not the Grand?

Also, those of you that have Sirius Radio with it, do you still get the feature where you can save 10 or 15 of your favorite songs and it will beep at you when they come on?
1988 Ford F250 SuperCab 7.3L [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT="Verdena"][SIZE="2"][B][URL="http://www.bikepics.com/members/kfinn/01rsv1000/"][COLOR="DarkRed"] 2001 Aprilia RSV 1000 Mille [/URL][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[SIZE="1"]Akrapovic Exhaust | Evoluzione Billet Aluminum Race Velocity Stacks | Factory Pro Chip | Fuel Pressure Modifier | 16/44 geared
AF1 Triple Clamp | Tail light & Turn signal kit | 2003 RSV Mille Tail | Headlight Switch Mod | HID for Low Beam | Seat Quick Pins[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]| [URL="http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/"]ApriliaForum[/URL] | [URL="http://www.cfrsr.org/phpBB2/"]COFrontRangeSportRidersForum[/URL] | [URL="http://www.coloradopowerstrokeclub.com/forum/index.php"]COPowerStrokeClub [/URL]| [URL="http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/index.php"]PowerStrokeNation [/URL]|[URL="http://www.oilburners.net/forums/index.php"] OilBurnersForum [/URL]|[/SIZE]
KFinn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #26
TheMike
2006 LJ Wrangler 

TJ Bracket for the RB1

My RB1 is on the way but I wonder about this bracket I have read I need. Part #82208688. For those with 04's or later TJ's, was this NEEDED? Nevermind. I ordered and received it so I will just install it with the radio. Thanks anyway.
2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited 6.1 Hemi, Front AEV bumper (waiting for the rear), AEV Pinters, AEV 4.5" lift, 5:13's, 37's, Chromo Shafts, Front CV Shafts etc etc etc
2007 Adventure Trailer, Chaser#71, which now needs painting to match the Black JK

Last edited by TheMike; 01-30-2007 at 10:54 AM..
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #27
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Was there any confimation about that bracket for the TJ? I have orderd the RB1 and have seen conflicting reports regarding the bracket. Some sites dont even list a bracket for the 03. So, do I need it for the RB1 to fit/install corretly?
87warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #28
TheMike
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, get the bracket. The RB1 comes with installation instructions that covers every model EXCEPT the wrangler. The bracket comes with full radio installation instructions. But don't get the bracket just for that reason. Without the bracket the whole radio is held in place by those 4 small screws on the face plate. Not worth the extra chance of breaking it from normal driving, not to mention offroading.

I installed mine yesterday WITH the bracket and am glad I spent the extra $20 for it. All the questions I had about the install were answered with it. The radio is a nice addition to my Rubi. I like to wheel the crap out of my rig but like the hi tech toys too.

Part #82208688 for the bracket. Hope this helps.
2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited 6.1 Hemi, Front AEV bumper (waiting for the rear), AEV Pinters, AEV 4.5" lift, 5:13's, 37's, Chromo Shafts, Front CV Shafts etc etc etc
2007 Adventure Trailer, Chaser#71, which now needs painting to match the Black JK
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #29
sadlerb_98
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking about buying a RB1 also. Where doest the GPS antenna go? Is this unit waterproof like the radio currently in the jeep?
thanks,
Bobby
sadlerb_98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #30
TheMike
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlerb_98
I'm thinking about buying a RB1 also. Where doest the GPS antenna go? Is this unit waterproof like the radio currently in the jeep?
thanks,
Bobby
The GPS antenna location was one of those questions that I had that only got answered for me after I got that bracket - which came with complete install instructions. The antenna goes just under the "coin" tray on top of the dash. Under that tray (which is attached to the radio bezel) are your A/C vents which the antenna sits on top of with double sided tape. If anyone has a roll cage dash bar, the bar doesn't affect the antenna reception at all (I was wondering that before I installed mine).

Water proof?????? Didn't know that and don't believe the original one was. My 06 RBQ wasn't. I would say absolutely not about the RB1. If for no other reason than the DVD/CD installation slot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.