Rant: Sick of people confusing Cherokee and Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Rant: Sick of people confusing Cherokee and Grand Cherokee

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Rant: Sick of people confusing Cherokee and Grand Cherokee

ZJ and WJ owners posting questions in the XJ forum because they don't know the difference between a Cherokee and a Grand Cherokee. The link to the XJ forum is in the same field of view on the same page as the links to Grands--even for the ignorant masses, they'd learn something before even getting into a forum if they just READ the links.

Asking for a part at a parts store for a Cherokee and being asked in response, "Is that a Grand or a regular Cherokee?" I know they only ask because they know how people ignorantly mix the two up all the time, but it still grinds my gears. Makes me want to reply with, "Decaf," just to see how they'd react.

Grrrrr! Does this same stuff affect Grand owners likewise?

New sig rules suck.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
gemiller
2008 WK 

Meh, not everyone is a diehard and are just here for help on a vehicle thats causing issues. Life goes on. Heck, if you think its bad here don't ever think about joining a motorcycle forum where you have something like mine 955, 955i daytona, 955i speed, 955i sprint, blah blah blah.

Heck, I'm guilty of reading a link on the front page and clicking it and reading the first post and responding before I even saw what forum it was on.
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

What does it matter? They're both soccer mom driving one step above a mini van grocery getters.

I kid! I kid!

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
gemiller
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
What does it matter? They're both soccer mom driving one step above a mini van grocery getters.
I kid! I kid!
ROFLMAO, that hurt a little bit.
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post

ZJ and WJ owners posting questions in the XJ forum because they don't know the difference............... same stuff affect Grand owners likewise?

Cause is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
CherokeeHybrid
Jeepin for days

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have a feeling the worst has yet to come. Wait until you walk into autozone and say "Jeep Cherokee" and they automatically assume you drive that new 2014 Beaver-looking POS.
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
Dead_End
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I work at autozone and get to deal with this every day. But it's not as simple as confusing the name. God help me if they tell me they have a Cherokee, so I get parts for a Cherokee, and it end up being a Grand Cherokee. Then it becomes "my fault."
Dead_End is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_End
I work at autozone and get to deal with this every day. But it's not as simple as confusing the name. God help me if they tell me they have a Cherokee, so I get parts for a Cherokee, and it end up being a Grand Cherokee. Then it becomes "my fault."
Yeah, that's why I don't blame you guys for asking me if it's a Grand or not. It's frustrating, and I just felt like blowing off some steam with guys who'd understand.

I totally understand why it is the way it is, and it's not like I flip-out at people who get them mixed-up; thanks for being supportive, guys.

It will hit a new level once KLs hit the streets. Similarly, I wonder how the SJ Cherokee guys feel--I feel like they're the forgotten Cherokee.

New sig rules suck.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
eastcoastcam
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I love it when I go to Canadian Tire to ask about a part for my TJ and they go through the same old questions... 1)Year? ...2006 2)Motor?...4.0L 3) 4WD? WTF???
eastcoastcam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I like when I pull up to AutoZone the people working behind the counter top and look at my Cherokee comment on how nice it is and then when i ask for parts I get asked if its for a grand or Cherokee. Now I really confuse m because depending on what parts i need I just say both,(rear disc of a 97 grand Cherokee as well as front seats.)
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I love it when Autozone asks me what size engine I have when I'm looking for a turn signal bulb.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_End View Post
Wasted three years or so behind the counter at Kragen's - got to deal with that ALL THE DAMNED TIME.

"I need a fan belt for my car."
"OK - what sort of car do you have?"
"Blue."

I'm not exaggerating when i say I had to deal with at least a half-dozen people a day who would have been better of strangled...
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi
I love it when Autozone asks me what size engine I have when I'm looking for a turn signal bulb.
I do that every time. If you need a brake light, I'm going to ask you everything my computer asks. I'd rather been safe then sorry.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #14
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastcam
I love it when I go to Canadian Tire to ask about a part for my TJ and they go through the same old questions... 1)Year? ...2006 2)Motor?...4.0L 3) 4WD? WTF???
Again. We just want to make sure you get the right park. Would you rather us assume its the same part for every motor/drivetrain?

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #15
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

So,, You drive a Grand Cherokee

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.