JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Rant: Sick of people confusing Cherokee and Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/rant-sick-people-confusing-cherokee-grand-cherokee-1539380/)

mschi772 06-21-2013 08:30 AM

Rant: Sick of people confusing Cherokee and Grand Cherokee

:ranton:
ZJ and WJ owners posting questions in the XJ forum because they don't know the difference between a Cherokee and a Grand Cherokee. The link to the XJ forum is in the same field of view on the same page as the links to Grands--even for the ignorant masses, they'd learn something before even getting into a forum if they just READ the links.

Asking for a part at a parts store for a Cherokee and being asked in response, "Is that a Grand or a regular Cherokee?" I know they only ask because they know how people ignorantly mix the two up all the time, but it still grinds my gears. Makes me want to reply with, "Decaf," just to see how they'd react.

Grrrrr! Does this same stuff affect Grand owners likewise?
:rantoff:

gemiller 06-21-2013 08:40 AM

Meh, not everyone is a diehard and are just here for help on a vehicle thats causing issues. Life goes on. Heck, if you think its bad here don't ever think about joining a motorcycle forum where you have something like mine 955, 955i daytona, 955i speed, 955i sprint, blah blah blah.

Heck, I'm guilty of reading a link on the front page and clicking it and reading the first post and responding before I even saw what forum it was on.

ionakana 06-21-2013 08:58 AM

What does it matter? They're both soccer mom driving one step above a mini van grocery getters.

I kid! I kid!

gemiller 06-21-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ionakana (Post 15589383)
What does it matter? They're both soccer mom driving one step above a mini van grocery getters.
I kid! I kid!

ROFLMAO, that hurt a little bit.

Cause 06-21-2013 09:20 AM

:crying:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mschi772 (Post 15589293)
:ranton:
ZJ and WJ owners posting questions in the XJ forum because they don't know the difference............... same stuff affect Grand owners likewise?
:rantoff:

:crying:

CherokeeHybrid 06-21-2013 09:38 AM

I have a feeling the worst has yet to come. Wait until you walk into autozone and say "Jeep Cherokee" and they automatically assume you drive that new 2014 Beaver-looking POS.

Dead_End 06-21-2013 12:16 PM

I work at autozone and get to deal with this every day. But it's not as simple as confusing the name. God help me if they tell me they have a Cherokee, so I get parts for a Cherokee, and it end up being a Grand Cherokee. Then it becomes "my fault."

mschi772 06-21-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead_End
I work at autozone and get to deal with this every day. But it's not as simple as confusing the name. God help me if they tell me they have a Cherokee, so I get parts for a Cherokee, and it end up being a Grand Cherokee. Then it becomes "my fault."

Yeah, that's why I don't blame you guys for asking me if it's a Grand or not. It's frustrating, and I just felt like blowing off some steam with guys who'd understand.

I totally understand why it is the way it is, and it's not like I flip-out at people who get them mixed-up; thanks for being supportive, guys.

It will hit a new level once KLs hit the streets. Similarly, I wonder how the SJ Cherokee guys feel--I feel like they're the forgotten Cherokee.

eastcoastcam 06-21-2013 02:31 PM

I love it when I go to Canadian Tire to ask about a part for my TJ and they go through the same old questions... 1)Year? ...2006 2)Motor?...4.0L 3) 4WD? WTF???

98muddyjeep 06-21-2013 04:36 PM

I like when I pull up to AutoZone the people working behind the counter top and look at my Cherokee comment on how nice it is and then when i ask for parts I get asked if its for a grand or Cherokee. Now I really confuse m because depending on what parts i need I just say both,(rear disc of a 97 grand Cherokee as well as front seats.)

Moabrubi 06-21-2013 09:19 PM

I love it when Autozone asks me what size engine I have when I'm looking for a turn signal bulb.

5-90 06-21-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead_End (Post 15590207)

Wasted three years or so behind the counter at Kragen's - got to deal with that ALL THE DAMNED TIME.

"I need a fan belt for my car."
"OK - what sort of car do you have?"
"Blue."

I'm not exaggerating when i say I had to deal with at least a half-dozen people a day who would have been better of strangled...

Hurley91 06-21-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabrubi
I love it when Autozone asks me what size engine I have when I'm looking for a turn signal bulb.

I do that every time. If you need a brake light, I'm going to ask you everything my computer asks. I'd rather been safe then sorry.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.

Hurley91 06-21-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastcoastcam
I love it when I go to Canadian Tire to ask about a part for my TJ and they go through the same old questions... 1)Year? ...2006 2)Motor?...4.0L 3) 4WD? WTF???

Again. We just want to make sure you get the right park. Would you rather us assume its the same part for every motor/drivetrain?

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.

YJames90 06-22-2013 06:44 AM

So,, You drive a Grand Cherokee:rolleyes:

The time now is 02:03 AM.