Questions for puppy breeder - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Questions for puppy breeder

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #46
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint2 View Post
I'm looking into getting a corgi puppy for my gf, but have no idea on how to know if I'm buying from a good breeder.

What all should I be finding out from her to ensure I'm going to be picking up a good healthy puppy?
My personal opinion: (nothing to do with my place of employment)

Pembroke or Cardigan? And if you don't don't know the difference, you haven't researched the breed enough.

Another option would be pure breed rescue. Also, why a puppy?

Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of America This is also the AKC Parent Club website.
Mary Day, Rescue Chairman, STLH20@earthlink.com
Here is a an article on the Parent Club website about buying a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Cardigan Welsh Corgi National Rescue Trust
This is the AKC Parent Club website Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club of America

I'm not stating an opinion for or against -pure bred or rescue- just providing where to go for information to answer the question asked.

You could also go to a dog show and talk to people there. There's a big dog show in Louisville the second weekend of March. Although I suspect this might be a gift and therefore not in your time frame.

Lee

P.S. This is opinion and background:
I've had mixed and oure bred rescues, along with dogs from breeders. Generally, if a breeder is a "good" breeder, generally they will ask YOU a lot of questions about why you want the dog and how/where it will be raised.
All my dogs are companions first and foremost. I've had dogs without titles and also dogs with titles in rally, obedience, agility, coursing and conformation. I have to go home to feed them. I have to go home to to let them out. I have to pay the vet bills. I have to keep their nails trimmed. To me, it's worth it to have them in my life. To other people it's an inconvenience.
Bottom line is that dogs (hopefully) live a long time. Puppies are great if you have the time and energy to deal with house training, other training, etc. I've adopted adult dogs that have already come "potty" trained. Please just make sure if you get your gf a dog that she is prepared and willing to take care of the puppy/dog his/her whole life.

JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.