question about littering... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > question about littering...

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 06-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

question about littering...

Do you consider it littering if you throw an apple core (or any fruit) out but not in the proper disposal canister? simple question...

sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's biodegradable...
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

If I'm out in the country and can toss it into a bush or something I don't think so. If I was driving in downtown LA I wouldn't do it.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

If it's readily biodegradable I don't worry too much about it, ie. banana peel, apple core, the pit from a peach or plum etc.
Unread 06-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
MrNate
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon_90 View Post
If it's readily biodegradable I don't worry too much about it, ie. banana peel, apple core, the pit from a peach or plum etc.
Are you insane? Do you have any idea how many slip-and-fall accidents are caused by carelessly discarded banana peels? This is a crime of Vaudevillian proportions and must not be tolerated in a civilized society.
Unread 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
yjJeff
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I feel like I'm littering, but then again, isn't it worse for good biodegradable stuff to end up in a landfill? I throw it out...
91 yj Green paint, glass windshields. rubber tires, duramax brand battery, standard cables. Wal-mart after market gas cap. Brush guard. Seat covers. Sony radio (one button missing). soft top. pre-mix antifreeze
yjJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNate View Post
Are you insane? Do you have any idea how many slip-and-fall accidents are caused by carelessly discarded banana peels? This is a crime of Vaudevillian proportions and must not be tolerated in a civilized society.
True story:

When I was in junior high, my best friend and I would walk down a hill with a slight curve in it to the bus stop every morning. He brought a banana along one day because he skipped breakfast. About halfway to the bus stop, he finished it and threw the peel a few feet into the road.

While we're waiting at the bus stop, some guy in a beater 70's Mustang pulls out from a side street a little up the road to head up the hill. Right as he gets to the bottom of the hill he floors it and the *** end goes sideways, swiping a car parked along the curb as we see the banana peel fly through the air. The trunk popped open and the bumper fell off. The guy gets out, walks to the back of his Mustang and looks at it in bewilderment, picks up the bumper, tosses it in the trunk and drives off. That was probably the hardest I'd laughed in my entire life because the whole thing was so random and absurd.

And yes, I throw biodegradable stuff on the ground if it's an appropriate spot.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
MrNate
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
True story:

When I was in junior high, my best friend and I would walk down a hill with a slight curve in it to the bus stop every morning. He brought a banana along one day because he skipped breakfast. About halfway to the bus stop, he finished it and threw the peel a few feet into the road.

While we're waiting at the bus stop, some guy in a beater 70's Mustang pulls out from a side street a little up the road to head up the hill. Right as he gets to the bottom of the hill he floors it and the *** end goes sideways, swiping a car parked along the curb as we see the banana peel fly through the air. The trunk popped open and the bumper fell off. The guy gets out, walks to the back of his Mustang and looks at it in bewilderment, picks up the bumper, tosses it in the drunk and drives off.

That was probably the hardest I'd laughed in my entire life because the whole thing was so random and absurd.
Wow. Just wow.
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconSeamanVet View Post
I feel like I'm littering, but then again, isn't it worse for good biodegradable stuff to end up in a landfill? I throw it out...
Not necessarily. When stuff like that ends up in certain landfills, it plays a part in the creation of Methane, that is used to power some cities, like Las Vegas.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #10
kevinlanglois22
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
True story:

While we're waiting at the bus stop, some guy in a beater 70's Mustang pulls out from a side street a little up the road to head up the hill. Right as he gets to the bottom of the hill he floors it and the *** end goes sideways, swiping a car parked along the curb as we see the banana peel fly through the air. The trunk popped open and the bumper fell off. The guy gets out, walks to the back of his Mustang and looks at it in bewilderment, picks up the bumper, tosses it in the trunk and drives off. That was probably the hardest I'd laughed in my entire life because the whole thing was so random and absurd.

And yes, I throw biodegradable stuff on the ground if it's an appropriate spot.
hahahahaha oh my god, just imagining it i'm laughing my *** off!! hahaha

1996 XJ
kevinlanglois22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal21 View Post
If I'm out in the country and can toss it into a bush or something I don't think so. If I was driving in downtown LA I wouldn't do it.
this ^^

in the country, not a problem.

on a city street, it's a problem.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
this ^^

I agree...
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #13
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post

this is exactly what i was thinking? But what would the long arm of the law think about this? I mean its not going to hurt anything. An animal would probably pick it up and have a tasty treat, but if i was driving and a officer or the law saw me throw an apple core out the window do you think he would should write a citation?

Sorry this is the ramdom things that i think of when im bored.
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #14
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreno0207 View Post
this is exactly what i was thinking? But what would the long arm of the law think about this? I mean its not going to hurt anything. An animal would probably pick it up and have a tasty treat, but if i was driving and a officer or the law saw me throw an apple core out the window do you think he would should write a citation?

Sorry this is the ramdom things that i think of when im bored.
If that happens just make a run for it.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #15
Nick
2006 WK 

I'm going to dump an *** load of apple cores on your doorstep.
2001 WJ | 4.7L V8 | Utah Jeepcrew #19 | Hemi Club Member 60

1990 White XJ Laredo [Sold]
2000 Silverstone XJ Classic [Sold]
2006 Dodge Charger RT Hemi [Sold]
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee [Current]

Xbox Live gamertag: XJ Nickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcMuff View Post
Banned for being the cooler Nick
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.