Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Quad Rail for my Rock River Entry tactical AR15?

7K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Matt Gertsch 
#1 ·
I just bought this ar and I wanted to put a quad rail on it, I thought it would be easy like my Ak 47 where you just find a good price and buy it. I didn't know there was different sizes. There is a carbine size which gives no measurement, A midlength size which is 8.5" long, then a full size which i know is too big 12". Just wanted to see if someone could help me find a quad rail???:confused: I would be very thankful, because it makes the gun look that much more awesome. thanks:thumbsup:

#3 ·
The rails are sized to the gas tube length. It looks like yours is carbine length so any carbine length rail would fit. I really like the Midwest Industries full float 2 piece. Midwest Industries: Carbine Length. It is relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and it gives the monolithic upper rail look which IMO is bad ***.

#4 ·
I went with Yankee Hill Machine because they are 30 mins away and make a decent product. My first set of "drop in" rails were Surefire M73s. Carbine length. My new upper has a hidden front gas block with YHM Specter length rails.

#7 ·
#10 ·
Woops my bad...I dont have the Specter length rails...I actually have the Mid-lengths. bought the upper complete from a friend. I just thought they were Specters. Never actually measured them. Either way they are lighter and slightly larger diameter than the Surefires that I had. Both rails were sturdy and didnt move one bit.

#11 ·
A quad rail is definitely something you dont want to skimp on if you plan on putting a foregrip on it, or part of your sight. Usually, but not always, the cheaper ones will be loose which is aggravating as hell. If you buy a more expensive one, youll cry when you pay for it, but youll be happy with it for the life of the firearm. .02

I went with a Troy quad rail. Its solid as a rock :thumbsup:

#9 ·
I'd get a Yankee Hill Machine gas block/front hooded sight: Front Flip Sight Towers You've really got to use one of these guys. Free floats just look goofy with the fixed sight tower, but they look uber-sick with fold down sights and an EOTech.

and their Diamond Series carbine length forearms: Diamond Series Forearms

And the bushing to close up the front of the forearms.

I'm about to use on of their Black Diamond Carbine uppers on a Stag lower that I'm getting ready to put together.

#14 ·
Yes. UTG is cheap crap. If this gun is going to set in your closet waiting for the once a year range trip then go for it. If you're going to do any real training then get something better.

Someone else suggested MWI. Not my personal favorite, but decent for the price.

#16 ·
you need the length that goes with your gas tube length, there is carbine length(short), mid length, and rifle length(long).

don't buy utg crap, they're made for airsoft guns.

ar15.com has a CRAP TON of info for anyone looking to learn about the black rifle.

i have a dd omega rail on my flat top, it is rock solid and requires no smith work to install.

#17 ·
So whats a decent inexpensive quad rail, some of the ones I was looking at are like $350, I will maybe be able to afford to go and shoot this AR 3-5 times a year only. So with that info whats a decent midpriced quad rail. And I'm Thinking I want to keep my fixed sights. How much do those flip up sights cost?

#18 ·
#21 ·
Im pretty happy with it the way it is. The BUIS sits right in the middle of the window and I dont have to smash my cheek to get a good picture, yet I have a pretty solid weld.

Definitely get the EOTech, I love it, so will you. I find shooting with both eyes open so much better. Give it a whirl without the riser, and obviously you can always upgrade if it feels funny.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.