PS3 gaming thread - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > PS3 gaming thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #436
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport

Call of duty kind of ruined the FPS market with their garbage. Kind of glad i am a BF guy because of that. I just wish it was as popular as the COD series.
I got bf3 not long ago & didn't play much so I get raped also - but I agree totally. As I said tho, the fps genre is just so over crowded it's getting old quick.

DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #437
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

To say COD ruined fps is like saying Mario Brothers ruined side scrolling games.

They are both top the selling games of their genres, right?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #438
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion
Ok guys I need some help. I had a profile on my PS3 and I put about 80 hours into Skyrim. For one reason or another I couldn't get into my PSN account so under the direction of Sony I created another user and PSN id. Now I copied my Skyrim save to my new profile but when I load it up it says that I cant save or do anything but I can play. Any ideas? It also doesn't recognize my Red Dead trophies from my old user. Im pissed at Sony right now...
Have you tried saving the game files to a flash drive or pc and then uploading to your new name?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #439
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Have you tried saving the game files to a flash drive or pc and then uploading to your new name?
I have not tried that yet. I'll give it a shot over my lunch break.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #440
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I actually haven't thought about doing that, I have like 3 names and one is level 12 or 13 on trophies, the other maybe level 1 or 2 and the one I'm currently using is 7 or 8, so if I could consolidate them on one account that would be awesome!

Unread 03-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #441
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
To say COD ruined fps is like saying Mario Brothers ruined side scrolling games.

Top selling =/= quality, but I suppose that's subjective. There weren't many side-scrollers like Mario when it came out but FPS's had been done to death long before COD or BF were franchises. It's not so much that the games are stagnating the genre, it's their mass appeal and attraction of hive-minded fans that are doing it. They keep lapping up the same **** and asking for more, and Activision and EA are more than happy to keep shoveling it to them all in the name of profit while completely ignoring development in other genres.

FPS's have been around for the better part of 20 years now, and there isn't much that hasn't been done already. The advent of hardware sophisticated enough to be able to handle 3D graphics and fit into a console pretty much opened the floodgates to a larger and younger generation of gamers at a fraction of the cost of what PC users had been doing for about a decade. GoldenEye was probably the first real big console 'vs.' FPS until Halo came along and made it mainstream with global online matchmaking capability. It's been all downhill ever since.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #442
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ

Absolut invented the flavored vodka - now you can get "cake"?!?! Now it's overly abundant - all the same BS!... But I like my vodka! Lol! I liked my CoD a lot BUT they ruined the genre, made it mainstream & now they hope sheeple don't catch on! Their games suck & each is nothing new!
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #443
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

CoD invented it & capitalized on it! Now it sucks!!!! FACT! Doom made fps!!!!
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #444
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Right.,., as a gamer - does that make them best?
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #445
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I don't like Jeeps anymore, they are too mainstream. That makes sense in your logic I guess.

I'm going to play "qbert" now because I have to feel hip and trendy by being different, but at the same time I'm alone because no one facking plays qbert. But at least your not a sheep

Unread 03-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #446
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ

Top selling =/= quality, but I suppose that's subjective. There weren't many side-scrollers like Mario when it came out but FPS's had been done to death long before COD or BF were franchises. It's not so much that the games are stagnating the genre, it's their mass appeal and attraction of hive-minded fans that are doing it. They keep lapping up the same **** and asking for more, and Activision and EA are more than happy to keep shoveling it to them all in the name of profit while completely ignoring development in other genres.

FPS's have been around for the better part of 20 years now, and there isn't much that hasn't been done already. The advent of hardware sophisticated enough to be able to handle 3D graphics and fit into a console pretty much opened the floodgates to a larger and younger generation of gamers at a fraction of the cost of what PC users had been doing for about a decade. GoldenEye was probably the first real big console 'vs.' FPS until Halo came along and made it mainstream with global online matchmaking capability. It's been all downhill ever since.
Halo was not online multiplayer. What was the first ONLINE multiplayer console game?

Halo 2, not Halo 1.
neither on playstation, COD was.

The players who dot like cod are the ones who are always raging and quitting. Most likely they aren't any good and think its real and not a game, therefore taking it WAY to serious. It's a game, have fun, just because some 11 year old
Kid is better than you, that doesn't make it a bad game.

I'm not saying its the best. Been playing cod forever, it does get old. I've been playing ol arcade games like street fighter and mortal Kombat lol

Unread 03-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #447
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Halo was not online multiplayer. What was the first ONLINE multiplayer console game?

Halo 2, not Halo 1.
neither on playstation, COD was.

The players who dot like cod are the ones who are always raging and quitting. Most likely they aren't any good and think its real and not a game, therefore taking it WAY to serious. It's a game, have fun, just because some 11 year old
Kid is better than you, that doesn't make it a bad game.

I'm not saying its the best. Been playing cod forever, it does get old. I've been playing ol arcade games like street fighter and mortal Kombat lol
It has nothing to do with some 11 year old being better or not lol. It has to do with how COD is ALWAYS laggy, always hacked, the cheaters, and that they just recycle the same old BS into every game. I don't think I've seen any advancements in their graphics and gameplay since COD4 came out. COD4 and Mw2 are the only games of that franchise that are even worth a damn. And COD literally takes no skill, especially after playing Battlefield for so long. Instant bullets are lame. This is coming from a dude that had like 35 days on COD 4 and like 40 days on Mw2. I played it QUITE a bit so I'm not just speaking out of my ***.

I dunno why you're taking so much offense to people disliking COD, must be a fanboy thing.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #448
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I used to be a huge cod fan. But I'm starting to be over it now. It's more about them making money than making their fans happy. They don't fix anything, they add **** and make it look pretty. Like the EMP grenade. It was skmewhat annoying in mw3, but who the **** though it was a good idea to make it so you're empd for like 3 ****ing minutes and the blast cover half a map?!?! Damn trey arch just stop.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #449
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well technically, the Dreamcast had Unreal and Quake online multiplayer but yeah I meant Halo 2, although the first one defined the franchise and it was in the works to be multi but LIVE wasn't ready yet. I can say COD is a bad franchise now because I started back on Wolfenstein 3D for the PC and have seen everything since. I don't give a **** if some kid is 'better' than me; it's an arbitrary metric that deviates from the bottom line: fun. Sometimes that consists of doing horribly almost on purpose with the sole intent of trolling the hell out of some try-hard kid or d-bag cheater. I could be just as good as some of these Ritalin poster children if I had as much free time to devote to a single game, but being a grown up, having interests in other genres and platforms as well as other hobbies in general that take up that free time. I loved the hell out of the original COD1/2/3/MW/MW2 and even Black Ops was okay after I got used to it (and everyone else had moved on to BF3/MW3.)

COD and BF started out as great, innovative franchises but quickly staled because they were a victim of their own success. The sophomore efforts were the best of each series IMO and it's just been an annual turd of a release every year since just to make that money. Remember when expansion packs were a big thing and were actually worth it? Now EA and Activision want to break everything down into microtransactions and suck even more money from you for stuff that should have been in the game to begin with. Instead of $20 expansion with a dozen maps or so, you're paying $10-$20 for like four maps times a couple of packs each. They're just stringing the customers out until they can hype and release the next pile of steaming **** (although the single player campaigns are still good.) And don't even get me started on the online pass bull****, that's like buying a used car and the dealer wants $200 extra for the keys.

TL;DR -- COD sucks, deal with it. Activision has run it into the ****ing ground like every other cool franchise they used to have (Guitar/Band/DJ Hero, Tony Hawk, True Crime, etc.)

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #450
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

No offense taken, not a fanboy. But I'm not going to sit here and not defend it. You all act like its the worst game ever, when in fact it has changed the way video games are made. wether anyone likes it or not, it's true. It now supports 3d with out a 3d tv which I think is cool.

I really don't know why I'm defending cod. It is laggy as **** and I really only play a few days a month, but I just played
Tomb Raider Online and it was worse as far as connection goes. But it was fun I guess. Big maps and a bow and arrow
image-3713300168.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.